Unable to Map File error report search!

Is this still being worked on? I literally can't play this game since I can't get into certain areas, and I really want to be able to play.
Same here i've tried to get into Battlefront 10 times, didnt work once.
The game crashes nearly everytime i enter a different area.
Second day and the same problem. I can't get to Battlefront. Can any dev say sth about that error? Act 1 and 2 work fine
Seems like something goes wrong when playing in 32-bit windows.

If you're running 64-bit you will not see this error. Can anyone confirm?
They say I'm an astronaut that laughs a lot.
Vexellent, I think you're right. I was playing on one of my desktop computers running 32 bit Windows 8 and experienced the error four times today while trying to zone from Old Fields to Crossroads.

Switched to my 64 bit Windows 7 desktop and I was able to transition to Crossroads without any problem...
"
Vexellent wrote:
Seems like something goes wrong when playing in 32-bit windows.

If you're running 64-bit you will not see this error. Can anyone confirm?

I'm running 64 bit windows 7 ultimate and I get this error in act 3 servers, playing a Ranger.

#edit

I might have fixed it.. stopped getting it after disabling post processing, set shadow mapping to Variance shadow mapping and make sure I'm in Fullscreen, not windowed or windowed fullscreen
Last edited by Klexx on Jan 25, 2013, 2:40:36 PM
I can't playng this game because when i trying to changhe location or going throw the portal i see this error and forced to restart the game. And when i restart i see it again. And again and again and may be the 30th time i'm lucjy and have no errors. All your advice did not help me, i'm confused. Should we wait for the patch and it is working on it? I do not want to delete the game, but I do not know whether there is still any realties options. Sorry for my english.
I've switched from 32-bit windows home basic to 64-bit windows home premium with a complete reinstall of the game.

Been playing for the last 2 hours or so with no errors/crashes. I'd like to note I feel the load times are quicker but that's just judgement.

Mind you, I haven't been in act3 yet where it seems like the majority of crashes are taking place.
Success no errors in act3 either. Run 64 bit for optimal results
Few of my errors:

---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2677997568 Size: 22371974
OK
Exception
Failed to lock buffer D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR Driver internal error
OK
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1004208128 Size: 9275601
OK
AppName: client.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: client.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00363416

Exception
"Art/Models/Terrain/Act3/MarketPlace/market_thickwall_connection_01_02_c1r1.tgt": In source code file: Mesh\TileMesh.cpp at line 264,
Processing file: Art/Models/Terrain/Act3/MarketPlace/market_thickwall_connection_01_02_c1r1.tgt
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

OK

System specs:

Athlon x2 250 3GhZ
4 Gb RAM
HD5670 1GB DDR5
SSD 64GB
Windows XP Prof 32 Bit

Most of the errors appear when i'm trying to change location in a3.
I've played closed beta and never had problems like that.
Please help :(
Last edited by lukass on Jan 26, 2013, 4:45:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info