Rarity of Portal Gem?

Just wondering what the rarity of the white portal gem is. I found one just before. First time I've ever seen a white gem--didn't know they even existed.

It's quite nice; free teleport at anytime, no need to use teleport scrolls.
Pretty rare.

Unfortunately not all that useful because of the cast time.

I'd rather just be able to bind portal scrolls.
Last edited by Aezurr on Aug 23, 2012, 5:03:02 AM
"
Aezurr wrote:

Get that +quality to decrease cast time.
"
Aezurr wrote:
Pretty rare.

Agree pretty rare and this is possibly because when people get they want to keep to use.

So this would suggest that it is possibly more useful than you think.

Cast time doesn't really matter to me as i use before i get into difficulty and do not need and instant cast.

Would rather have portal gem and use scroll to change to identify.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
Having had one for a while (with 10% quality), I'm becoming much more positive with this gem. What it enables you to do is to convert all of your TP-scroll drops into ID scrolls - which then allow you to identify items freely for alts.

It's a net positive in the long run if you have a slot to spare. :P

I'm not inclined to sell it - and would probably move the portal gem to whoever I'm using at the moment (who is also not likely to... die...). ^^
the biggest issue with the portal gem, is that you need a button to cast, and at least up from cruel, my chars run out of keys constantly... ^^

Its kinda annoying to swap skills on every entrance to cast some auras, but also to swap for every needed portal keeps me away from using it at all - maybe changes sometimes when a weapon switch also affects the skills...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I got lucky and was able to trade for my Portal gem at a ridiculously cheap exchange. And I must say that thus far, it is the best trade I have made to date.

Being able to use Portal Scrolls as a currency item with vendors has made them much more useful than they had been for me in the past.

I have a hunch that the Portal gem is the one item in the game that is traded the least, due to it's high use and convenience.

One big bonus to the Portal gem, for me, is that I tend to rush a few of my noob chars into areas they are not ready for.

Even with the cast time, the freedom to be ready to leave at any moment gives me just a bit more breathing room with a new char, or any of my glass cannon types. They is popping up the portal before you need it, just in case.
...narf
The Portal Gem is a technical Unique item (it's in the Unique list), so, pretty danged rare.
"
Aezurr wrote:
Pretty rare.

When farming alts, the ability to sell all your portal scrolls for ID scrolls is priceless saves a great deal of time.

No, the far bigger problem is real estate. How do you get that pesky portal on your hotbar? I have a skillset for mobbing and a skillset for bossing already. I eventually want to be able to swap between the two with weapon swap. Unfortunately this requires a nice collection of awesome weapons, so I already have to juggle skills on my hotbar at the moment. Portal adds another skill I can't keep bound.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 23, 2012, 12:12:14 PM
Rare enough to the point that people will pay a GCP for one, haha. I got lucky enough to find one on my first character, and I had no idea it was so rare for a long time. I neglected it, pretty much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info