0.9.11l Patch Notes

"
StimpsonH wrote:
"
"

You still get the physical damage effect and the stun if you stun.

neither of which are noticable visual effects. Im talking about your interaction with the world and how that makes for a better feeling from combat.

gotta agree. I was playing my ranger earlier and it felt like my elemental hit is doing jack squat now. i miss the crackling sounds it made.

its terrible with lightning arrow as well. you used to get that nice crunch sound with every shot as the lightning animation went off, now you get this dinky little sound and no animations.
Well I use lightning arrow and elem hit as my main skills. Now feels like my hits have barely any impact. They way it was before might have been an overkill but I liked it. Especially against blue/rare/unique monsters it's abysmal. Just a small thud. Because I hit and run quite a lot sometimes it's even hard to tell if I hit the monster at all. I would love if you would at least bring back the sound.
"
Chris wrote:
"
zharmad wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
By the way, in case it wasn't clear, the patch notes say that the 'Shocked' state did not work and was fixed today. That is a massive buff to lightning skills.

That's a pretty big bug...

Yes, and none of the 100,000+ testers who played the game this year noticed :P

Assume nothing, check everything!

I think that's partially because most people use frost.. there are so few lightning and fire skills compared to frost.

I tried lightning nova/shock witch but i was a bit turned off by the dead zone mechanic
Whad did happen to the sound effects? o_O
Playing with Dual Strike and Cleave, and it just sounds awful today, while yesterday everything was fine. Is this connected to the change in visuals (I happen to have a little bit of cold damage on both swords)?
Sounds like I'm cutting air, not monsters, although I do hit them. Ahh, memories of the days when I had to play with --nosound...
Thicket and Grotto tilesets also have minimal effect from the Maze prefix. Thicket sometimes gets a tiny bit larger or more random, sometimes not, while Grotto goes from being a sloppy circle to being a slightly more sloppy circle, nothing mazelike about it.

The Maze+Massive combo was also one of the few reasons to roll rare maps, which, due to the huge player>map quantity bias, are generally a waste of time/orbs and a poor risk:reward ratio compared to decent dual mod blues.

Regarding hitsounds, my elem hit / lit arrow archer sounds like hes firing rubber bands now (no desync reference pun intended); the bowstring sound drowns out the sporadic hitsounds half the time.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 23, 2012, 4:06:27 PM
Shock nova is also awful with regard to knowing whether you hit something or not. Can't really hover over the monster to see if its losing life nor can't click target, nor are the visual effects other than shock really that obvious.
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed problems with targeting of Lightning Warp.[/li]

So... was this the crash bug related to targetting enemies (iirc) or was it something else?
I'm inclined to agree about the damage effects, and I'm going to make sure that the threshold gets changed to something more like 1% today.

15% should never have slipped through.

The intention was just to make it so that if your a level 60 guy with a tiny amount of fire damage or something, then it doesn't appear.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Last edited by Jonathan on Aug 23, 2012, 5:26:06 PM
Good news, I was about to suggest the threshold be lowered, 15% is overdone. The threshold itself is a good idea, it looked silly to proc an effect with 1-2 fire damage...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 23, 2012, 5:34:45 PM
"
Fixed a bug where shocked targets would only receive increased damage from degeneration effects, not normal damage.
lolwut?
I personally had suspicions of this, but with such random damage lightning deals, the fact that shocked only appears on critical hits (which is even more spikey damage), and the fact that you can't tell how many shocks are stacked on a target makes it nearly impossible to detect easily.

That plus I haven't run a shock/crit-based lightning dmg character until somewhat recently.

Regarding the elemental damage effect, 15% of attack damage would be reasonable, but like people said, target health is unreasonable.

Personally if possible (I think it's more difficult, or possibly impossible) I'd much rather prefer it being a percentage of damage rather than target's health, since some builds are low-damage high-frequency, while others are high damage with low frequency.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 23, 2012, 6:25:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info