0.9.11l Patch Notes

"
I like that the interior of the ship (log in) is now bright enough to see the characters... looking forward to seeing the other improvements :)

I think this is because you turned shadows off.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
ionface wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

• Visual elemental damage effects now only play if more than 15% of the target's life was removed by damage of that element.

Does this mean exiles with CI will still always catch fire and look shocked?
No, because a) This is not referring to the elemental status ailments, but to the colourful 'hit' effects which visually indicate your hit with a certain type of damage, and b) the duration/effect of elemental status ailments on CI users is based on what their life would be if they didn't have CI, not on 1.
"
Chris wrote:
By the way, in case it wasn't clear, the patch notes say that the 'Shocked' state did not work and was fixed today. That is a massive buff to lightning skills.

That's a pretty big bug... makes me want to revisit a certain dead character (from lag) who relies on it.
"
Chris wrote:
"
I like that the interior of the ship (log in) is now bright enough to see the characters... looking forward to seeing the other improvements :)

I think this is because you turned shadows off.

lmao! ok. Can you guys fix the lighting in the ship? lol.
"Better to have one woman on your side than ten men."
al'Lan Mandragoran
"
zharmad wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
By the way, in case it wasn't clear, the patch notes say that the 'Shocked' state did not work and was fixed today. That is a massive buff to lightning skills.

That's a pretty big bug...

Yes, and none of the 100,000+ testers who played the game this year noticed :P

Assume nothing, check everything!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Is that for shock on enemies or shock on players or both? Cause I'm damn near positive I take more damage from enemies when I get shocked by them. Maybe it's just in my head from seeing the debuff.
Seriously? I find it hard to believe that it's never worked, seeing as I've had several builds that focused on it quite heavily and it seemed to work well enough for the act 2 boss against players.

Well, it is difficult to test anyway, if you think about it, because it's hard to reliably get a stack of shocked status effects without also killing whatever you're testing on, unless they're regenerating ungodly amounts of life... Or that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway. :)
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Actually, if we had damage numbers pop up in combat, it might have been easier to find. Instead of seeing damage ~100 points, we should start seeing damage ~150 to 200 on targets shocked, right?

Another reason to implement it, maybe? =D
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Why disable Massive as a possible affix for indoor maps? It worked perfectly and, under the current map drop system, was one of the few ways for players new to maps or with low item quantity to keep maps propogating themselves. It would have been more interesting to instead enable Maze on outdoor maps, most of which already have mazelike equivalents in their normal campaign tileset counterparts, so its not like Maze versions would be difficult or impossible to render.

Also, not sure if this is intended but Maze often has little or no effect on maps with multiple small levels such as Vaal Pyramid or Crematorium.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 23, 2012, 3:14:52 AM
iirc maze doesn't/didn't have any effect on the thicket map but is able to roll the mod as well
Last edited by teek on Aug 23, 2012, 3:25:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info