Unique Item List - 300 of 419

Gaining two Onslaught mods at the same time don't stack the potency, it stacks the duration.
"
sidtherat wrote:
but the dmg is not that big..my poor's man maul does more and that is without flat phys mod

even with that lightning dmg ruining it a bit it is - for me - a clear winner over that new unique

or am i missing something that escapes the eye?

Significantly well rolled rares (which are quite rare) can beat out uniques in one major regard (and very rarely, in every regard), especially for more niche builds.
(not the best example)

This has been true in almost every similar game since the time of Diablo 1.
(:
Last edited by zakar on Sep 6, 2013, 2:27:48 AM
"
Uvne wrote:
Gaining two Onslaught mods at the same time don't stack the potency, it stacks the duration.

If it works like every other buff in the game, it should reset the duration, not stack.
"
Uvne wrote:
"
Rheakith wrote:
What does onslaught do because that would only become a 360ish dps mace with quality.

It's the same as the Onslaught league mod. I like that aspect, because of the way it forces you to build 2H crit, but the damage seems pretty overtuned. A search of all the xyz 2H mauls up for sale on Onslaught puts this at higher DPS than any rares and even Voidhome, without Voidhome's massive downside and with better damage-per-hit for stun calculation. We really need some clarification on the unique item design goals at this stage.

You misspelled Vendorhome.
"
sidtherat wrote:
but the dmg is not that big..

my poor's man maul does more and that is without flat phys mod

even with that lightning dmg ruining it a bit it is - for me - a clear winner over that new unique

does the onslaught from ring and this weapon stack or replaces one another. if it stacks.. then yes, it is a clear winner then

It is RT without the RT drawback. You can still crit to activate Onslaught. This wep saves you a couple of points from going to RT. Your weapon could be better than this unique, but the new unique is more convenient than Mahori Erqi. I might end up replacing Mahori for this one.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 6, 2013, 2:29:05 AM
That scepter makes me want to play a summoner again.

Having very few but ridiculously tanky zombies would be awesome.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Uvne wrote:

If it works like every other buff in the game, it should reset the duration, not stack.

This is correct - the duration is refreshed, not added onto.
"
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Uvne wrote:

This is correct, the duration is refreshed, not added onto.

Has this changed? I equipped two Death Rush rings shortly after Onslaught league started and was getting 4s Onslaught buffs on kill.

EDIT: Presumably this means that with the Kongor/Deathrush combo, you would need to kill with a crit to get a 4s Onslaught.
Last edited by Uvne on Sep 6, 2013, 2:33:08 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
but the dmg is not that big..

my poor's man maul does more and that is without flat phys mod

does the onslaught from ring and this weapon stack or replaces one another. if it stacks.. then yes, it is a clear winner then

It is RT without the RT drawback. You can still crit to activate Onslaught. This wep saves you a couple of points from going to RT. Your weapon could be better than this unique, but the new unique is more convenient than Mahori Erqi. I might end up replacing Mahori for this one.

maybe i wasnt clear. i was responding to a claim that this new maul is yet another bullshit unique. in my opinion it isnt - my cheap maul (3ex i think?) is better in some areas but lack the utility the new one provides - so in my opinion it is a perfectly designed unique with interesting cons/pros (and a nice name). finally theyve made it..
So even with the onslaught bonus, it only becomes a 450ish phy dps maul, with 1.5 aps. So to keep onslaught up, you need 50% crit chance with 2 aps etc, which isnt THAT easy for such a low base crit item, but get no bonus from critting.

IMO you would be better off with basically any other 2h weapon with 450 dps (you can get one for 1 ex) and either taking RT, or not taking it and having 50% crit chance, 85% chance to hit, and actually getting bonus crit damage.

I just dont see that weapon being good at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info