Unique Item List - 300 of 419

There is no fifth unique or fourth recipe. More fishing/white socket trolling.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
"
DaveSW wrote:
There is no fifth unique or fourth recipe. More fishing/white socket trolling.

So far they never lied to us about the unique or recipe count.
It would be quite annoying if they started to break this tradition.

All the "trolling" was always seperately announced (in patch notes etc), like the Secret Rhoa Event, the "special item" (I assume the fake fishing rod is meant here) etc.

I believe the "Unique Rustic Sash Theory" is so far the best bet and it will probably be a vendor recipe, doubt it's a drop or it would have been found by now.

It would also make sense with the remark that users would figure out its base item within the first couple hours of patch release which is what happened with the new recipes found that add %phys damage to weapons.

I assume the unique sash (once discovered) will add a %phys tier, not tier 1-2 though.
IGN: Rakkarnoth
Last edited by Gargravarr on Dec 24, 2013, 3:56:55 AM
"
entropus wrote:
If rares are BiS you end up with a group of 'BiS-grade' rare wands hitting 20-50-100 Exa prices, each with 6 same affixes but just different rolls to those affixes. Each of the rare wands would be suitable for a couple of cookie-cutter builds, but won't make a new build viable.

If build-enabling uniques are BiS, you end up with 10 completely different wands enabling for 10 new builds or at least a different way to play some builds.

This, totally agree. Most of you are acting like everybody having 90life, 3 40+ all res and MS boots is so much fun. I think Darkray and Blood dance are much more fun. And I would be really happy if I had 5 more build changing boots, and not another shitty leveling +15int, +5ms, +5% max mana.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Maybe that veil of the night is included in a recipe for the last unique somehow? doesnt seem to serve much purpose outside of that
Wow, at last they added melee crit dagger... SWEET!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 24, 2013, 4:13:01 AM
I still want a decent one handed mace. Not for casters, like all the other maces.
"
codraziel wrote:
Maybe that veil of the night is included in a recipe for the last unique somehow? doesnt seem to serve much purpose outside of that

Well yeah, tbh, reasonable idea.

"
raics wrote:
Agreed, it would be nice. As long as they don't overshadow godly rares - I'm game.

The trouble is, you need really careful balancing and have serious drawbacks to pay for messing with game's basic mechanics that unique mods often do. We all remember legacy Shav, after all, it did have a lower ES than a good rare but it just wasn't low enough, for the advantage it offers, having no ES at all wouldn't be too big of a price.

Anyway, after some of the recent failures I understand they want to be 1000% sure they aren't making another legacy kaom, soul or shav. Levelling uniques just aren't as potentially catastrophic to the game as potential endgame items, so we can probably expect 4 or 5 lowbies for 1 high-tier item or even less.

Why a unique item cant have better stats than a top-tier rare item? If something is an artifact crafted by Wraeclast gods/used by the ancient heroes of Wraeclast, isn't it supposed to be powerful?

You should also remember in a given moment of time there will be only a handful of godly, 99% godly or mirrored godly rares in game. It is not easy to craft or find one.
There will be same amount of godly uniques in a given moment of time.

Once again, the situation is the same.
The supply of godly rares would be the same as the supply of godly uniques in a given moment of time.
Creating a BiS rare is the same as creating a BiS unique in terms of deffering players for looking for a new item.

Why do you want serious drawbacks? No, really. Why? Is it so interesting and oh so fun to wield an axe that has 18% chance to cut off your legs? Sorry, but 'in real world' of fantasy fiction even the stupidest dwarf was able to distinguish between a powerful rune axe and a cursed powreful rune axe.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Dec 24, 2013, 5:03:22 AM
"
entropus wrote:

You should also remember in a given moment of time there will be only a handful of godly, 99% godly or mirrored godly rares in game. It is not easy to craft or find one.
There will be same amount of godly uniques in a given moment of time.

Once again, the situation is the same.
The supply of godly rares would be the same as the supply of godly uniques in a given moment of time.
Creating a BiS rare is the same as creating a BiS unique in terms of deffering players for looking for a new item.

Why do you want serious drawbacks? No, really. Why? Is it so interesting and oh so fun to wield an axe that has 18% chance to cut off your legs? Sorry, but 'in real world' of fantasy fiction even the stupidest dwarf was able to distinguish between a powerful rune axe and a cursed powreful rune axe.

Well there's the main difficulty, if they make uniques as good as godly rares they will have to drop just as rarely, which is significantly less than now. And if they are also to enable interesting builds then the only way to play that interesting build would be to pay 80+ exalt or challenge the non-existent chance to drop it.

And I'm afraid logic about godly artifacts simply has no place here, I highly doubt Maligaro made thousands of his gloves to hand around. If uniques were truly unique we would have only one per league... that actually might be kinda interesting :)

I don't want drawbacks for the sake of them and not all uniques should have them, pretty much just those that offer significant unique advantages. So, if I use an axe that has a certain chance to cut my foot every time I swing, then I bloody well expect it also to have a chance to lop someone's head off in one hit and fashion me a balloon poodle out of his intestines to boot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
making top tier uniques > godly rares = cookie cutter builds.

It would also completely throw out the crafting system entirely, which atm is really just reserved for end game top level rares. What would be the point in using 100's of exalts to craft a perfect rare, if you could just a get a unique to drop which was better?

It'd ruin the economy doing stuff like that.
"
Asmosis wrote:
It'd ruin the economy doing stuff like that.

Anything what help rid off economy is good for game, this is the most retarded addition GGG put into, except this, quite nice, aRPG.

And Entropus is rather not referring to creation of BiS, better that more than godly rares uniques, but rather to lack of interesting end-game uniques for casters.

An IMO this is not true, having godly rares is good for build diversity. Virtually, all godly rares are the same and are for similar, cookie cutter builds. It's much worse that having godly uniques with unique properties.

And as there is mirror, the most retarded orb ever envisioned for aRPG, those cookie cutter builds godly enablers are copied into even more cookie cutter builds enablers.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Dec 24, 2013, 7:23:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info