[0.11.2] Lightning Arrow Duelist - 1.0.0 updated!

"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Hypnoticc wrote:
I get more dps with hatred than anger. I don't have wrath so i don't know, No im using a rare citadel bow.
That's odd. Is your bow high physical DMG? On an elemental hybrid bow, anger should be more DPS.

Yeah it was a high phys bow lioneyes status. With that said I ripped at 71 almost 72, in Caverns Level 2 to desync.. wasn't builds fault pure desync. With that being said I'm going a melee build because I want higher single target dps, i guess all bow builds generally have lower single target dps than melee builds.
"
Hypnoticc wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Hypnoticc wrote:
I get more dps with hatred than anger. I don't have wrath so i don't know, No im using a rare citadel bow.
That's odd. Is your bow high physical DMG? On an elemental hybrid bow, anger should be more DPS.

Yeah it was a high phys bow lioneyes status. With that said I ripped at 71 almost 72, in Caverns Level 2 to desync.. wasn't builds fault pure desync. With that being said I'm going a melee build because I want higher single target dps, i guess all bow builds generally have lower single target dps than melee builds.

Until you get a thunderfists, this will be the case :(
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
What is your opinion on Arcingblows keyston? with the 50% of physical to lightning on LA isnt the 30% increase lightning dmg a huge buffer?
Hi, this build requires quite some top notch items that I actually don't have and actually would expect to get with only a lot of luck..
I was then wondering about this build/thread where you don't need crazy items.

How viable do you feel this is compared to yours?

Thanks
"
Jotabe wrote:
Hi, this build requires quite some top notch items that I actually don't have and actually would expect to get with only a lot of luck..
I was then wondering about this build/thread where you don't need crazy items.

How viable do you feel this is compared to yours?

Thanks

I do need to change the OP. A lot of the items that I said were "Required" are not really anymore - mainly Kaom's Heart. This is due to the increased amount and the increased percent of each health node on the tree - toppled with additional life per level, life builds are back on top :) It is no longer "required" to have a Kaom's Heart, to do end game maps... it just just recommended :)

You can do just fine with either a tri elemental/high physical damage bow, and 80+ life dual/tri resists chest. The only item I would say is really required is Thunderfists - this is mainly due to our lack of single-target dps (While wearing a Kaom's) if you are not using a Kaom's, then you will have an extra 6L to use for single-target so even that is not an issue.

Hope that clears things up.

edit: I did change my gear section, you probably just didn't bother to read it :P

"
Stewbew wrote:
What is your opinion on Arcingblows keyston? with the 50% of physical to lightning on LA isnt the 30% increase lightning dmg a huge buffer?

Arcingblows is a good one to hit, only if you're going the crit build and if you can get access to it without wasting so many points. the most popular build is the life build, which doesn't go to shadow and thus does not actually get in range to get Arcingblows.
Last edited by Edzilla on Nov 6, 2013, 2:18:40 PM
Thanks very clear answers :)

And more questions!
Do you agree with its gearing statement which is:
- life on every piece of gear
- enough resists to maintain 77% all resist
- For endgame, your weapon should have a total of at least 40 min and 150 max elemental damage and an attack speed of 1.50 or higher
- get WED on quiver and belt, with flat elemental damage (or WED, or both) on rings and amulet - Look for gloves with 10% attack speed or higher, and preferably some flat elemental damage

Agree?
Anything else to add?

Also one last thing. I've read we should aim for a chest with pure evasion or pure armor.
Why is that?
Our evasion transforms into armor anyway so why a chest with both evasion and armor would not be a good choice?

Thanks
anyone care to tell me how much life/armor/dps/life on hit and or life leech is about right to safely get through normal difficulty without dying using this build?
the path of least resistance makes crooked both rivers and men -
"
Jotabe wrote:
Thanks very clear answers :)

And more questions!
Do you agree with its gearing statement which is:
- life on every piece of gear
- enough resists to maintain 77% all resist
- For endgame, your weapon should have a total of at least 40 min and 150 max elemental damage and an attack speed of 1.50 or higher
- get WED on quiver and belt, with flat elemental damage (or WED, or both) on rings and amulet - Look for gloves with 10% attack speed or higher, and preferably some flat elemental damage

Agree?
Anything else to add?

Also one last thing. I've read we should aim for a chest with pure evasion or pure armor.
Why is that?
Our evasion transforms into armor anyway so why a chest with both evasion and armor would not be a good choice?

Thanks

- Yes
- Yes
- the damage types do not matter - just as long as it's has a boatload of physical or a boatload of lightning. You can have a tri-elemental bow and do good dps. Best bows though are ones that are high in physical damage, since it scales good with LA.
- I like to prioritize life and resists on a quiver. If you get to the point where you have enough currency and are set in every other slot to work on your quiver - go Life>Resists(unless capped)>WED>IAS.

As far as I know, since the change to dex not applying to your armor with IR, evasion / armor gear will give you the same benefit. It's really just there so you have more options for gear, and incase you want to run grace later on for a huge chunk of mitigation.

"
likethegun wrote:
anyone care to tell me how much life/armor/dps/life on hit and or life leech is about right to safely get through normal difficulty without dying using this build?

If you're in normal - unless you have a 4/5 link and a good chunk of mana regen items you, shouldn't be using LA. Use a melee build, split arrow, or rain of arrows.

But for the "right amount," there really isn't any - best advice I can give you is to equip every piece of gear you find that has life and/or resists on it. In normal and cruel, prioritize life over resists. Try to save your money up to buy a Goldrim cap when you get into merciless or find yourself struggling in cruel.

Hope that helps :)
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info