If you are new to this game do yourself a favor

"
guttershank wrote:
I just get tired of coming here, during work, and reading all the negative posts

[moved to Off Topic]
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
guttershank wrote:
I just get tired of coming here, during work, and reading all the negative posts

[moved to Off Topic]

I don't understand the reasoning behind this.
If this post is moved to Off-Topic shouldn't this thread also be moved?

Basically OP is reflecting his experience with the PoE community in here.
He does so in a not so reasonable manner but is Off-Topic really just a trash can?

Why was this thread moved?
OP wanted to make a statement, that's all as far as I can see, it doesn't look like he's wanting to discuss anything...

I was thinking about simply locking the thread, since OP says he doesn't like negative posts, yet decided to make one.

The thread you've suggested to be moved, the OP there is open to a discussion about it which fits with the description of the section he's chosen to post in.

Then again I may have been mistaken with OP's intentions, and if he chooses to elaborate them I'll consider moving the thread back to General.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
Why was this thread moved?
OP wanted to make a statement, that's all as far as I can see, it doesn't look like he's wanting to discuss anything...

I was thinking about simply locking the thread, since OP says he doesn't like negative posts, yet decided to make one.

The thread you've suggested to be moved, the OP there is open to a discussion about it which fits with the description of the section he's chosen to post in.

Then again I may have been mistaken with OP's intentions, and if he chooses to elaborate them I'll consider moving the thread back to General.

Thanks for the elaboration.
I can understand your standpoint now.

Many threads or comments in General Discussion have more the nature of a statement.
Advising people to make a constructive thread with locking the old one would be a more systematic approach and is not uncommon, I believe. I just got a bit bitty because I fear Off Topic may evolve into a worst choice forum section. Sorry about that.

Firstly, no need to apologize amigo, your question/post was perfectly reasonable, and it is something I personally encourage; I made a judgement call on moving the thread and I may have been wrong in doing so, questioning my actions is completely fine in my opinion.

You're right in that locking a thread would normally be the usual course of action.
Though we try not to lock threads unless we see them headed down the wrong path.

With threads that are questionable, moving them to a more appropriate section of the forum is usually for the best; in the event of an incorrect moderation choice being made, things can easily be reverted back to how they were, as feedback can be posted in the thread itself and others(both players and mods/support) can see what happened and why etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info