Why is the community here so awesome?

Seriously. I've made several different kinds of posts here (complaints, requests for assistance, comedic), and not a single troll has entered, and everyone has been really helpful.

Is it because most of the players are older? Is it because I have a supporter tag so people decide not to treat me like the newb that I am?

Why is the atmosphere here so much different from other forums? (D3's comes to mind, but the reasons for the toxic atmosphere there are obvious.) The atmosphere here is better than that of MANY other game-related forums.

Or have I just been lucky? ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Seriously. I've made several different kinds of posts here (complaints, requests for assistance, comedic), and not a single troll has entered, and everyone has been really helpful.

Is it because most of the players are older? Is it because I have a supporter tag so people decide not to treat me like the newb that I am?

Why is the atmosphere here so much different from other forums? (D3's comes to mind, but the reasons for the toxic atmosphere there are obvious.) The atmosphere here is better than that of MANY other game-related forums.

Or have I just been lucky? ;)

Links or didn´t happen. ;)
All games have trolls but yeah, PoE has one of the best communities imo :) ... for now
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
The forum has a pretty strong executed posting policy concerning antagonizing/trolling other users. This is something, I believe, keeps the community here from derailing into a shitstorm limbo.

If your posts are constructive and well-formulated formulated in general,
the responses you get are more likely to be in the same manner.
There is of course the usual bunch of trolls, they get moderated quickly however.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay and don't read too much in General Discussions.
It is the first place rage-induced people happen to get to so the discussions here
tend to get more impulsive than constructive compared to the other forum sections.

"
Tarantel wrote:
Links or didn´t happen. ;)

Take a look at his posting history.
I can understand why he has a mainly positive picture.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 21, 2013, 11:35:26 AM
A few things

#1 reason is that alot of algoQQwhinebots have left. They're playing Kingsroad. :)

Also,
Finally GGG got real support (instead of volunteer mods in the forums). There were alot of QQ about how supposed 'elite attitude' these mods had. But I felt they did they best despite being provoked over and over. Now if you get a forum probation or are silenced in ingame chat, you can't QQaccuse the mods of being allegedly 'spiteful'.

Also us CBers feel the remaining OBers have integrated themselves well.

Overall the community is maturing slowly. Happens with every forum. See Dingeon Defenders. It was a cesspool on release also. But their moderation became very very strict.

Can't wait for full release though. Things will fall apart again I'm very sure. Enjoy the next 2 months! :(
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
the average age of poe players is quite high

so the community is more mature than other games like lol or d3 for example
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
I find the same thing. I mean thares the odd thread covered in doggy doo doo but TBH they are the minority by far.

The thing that gets me the most happy is meeting people in game , with partys / trades . 95 % of the time i get along with them very well and ususaly end up on the friends list .

Evern in o shit senarios people seem to be very cool.

Last night in my FFA luna run room we had a good group of 6 guys , we kill pieity and BOOM loot explosion a rainbow stride and a exsulted droped , the same guy managed to get both. we all said good for u man congratulations and wher all happy and off we went on the next run. No hurt fellings no crying over y i would make my games FFA just "that's the way it is " " lets keep on rolling "
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
this is normal community
i'm a troll :)

but! i'm your friendly, neighbourhood-type o' troll; not your malicious, appearing-from-under-a-bridge troll that comes out just to p!ss on everyone. (but i do rip slightly on people who QQ about desync, RNG, nerfs or gear being ninja'd by others in a party...)
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
"
ventiman wrote:
the average age of poe players is quite high

more like, the average poe player is quite high.

:)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info