Critical Strike Cap?

No maximum life? Im assuming not. Wouldnt hit it with my ranger anyways just pure curiousness.
Last edited by unfed on Jan 24, 2013, 6:55:55 PM
"
The chance to deal a critical strike is taken from the weapon used to perform an attack or attack skill, and in the case of spells, each spell has it's own critical strike chance, which is listed in the skill gem's description.
This value can be increased by increased critical strike chance modifiers from spells and gear. For example, if you are using a weapon with 5% chance to crit, and you have 50% increased critical strike chance, you will have a 7.5% chance to score a critical strike.

Critical chance can not be less than 5% nor more than 95%.

...For instance the critical strike chance on a wand does not affect your chance to critical with a spell.

So I was doing some calculations, and there's no way ever to reach 95% even if you grab every single non weapon / spell specific Critical Strike Chance.

all passive combine maxes out at 465% which is actually 4.65% + 5% base = you only get 9.65% total from passives.

now if you add other amounts from weapons, then it might go a little higher, but i can't ever see it ever reaching 95% on actual stats in the character screen.

This is after the game has gone live, with the updated numbers in passive skills.
You calculations are incorrect. The increases are 465% * base crit chance. E.g. 10% base chance * (950%) -> 95% crit chance.

Also, one can max out to 95%, but items are required. Here are some of the other missing bits:
- Base weapon ~10.4% (8% weapon with 30% increased critical chance).
- Power charges x 8 (400%)
- flat increase from critical weakness
Last edited by zharmad on Nov 5, 2013, 5:27:33 PM
I have 95% crit chance on my flicker striker with 4 power charges, and a multiplier right now of around 1200%
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Guys the OP was talking about critical strike damage. Critical strike chance is capped at 95%, there is no cap on critical strike damage- barring what is physically possible to get on gear and from passives.

Also beware with crit builds. They are fun sure but their major weakness is reflect monsters :)
Critdamage cap is when you instantly drop dead from reflect. Although I'm a huge fan of crit builds I never understood the multiplicative nature (and thus ridiculous scaling) of the multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info