So the most anticipated fighting game in history is an Xbox One exclusive?

I prefer Dead or Alive 5, it's just easier for beginners, and so much more actionpacked. Perfect for mindless fun :P
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
luj1 wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
There are plenty of better fightan' games to play...
Like?
Just talking about upcoming fighters I see Smash Bros. #4 and Guilty Gear Xrd.
In general, SSF*, SSB*, GG*, MK*, and Injustice.
No, Guilty Gear Xrd is multi plataforms
Last edited by Sammael on Jul 19, 2013, 9:12:08 PM
The amount of added depth by the combination of the lockout and "Combo Breaker life gain" mechanics is actually phenomenal; it sets up a risk-reward system of either going for a quick combo finish to get that white life bar, or going big and risking a Combo Breaker in return.

That said, I hope that with all that added depth they've made the core execution of combos easier. Starting a combo seems to be just the beginning in Killer Instinct 3, with a ton of interaction options mid-combo... so there's no justification to make simple combos difficult to execute anymore, assuming they don't have the extra bells and whistles of lockout.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The amount of added depth by the combination of the lockout and "Combo Breaker life gain" mechanics is actually phenomenal; it sets up a risk-reward system of either going for a quick combo finish to get that white life bar, or going big and risking a Combo Breaker in return.

That said, I hope that with all that added depth they've made the core execution of combos easier. Starting a combo seems to be just the beginning in Killer Instinct 3, with a ton of interaction options mid-combo... so there's no justification to make simple combos difficult to execute anymore, assuming they don't have the extra bells and whistles of lockout.

Yup this is how you do a sequel ie. you expand gameplay. I can't wait to see more character design. nearly 20 years have passed from KI1 :D Cinder is confirmed but I want Spinal ! (unlikely :P)
"
Asphael wrote:
I never really was into fighting games but I always thought Street Fighter was kind of the biggest?

It is. Many people never heard of KI but it was blasting in the day. One of my favorites are also SNK games.
Most anticipated fighting game in history seems like a stretch to me. I'll stick with Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Sammael wrote:
No, Guilty Gear Xrd is multi plataforms

Pumping out sequels doesn't produce anticipation, it actually suppresses it. Having a devoted fan base for 20 years without a hint of a game does.
"
Most anticipated fighting game in history seems like a stretch to me. I'll stick with Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike.

SSF was nice :) Tho I could never stomach Hakan
Eh, there isn't really much wrong with the xbox now. Pick it up if you want to play the game.

The only real issues to consider from my point of view is the steeper cost and the somewhat always on camera (which is a little creepy).

Other than that its a solid system unless your the kind of person who just wants to continue hating on them because they talked about doing some stupid stuff for like a few weeks and then retracted. Sony aint angels either people.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info