0.11.2d Patch Notes

I foresee an issue when it comes to this type of patching.

If the client you are running cannot get a new unique item because of a new patch, but they can drop server side, will this not cause a whole new type of desync as to the server a new unique item dropper for you where as to your client, as it does not have the patch containing such an item, the item never did drop. Would this not cause crashes?
IGN: BooshArc_
Last edited by IAmBoosh on Jul 18, 2013, 3:33:18 PM
"
I foresee an issue when it comes to this type of patching.

If the client you are running cannot get a new unique item because of a new patch, but they can drop server side, will this not cause a whole new type of desync as to the server a new unique item dropper for you where as to your client, as it does not have the patch containing such an item, the item never did drop. Would this not cause crashes?

You are missing the point. The new tech avoid bringing down the server for CLIENT ONLY patch. The deployment of new content obviously requires an update on both server and client, so your scenario will never happen.
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
"
diebymee wrote:
HELLO, another update for twitch but nothing yet regarding desyncs?

Planning on doing something soon? Or hoping that new players thanks to twitch will be more than people quitting because of desync?

Adding a feature to stream the game is totally different from fixing desync. If you want info on desync read the manifesto. It isn't going to be "fixed" - if by fixed you meant totally gone - ever.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Guys please fix this f@cking problem.......

Every time i try to login the game (always from my pc and not another) locks my account and it says that i am trying to login from another region....But i dont....Only thing i am doing is to put my password and oh-la-la EVERY time locks and asks for unlock code.....

Its really pissing me off guys....Waiting for a fix for this....
"
billkojo wrote:

Its really pissing me off guys....Waiting for a fix for this....

This is working as it's supposed to - unless you pay your ISP for a fixed IP address it will keep happening. I agree that it's annoying though and wish that there was a way to opt out of the security system.
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)
Hi all,

don't know you guys but for me it seems that as we go on with patches desync gets worse and worse.
I'm not saying that patches themselves introduce desync problems, all I can see is that as we go on with the development desync seems to be worse.
When I started to play in closed beta it wasn't like this, even while playing in a party.
The last 10 deaths in I had were all due to desync, suddenly I found myself dead while I was distant from monsters.
And it's sistematic, any time I approach a pack of monsters I have to be careful, otherwise: X_X
and it's not about being surrounded XD

Really, the feeling "am I still having fun?" it's slowly starting to creep into, and I am a supporter...

I don't want to build my character aroud desync!

LT
yesterday was fine.. today when I try to launch the client.exe I get an error message box giving the text "error opening file"
uninstalled program and re-installed.. problem fixed
Am I the only one a tad distraught about the Ranger Rework... I built a Critical Strike archer, which was already hard to do, and now they just made it harder to do.. Even with 68 points to respec, I feel like there's no possible way I can even be at what I was. My Archer now seems kinda useless.. -.- (.)
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
What do you guys expect from a B-Grade game?

I found a permanent fix for the de-sync issue this noob game has.

Stop playing it & play a real game instead.

Problem solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info