what game you came from

Long story. I was into 3D graphics design using 3DS Max. In a newsgroup I discovered Guild Wars. Started playing that, up to three accts, and 30 maxed toons later. Someone pointed me to this game called World of Warcraft. Played since vanilla, and still have an active acct. I got D3 by committing to a year of subscription with WoW. Needless to say my computer couldn't handle D3. So I completely lost out on beta there. By the time I could afford the upgrade to play D3 patch 1.0.3 came out. I play it still just not as much, and by now WoW MoP was closing in for release, started browsing Youtube and Kripparrian had videos so watched, he then started playing this game and I said to myself "Now there's a game i can get into!" So i came here, browsed the forums, FAQs, and look at more vids by other people and said "I'm going to play this!" So I purchased the 15 and haven't regreted it since, I only pray they stay for ever.
I haven't really come from a game persay. I held off of buying D3 because as a college student, I really didn't want to go about wasting $$$ on something not remotely like D1+2. I'd just seen a bunch of vids and stuff and PoE looks AMAZING.
WELSH PIXIE! It got me very excited
Last edited by Wolfnrun on Apr 21, 2018, 5:57:31 PM
I usually play top down perspective games because first person and free camera games make me physically sick. I got really mad after I spent 60 hours on TL2 searching for a red Legendary item only to find that everyone else was just cheating to get them. Someone suggested I try this instead. I've only been playing for PoE a couple of days, but seems great so far.
D3 (aka RMAH 2012), I heard about PoE on the forums of that bad sequel.
IGN: ZiggyStar
WoW...
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion, Through passion i gain strength,
Through strength i gain power,Through power i gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken... The Force shall free me."
I first saw/heard of it in the D3 forums, where'd I'd spend most of my time anyways... I disregarded the suggestions to try it out at first because I was trying to convince myself to stick with D3 (bad idea).

Finally was browsing Youtube and saw someone comment on how good of a game PoE is. Made an account (because it's FREE), watched hours of video on the game, then a day later purchased a supporter pack.

I haven't been able to bring myself to play a minute of D3 since I downloaded the game about two weeks ago.
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.
I came here from the GOG forums. A gent there talked about how much he liked PoE and originally was looking to get me a Beta key after I enquired about it. I guess life got in the way and a few weeks later [read: now] I saw another gent on GOG raving about the game so I took the plunge

Best decision ever
league of legends
diablo 2
frozen throne

I think i first head about it on PC gamer a few months before D3 came out. There was some guy calling this the "real" sequel to D2 so I was like "I'm sure this is just buthurt fanboy talk (a common sight in the PCG comments section) or just someone trolling so i thought I'll check it out expecting some cheaply made indie game not much better or even worse than D3. so I did and thought it looked cool but was still really hyped for D3 at the time so i kinda forgot about it for a while.

Shortly after that the first OB weekend happened and I was sold and bought a beta key as soon as it was made available. My initial plan was when i needed a break from D3 i would jump into this game(this was before all the last minute changes they made to the skill system) I played D3 and thought it was fun but it just didn't have the depth to keep me coming back after I had beaten inferno. It was like playing any other decent action game. a lot of fun the first time through but really no reason to back to it again. I don't hate D3 in fact its fair to say i liked the game but when the newest diablo game has the depth of a CoD game its kinda disappointing in the end. I wont say I came from D3 because I was playing both regardless but if it wasn't for the shallowness of D3 I'd probably still be playing that and would have forgotten about this game already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info