Pillar of the Caged God - Fire Trap Detonate Dead AOE (140%+) Build!!

I've posted this in another thread before, but I thought it'd be nice to share it here too!

So my friend and I made a Pillar of the Caged God build, possibly the only working one so far.

Pillar of the Caged God - Fire Trap Detonate Dead (Likely the only build to reach triple digit increased AOE passively!)

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHYwx9EHsQfxFQEmkVuBXXFxwZhRpsHNwdFB8CKPopTyo4KrorCiycLL8tHy1HNsU22DrYO-E8BT1fQYdDY0bXRwZJG0yzTdhQQlJTVmNXK1j1XcZfamaebRlxTXF5erh65n1Tfll_xoFvgpuCx4auh2WIG4uMjDaMdo9Gj_qVIJYyl5WX9JrPnC2drp3Enjyf36KjpLGnCKcrrpOvt7TFtQS3MbiTu9a-OsEAwcXB88Lsw23Gnshb1HzXhtgk2t3bGtvn4XPi9-Qi5Y7mgedq6-7sGOw47FXtIO9874XxbPVL-tI=

Why Fire Trap - Detonate Dead? It is one of the least gear dependent builds in POE, leaving me room to mess around. It's damage type is also purely AOE, which allows me to stack Increased AOE passives and items! Fire Trap is an extremely strong source of burst damage, and Detonate Dead does 18% of the corpse's life as fire damage, which is strong AOE damage, and can be boosted easily without the need of items.

I got all the Area of Effect Radius nodes in the skill tree. Additionally, I picked up a Carcass Jack to increase the AOE radius even more.

My items are listed below:

Because Pillar of the Caged God has the effect "+1% increased AOE per 20 Intelligence", I decided to stack INT. To do this effectively, I used two Perandus Signet ring, which along with a total of 5 unique items equipped (2x Perandus Signet, Rainbowstride, Carcass Jack, Pillar of the Caged God), it gives a total of +30% INT.

Also, I found very nice +INT ES Gloves, Helm, and Amulet to help me with this build. If I was in Standard, I will be using an Astramentis

for the +100 INT, and to boost INT gain from Perandus Signet to +36%.

The passive tree shows a total of 470 INT at the end game, without items. Currently, my character is level 65 (Witch) and has 616 INT with all the above items equipped. AOE Radius is at 112% passively.

Currently my links are (the important ones):

5L Carcass Jack: Detonate Dead - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - Life Leech - Increased AOE (Currently level 15, which is 28% increased, bringing the total Increased AOE to 112+28 = 140% Increased AOE)

4L: Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Fire Trap - Concentrated Effect (Mana regen for the fire trap will be covered by Clarity and the mana regen from the Perandus Signets)

4L: Clarity - Purity - Discipline - Reduced Mana

4L: Flammability - Increased AOE (Total of 140% increased AOE currently)

Since this character is only level 65, the increased AOE can be further increased from 140% to even higher!

Leveling this build was not easy at all. Starting from Witch, I leveled as a Freezing Pulse - LMP character, which did little damage and was extremely boring! Only barely managed to pull through to the end! Preferably you would want someone to plvl you!

Edit:
Recently I just found out that Elemental Proliferation radius is also affected by the AOE radius! However, the skill animations do not appear bigger (Detonate Dead and Proliferation don't look any different, but they can hit the entire screen!)
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Sep 5, 2013, 1:21:04 AM
What level did you switch to Detonate Dead? And much currency did you have to dump into this build i.e. is it super expensive?
Uhh not sure about level, around 60?

And just remember, this build isn't about damage and effectiveness, just pure lols! My flammability curse AOE fills the screen LOL.

I actually 6 soc and 5Led my carcass jack, so the character costed less than 4 exalts. With carcass jack maybe around 5?
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
This looks lovely! Thanks for sharing. I want to make this build now.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Try it out! If you feel like your damage is lacking (which it shouldn't be), then just use a Searing Touch instead :P But personally I like the AOE radius.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
Bump to get more attention :D
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
Cons of Detonate build

Partying with Cold users

Fire resist mobs
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Jul 19, 2013, 6:08:15 PM
Of course, but Flammability and Fire Penetration works well against fire resist mobs. Its usually the fire resist + life leech + hexproof that ruins you haha
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
20 quality on DD gives 60% cast speed which is amazing :P
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Jul 20, 2013, 1:18:07 AM
Ye, I need to buy one but the price is too high for me right now ):
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>

Report Forum Post

Report Account: