Banking Millions for PoE /GGG

The (main) point of these games is to find awesome drops right? I couldn't think of anything worse than finding a chest in-game that can only be opened if I spend some of my own money to purchase a key from the store to unlock it. By all means offer cosmetic things in the store that you can't find in-game, which GGG are obviously going to do, but don't connect the two in this way. It would almost completely kill my enjoyment of the game.
I hate to be another closed minded person and I'm sure over time there's a good chance I could warm up to the idea but I do think if I found a rare chest in the game that I had to pay money to open it would at least leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Actually, I don't like the chest idea. I don't like the uncertainty involved with real money that way...

Instead, I'd have special cosmetic drops that you cannot purchase from the store... if you find one in game, you can ID it with a special scroll.

This way, you can check the website for what it looks like on a character (this should be basic functionality of the website) and you can know ahead of time what you are purchasing.

The random drop aspect just makes these items more special.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I don't think GGG will need to add gambling. I'm already going to buy 100 stash tabs so I can store every item I'll ever want in one easy location. I'm sure many others will do the same.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
YOUREaHOOKER wrote:
I don't understand that attitude personally, sounds extremely closed-minded and stubborn.. Especially when the game is free to play... You could theoretically still trade items you find for one of those "exclusive" items.. In the case of Tf2, free 2 play, and the cash store have allowed the game to flourish! The Steam workshop is an amazing example of this. It helps create a lot more demand for new content and gives the development team the funds required to provide said additional content, all the while allowing talented individuals to submit their work for peer review, and potentially financial compensation.
All content added to a free-2-play game should be a reason for thanks in my view.
Hell, the game itself is more than enough reason for thanks.
It frustrated me when the crates and keys were first introduced as well, having paid full price for Tf2 long before... until I really thought about the big picture... Longevity for the game, and an influx of fresh content for us users!
I simply can't understand how someone could be spiteful that others would spend money to gamble for a rare item in game, and that the spite could lead them to quit (especially a bronze supporter, talk about crayyy). To me, if you enjoy the game, you should agree that GGG deserves to do extremely well financially, and you should be brainstorming ways to make this idea more palatable to yourself and others who share your views.
For the sake of GGG's bank, good sir.

-Hurley

It's called putting your money where your mouth is. I am firmly against such business tactics in my games and I act accordingly.

Similarly, I will not buy ANY Blizzard products now and they used to be day-1/pre-order purchases for me. WoW is going in a direction I do not like, I did not care for Starcraft 2(glad I played it through a demo instead of buying it straight out), and Diablo 3 was easily the biggest gaming disappoint for me in the past decade(SO glad I didn't buy it). Likewise, the last game I bought from Activision was Call of Duty 4. The disappointingly short single player campaign led me to never buy another of their products and I never will. Another example would be companies that release games on Steam, which is a form of DRM, with additional DRM like Securom. Sure, the DRM might not cause me any harm, but it's the principle of it. They're punishing their legitimate users while those who obtain the games through illegitimate means don't have to deal with it. I can't stand for that and I won't. Any company whose business/design practices I disagree with will get NOTHING from me.

On the other hand, I will GLADLY support a company when I agree with their methods, as evidenced by my bronze status. I have also recently supported Crate, inXile, and Fatshark. When a company does/creates something I like, I'll often buy multiple copies of their games for my friends. When 38 studios/Big Huge Games went under and Epic picked up some of the devs for a new project, I bought all the Unreal Tournament games again(digital distribution this time :P). THAT is the kind of business I like to see and support.

The bottom line: If I like the product/company, I buy their products and support the devs. If I do not, I speak through not buying their products. It's just that simple.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 18, 2012, 1:02:35 AM
your username + TL = DR
IGN: redeux
Yeah I agree that I wouldn't like to see a chest or something in game that could only be used with a micro-transaction. It would kill some immersion. But perhaps they could take the new idea that valve introduced with the MvM update and apply it to end game dungeons. You could by an item and keep it in your inventory, when you complete said Dungeon/Event and get the end chest you have a chance at some non P2W item. Be it what it will pet/cosmetics/crates to be opened or whatever.
HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS ^^. TF2 is not pay2win, the item shop is all optional to get. and am not saying this for nothing but I play TF2 and I can own a paying player easily. and the boxes will give you different versions of the normal weapons and doesn't make you over the top of none paying players.
HEY!!! GOT MILK!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info