(Aug 19 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

"
velrac wrote:
Personally I would love to see both a party enabled and party disabled race run simultaneously for a couple of reasons.

1. it would give GGG a small sample size of what their player base actually prefers.

2. it would also be interesting to see the class breakdown in each style race since we all agree that several of the classes are much weaker at soloing then others. Would the solo race just be all marauders and rangers? would we only see just witches and templars in the party race?

I would also like to see a party enabled race, but with the bonus quality granted for each additional party member disabled. Because personally I feel the bonus quality is as huge of a advantage if not more so as party portal sharing.

Isn't it a quantity bonus, not quality?

Actually I don't really care. Even in a group-race Solo-players will reach high levels, meaning a lot of Orb-Rewards. So even soloers will complain that they can't participate in the group-event since they are simultanious.

And actually you cut all people out who like both. If the events are split you get a lot more data, since you know how much people play solo, how much people play in team, and how much people like both. Although most people don't think about them, there might be also a group of players that would just skip the solo-event.

Receiving data should not be an argument for either of the possibilities. Since the fact that good players will most likely use a class that they believe is good for the certain race, you will have a lot less of the underdogs and hence a smaller chance that one of them will make the race. Hence the data is flawed from the beginning, since people tend to use the "easier" (from which they believe they are) classes in a race. That's the reason why there where so many marauders. Actually this is funny, since a good player using a witch might easily get the class-first price (or maybe some used that strategy).

A thing that is really notable is the large gap between the first two places and the third. The first two were Groundslam-Marauders and I know the third marauder, with only about 70% of their EXP was a Cleave-DW Marauder. The only real data you could draw from this is, that the Groundslam-Marauder excels at surviving and farming, which makes him quite a strong choice for such a race. But after the top5 the amount of marauders gets smaller and in the Top20 there are only 3 more Marauders. Also the 3rd has only 66% of the XP of the 1st, while the 20th has 62% of the XP of the 4th. And since the Top20 is filled with a lot of different classes you could either say that these are people who play that class normally and are familiar with it, which is there advantage over people playing a marauder just for the race or at least that the other classes next to the marauder are more or less balanced since they perform equally.

But actually this is difficult to rate, since you don't know how good a player really is, and since you depend on the items you drop in 3h luck also is important for a short-term race.

So since data isn't all you get from races and is hard to interpret you should simply care more about fun. And although Solo-players might have a hard time competing with groups a race is still a lot of fun, while a seperat time will also allow team-addicts to watch streams of the soloers (and vice versa).
Since everyone else is throwing it in, I'll add my two cents as well.

I found the solo race rather boring. Probably just personal preference but I like grouping up and playing with my friends. 3 hours of grinding XP alone doesn't really do it for me. I was actually rather relieved that I died, since I was struggling to keep motivated to finish the race.

I probably won't be joining another solo race, but I am all for the separate races. I would be disappointed if the non-solo race was skipped in favor of a solo race.

Congrats to the winners, 31 is a very impressive level to hit in 3 hours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info