My highlights of today's one-hour cut-throat test

It was pretty fun. Altough I would like to have a little timer on the exits.. Just a turnoff when people flees in the WP og entrance. Just 5 seconds waiting time would do.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Great video, Chris. Thanks for posting.

Shame I missed it, must pay more attention to out-of-game announcements!
Chris is merciless.
Forum Sheriff
I wish they would be more than low lvl pvp.

Chris what you think about this:

First a 90-120min Ladder Race.
Than all Chars from this Race get transferred to a 60min Cutthroat event.

More interesting fights than, two Leagues in one League :)
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Aug 11, 2012, 7:58:37 AM
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

That could be a solution. Chris mentioned on Kripps stream, that they would try to make longer lasting cut throat leagues, but weren't sure about how it should work.

I guess losing ones items on death makes it hard to get to high lvl, should probably be other punishments / rewards.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ongZ wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

That could be a solution. Chris mentioned on Kripps stream, that they would try to make longer lasting cut throat leagues, but weren't sure about how it should work.

I guess losing ones items on death makes it hard to get to high lvl, should probably be other punishments / rewards.

I think now that we're in closed beta, GGG still has the option to just TRY one. A permanent Cut Throat League I mean.
We can theorize a lot about what could happen, but who knows until we finally just TRY. Isn't that what betas are for? We can't try to find ways to fix something, if we don't even know whether it's broken.
Last edited by golem09 on Aug 13, 2012, 5:28:39 AM
I successfully used the "lure into monster pack" strategy in fetid pool during the race. I had a ranger a level or two higher than my wee lil shadow (first time ever playing one) attack me so I ran through the area gathering up all the bone rhoas I could find until I got to where the Necromancer normally spwans.

I turned and fought. Unfortunately I lost, but then about 8 undead rhoa charges per second resulted in her dying shortly afterward as well :)
Next Up: HC Cutthroat :D
IGN: redeux
"
golem09 wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

I think now that we're in closed beta, GGG still has the option to just TRY one. A permanent Cut Throat League I mean.
We can theorize a lot about what could happen, but who knows until we finally just TRY. Isn't that what betas are for? We can't try to find ways to fix something, if we don't even know whether it's broken.

SIGNED

PERMA CUT THROAT

DO IT
It was fun watching the video and the commentary along with it.

However, for the sake of balancing/fairness, some abilities should not be available right at Level 1.

Or if abilities like Cold Pulse are available, make sure that potions which have the Dispels Frozen/Chilled affix are a guaranteed buy in the shopkeepers tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info