0.9.11h Patch Notes

I read that the patching plans were to be 3 week intervals of 3 major patches, but so far all I've been seeing is a bunch of little patches.

Are all these little patches delaying us from the major updates that would lead into open beta?

I have a few friends that would like to play, and it's almost as if the beta timer doesn't pick your name if you purchased a key prior.
The beta timer won't pick you if you're already a beta member. The beta timer doesn't give out beta keys, it just immediately activates that account.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
The beta timer won't pick you if you're already a beta member. The beta timer doesn't give out beta keys, it just immediately activates that account.

Well that answers that question, I was hoping it gave out beta keys so I could get some of my friends in that don't want/can't spend the 10 bucks to get in.

But what about the patches and possible further delaying of open beta, since that would probably be the best bet for others to get in anyway?

Are all these minor patches going to delay the major patch that was said to be released every 3 weeks?
Don't mean to complain, but why did Shift+click have to change to Ctrl+click? Then because you changed this, I assume having to Alt+click became necessary?

Now I'm going to be fucking up constantly until I get used to it, or you provide keybind options for these types of things. Main issue is that annoying little windows key next to Alt that I sometimes hit instead of Alt. Never have that problem with the Ctrl key.

Just seems like you guys took an extra step for the worst instead of just making Shift+click work for the stash as well as the vendor.
Last edited by Kirisute_Gomen on Aug 10, 2012, 7:50:19 PM
I pull my windows key out of my keyboards for that very reason.
"
NinjaIX wrote:
I read that the patching plans were to be 3 week intervals of 3 major patches, but so far all I've been seeing is a bunch of little patches.

Are all these little patches delaying us from the major updates that would lead into open beta?

We merge in little changes as they are ready, if they can be added without dependencies. Work on the big changes is still underway.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
NinjaIX wrote:

I have a few friends that would like to play, and it's almost as if the beta timer doesn't pick your name if you purchased a key prior.

In all seriousness, it has been this way for a very long time. Patch delays always happen because our devs are a bit too hardworking and end up cramming insane amounts of "minor" (though very significant) patches in between the major ones.

Take a look at the Beta Patch Notes subforum. You will see slews of subpatches going all the way back! Welcome to PoE. We're happy to have you, but please do not try to rush the devs! You will fail because they believe in making the game the best they can, no matter how long it takes.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Aug 10, 2012, 10:35:49 PM
"
NinjaIX wrote:
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

Well that answers that question, I was hoping it gave out beta keys so I could get some of my friends in that don't want/can't spend the 10 bucks to get in.

But what about the patches and possible further delaying of open beta, since that would probably be the best bet for others to get in anyway?

Are all these minor patches going to delay the major patch that was said to be released every 3 weeks?

POE developers are not your average D3 developers.

Developers here (you can check it yourself), go for quality patches and updates. So they can polish and fix bugs beter. We as players get good patches and quality updates (no rushing for next tip of money).

And yes, developers do know what they are doing and they are playing the game (it has been proven countless times).
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
NinjaIX wrote:

The beta timer activates accounts that were not within the beta before, but there is (was?) also a hidden timer that gives friendkeys to betamembers. Maybe its gone for the option to get keys from the early-access-support, havent seen a state from GGG since some time...?

Beta development: I'm sure that some amount of minor patches are included in the general calculation, but needed hotfixes or additional things to correct can always delay the schedule, also things (new features) they get working unexpected... all that happened with 0.9.11 which more than doubled the estimated time ^^ It's the great advantage of GGG, to be not fixed on a commercial schedule, bu able to work on the game's aspects until they are pleased with the behaviour.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
1 Playing a map.
2 Got some nice ring and I want to show it to my party.
3 Alt click the ring.
4 Enter to send the message.
5 Accidentally playing in windowed mode.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Aug 11, 2012, 12:10:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info