[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

No, no damage problems at all based on not having legacy fb
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Dominating Blow's biggest problem remains: Bloodlines Mobs (such as Corrupting Blood) who don't 'die' until after their time as your minion expires. So you're walking along and suddenly you've got 5 former Corrupting Blood minions perish and your health drops like a rock.

I still firmly feel Infernal Blow is quite good now. I get 90k DPS with my Standard setup, and the Melee Splash buff will likely push the build into triple digits. I'm not sure what it will look like without legacy gear, as I haven't checked those numbers for awhile. It isn't as fast of clear speed because it has to stop and attack, unlike Cyclone. But it works very well for me still.

Also, anyone else see those leech nodes in the SE of the Duelist area? For those of us with a mix of physical and elemental damage in our attacks, those look like a nice "bonus" if we have free points to spend.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Last edited by Eustacio on Dec 9, 2015, 3:42:56 PM
The leech nodes are cool but they require too many passives. In my experience the blood rage grants (much) more than enough leech even if you deal less than 50% physical damage with your attacks.

As for dom blow, of course its good, they all are good and they all are viable, at this point the question is which unarmed attack is the best and most people will have the same answer.

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2015, 3:47:18 PM
What do you guys think about this build I've come up with?

I use double legacy BoR and legacy facebreaker. You can check my character.

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAZEB5wSHBLMFLQVmBjkM9w3NFCAUTRXsGJEaOBo-GlUcziFgI9MnLykuKaUrUC3SL8wyTjboOtg9D0CgQzFGaUa3R35M_1BHUWBVqVcNXz9hIWLsZU1o8moBbydyqXTtdPF2rHk5eu98uHy7fNl-4oIHhNmE74cpivCPYI-ZkFWXtJpqns2fy6IApzCplayvrY2vbK-ntoq5HbyfvTa-p8BmwL_BgsT2xYrKkM9-0iHTb9ZY2WHaweCf5FHpRunV6hjvDvAf8i_yQfMG9zL7qvxL_lQ=
Spirit and Vitality void cluster is an absolute overkill, honestly the hybrid life/mana leech node is more than enough if you want to cast with mana ( though i really don't see a reason to cast with mana ) as for life leech .. well ... blood rage is all the life leeching that you need.
Other that that .. it looks ok ... not the tree that i would use but still it looks ok.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Spirit and Vitality void cluster is an absolute overkill, honestly the hybrid life/mana leech node is more than enough if you want to cast with mana ( though i really don't see a reason to cast with mana ) as for life leech .. well ... blood rage is all the life leeching that you need.
Other that that .. it looks ok ... not the tree that i would use but still it looks ok.

Do you mind sharing a tree you consider optimal?

I've got more elemental resists cause I am using BoR and facebreaker, and considering using the spell block amulet..

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAZEB3AHnBIcEswUtBjkM9w3NFCAUTRXsGJEaOBo-HM4hYCcvKS4ppStQLdIvzDGeMk41kjrYPQ9AoEa3R35N41BHUWBVqVcNWK9fP2LsZU1o8moBbztyqXTtdPF2rHfjeA15OXloeu98uHy7fNl99X7iggeE2YTvivCPmZBVl7SezZ_LogCmV6cwqW6playvrY2vbK-ntfK2irkdvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsC_wQTBgsT2xYrKkM9-0iHTb9i92WHaweRR6Ubp1eoY7w7wH_Iv8kHzBvcy-6r8S_5U_o8=
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Dec 10, 2015, 12:29:54 PM
Well that's ... hard to do ...
If i were you ( meaning that i use your gear, want to take the nodes that you take etc ) i'd say that this one is more optimal:

But to go even further ... there are many things that you want to take and items that you want to use that i don't consider optimal ... by reading my guide and looking at the "My facebreaker build" section you can easily see what i consider optimal ;) ( i.e. not using BoR, using cyclone, using lioneye's remorse, grabbing many different passives based on that etc. etc. etc. etc. )

But hey as i've always said ... it's all about the individual player and his/her playstyle. If what you are doing right now works well for you .. don't change it drastically based on what others are doing, try to ... evolve... your build based on your needs and style.

P.S. I still have to stay firm on my stance towards the new Spirit and Vitality Void cluster though.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 10, 2015, 12:37:35 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well that's ... hard to do ...
If i were you ( meaning that i use your gear, want to take the nodes that you take etc ) i'd say that this one is more optimal:

But to go even further ... there are many things that you want to take and items that you want to use that i don't consider optimal ... by reading my guide and looking at the "My facebreaker build" section you can easily see what i consider optimal ;) ( i.e. not using BoR, using cyclone, using lioneye's remorse, grabbing many different passives based on that etc. etc. etc. etc. )

But hey as i've always said ... it's all about the individual player and his/her playstyle. If what you are doing right now works well for you .. don't change it drastically based on what others are doing, try to ... evolve... your build based on your needs and style.

P.S. I still have to stay firm on my stance towards the new Spirit and Vitality Void cluster though.

The link isn't working, mate! But I do agree with everything you say. I'm playing trying to maximize shield charge haha yeah for sure Cyclone would be way better, but I think shield charge is fun :-) just wish it was on a better spot
Bah .. for some reason i can't get the link to work ... anyway .. all i did was to loose the mana/leech cluster ( though if you really want/need to cast with mana and need the leech just pick the first mana leech node and probably the hybrid node too ) and i've used the free passives to grab more life nodes and an extra jewel socket ( 2 points for a jewel socket is always worth it ... if you have a good enough jewel of course ) :)

I would also consider dropping HoA and going for determination thus being able to loose some armour nodes too.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 10, 2015, 12:47:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info