[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
It's all about the luck man ^^
Sometimes you link your gear with just 1 fusing .. and sometimes it takes 5000 fusings. Do you feel lucky? :)

No :(

"
As for your second question ... it is very difficult for me to say with 100% certainty at this point and i don't want to mislead anyone with my thoughts on the matter. But based on what we currently know and what i've tried in the beta and based on my knowledge regarding FB cyclone there are 3 options for the Awakening.

Thanks mate, as always you reply to all with kindness and above all, looking completely clearing up doubts. You should be a teacher in the real world!

I want to take this opportunity to to thank him because, through this his amazing guide, my duelist reached level 91 with very few deaths. Really very few compared to what I had using other characters or builds. Thank you again!
I'm not exactly gonna use Korgoth's build as I made my own marauder one, I'm also gonna be playing the Tempest league so I need as much defense as possible knowing how deadly it could become. If anyone is interested I can PM you with the build, don't want to make off topic discussions here since this is a duelist build and not totally HC.

As for the chest debate, I have come to the conclusion that the best one will simply be a rare high armor based one with lots of resist and life. I haven't played this build on live, only had experience in the beta (but I had probably the best gear there)so I don't really know how crazy the aoe can become currently on live but I used carcass+martial artistry jewel and when I equipped another chest I didn't really feel the difference in clear speed. Sure I could tell I wasn't hitting mobs as far as with carcass but I still liked it...a lot cause of more armor and life... So for me I'll definitely go for a rare chest. Also gonna probably go in a 6L with: cyclone + blood magic + fortify + faster attacks + melee phys dmg + added fire. I don't really feel the need to get more aoe than from the jewel and amplify. I tested it and with herald of ash instead of determination (for easier content, like farming cards, whatever not high lvl maps) I could reach 40k tooltip dps and I didn't have maxed gems etc. I think I pretty much got to the point with my build that it is complete now and can't wait for the new HC league.
@Crytyas
Thank you for the kind words, i really appreciate it! :)

@Buks
No matter the league i wouldn't recommend a rare chest as the best option. What it gives is potentially more armour and resists. But the thing is that at certain point you no longer need those resistances, sure it takes time to get the right gear but ultimately that's the case. And about the extra armour - of course it's nice but it's just not as good as either Belly of the Beast or Daresso's Defiance.

And again, just like you confirmed, Carcass jack is definitely not needed if you are not using concentrated effect :)

P.S. I must disagree with one thing tho ... this build is as much a marauder as it is a duelist build. There isn't a marauder thread about it because it would just be copy-pasting this one... and unlike others i don't see the need for that :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 1, 2015, 3:24:30 AM
So i was asked with all the new gems, and the rework of some of the old ones how will my own build change so i've decided to answer it here for anyone else who might be interested

Gloves ( RWGG )
Blood Magic + Flame Dash + Blood Rage + Phase Run

Blood Rage has been reworked, so were the frenzy charges and the life leech in general and after all that... now this buff is insanely good. I can even say that it is mandatory.
It looks like the Flame Dash will be the movement skill which Facebreaker builds needed so badly.
Phase Run - pretty good, movement speed buff + damage buff. Definitely a great asset!
Blood magic is needed so that i would be able to cast those buffs while reserving 100% of my mana.

Helmet ( RRRR )
Reckoning + Endurance Charge on Stun + Life Gained on Hit + Melee Physical Damage

Reckoning is great and i'll keep it in the expansion the exact way as it is now. Life Gained on Hit can be switched for something like Blind or Culling strike but i doubt that i'll do that.

Shield ( RRB )
Cast When Damage Taken + Temporal Chains + Tempest Shield

I'll have to change the colors of my current corrupted shield from RRG to RRB. Thank you Vorici!
Temporal Chains ... well it's a nice curse so i'll keep it as it is. Of course using Enfeeble instead is always a good option.
Tempest shield will be changed and will no longer resrve your mana but isntead will have a casting cost and it will have a duration, that will be refreshed when you block. The level of it doesn't increase the bonus block chance (which is what we actually want from it ) so it is perfect for level 1 CWDT, the duration being refreshed by blocking will allow it to be up most of the time. I do have one problem with it - and that's the visual effects of the skill. They are awful and just don't seem like they belong to Path of Exile with all their eye-hurting shininess ... to be honest i know that it sounds stupid but i might not use it just because of that.
Cast when damage taken won't cast many of the skills that it used to support like totems, cries etc. so there isn't that many skills that we can link to it... on top of that they must be good enough on low levels so that we can keep our CWDT on level 1 for more frequent activations. Basically it's just curses and tempest shield ... so i don't really see any other option.

Boots (RG + RR )
Hatred + Determination AND Blood Magic + Fire Golem
Hatred - huge damage boost
Determination - huge armour boost
Both auras will reserve 50% mana each, so no need for Enlightenment or any aura nodes. I'll most certainly drop Herald of Ash(read my huge post on the previous post explaining why )
Fire golem - some damage boost and i'll need Blood Magic to cast it with 100% reserved mana. Chaos golem is also very nice but it requires a lot of intelligence ... which i don't have.

Using a cry ( Abyssal or Rallying or Enduring ) instead of the golem is also an option .. but you know me .. i'm not into recasting that stuff everytime i encounter a pack. And recasting Phase run over and over again is more than enough for me ( even too much ).

Chest
Variant 1 ( GGRRRR )

Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Fortify + Blood Magic + Added Fire Damage
Variant 2 ( GGRRBB )
Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Blood Magic + Concentrated Effect + Increased Area of Effect

I've been talking about the Cyclone gem setup ... pretty much all the time in the past 10 thread pages ... so go ahead and read my thoughts there :)
I'll only point out that 4 gems are absolutely mandatory in my opinion - Cyclone, Blood Magic, Faster Attacks and Fortify.

And yeah .. it seems like i'll stick to Cyclone. Ice Crash is very nice but i still prefer Cyclone.

Now from what i know i can say that my build will change the following way:
Damagewise - the damage will go up to around 52k-55k if i stick to concentrated effect and that's without considering the Phase run damage buff. IF i decide to loose the Concentrated effect the damage will probably remain as it is now - around 45k.
When it comes to defenses - the defenses will be buffed by quite a bit, that's for sure! Fortify is just ... too good. On the other hand the monsters' damage has been buffed as well but in the worst case scenario it will be just as tanky as it is now tho i'm pretty sure that it will still be tankier even with the higher monster damage.
And of course because of the Phase Run and Flame Dash it will be so much easier to move around ... it almost brings tears to my eyes when i think of it!

So overall the build will be stronger than before and i don't know about you guys but i sure can't wait for the Awakening.

EDIT:
Oh yeah and that would be my tree:

1 point less because i'll respec my merciless bandit reward from "kill all" to "Kraytin" for that sweet extra frenzy charge ( which is 4% increased attack speed AND 4% more damage )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 1, 2015, 9:56:04 AM
thanks for the great update!
i rly cant wait for 2.0 :)

rip +4 range jewel, nerfed to death

now we got only 8% attack dmg +1 range and second jewel 14 increased aoe
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Actually the martial artistry can roll from 10% to 15% increased AoE
As for the Warlord's Reach that's actually awesome ... the previous +4 unarmed range was not nerfed it was removed for quite some time now. Adding a jewel that adds even +1 range and on top of that giving some attack damage .. well ... that's awesome !Honestly i didn't think that they'll add anything like this so this is a very nice surprise! Oh and on top of that it is a quest reward ... so you can get it right away! Absolutely awesome!

So yeah .. two great unique jewels ( especially for cyclone ) for the two jewel sockets that need only 1 passive each to get them. For another 2 passives we can get a third socket for a good rare jewel and if it's worth it ( tho i doubt that it will ) for 3 extra passives each we can get 1,2,3 and ever 4 extra sockets ( for a total of 7 ) But again .. i doubt that a rare jewel will be worth spending 3 passives. So my guess is that we'll end up with 3 jewel sockets. If you are not using cyclone Warlord's Reach won't be that good for you .. so instead a second rare jewel will be used in these cases.

P.S. Man ... i'm actually so happy that Warlord's Reach exists! ^^
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 2, 2015, 5:36:31 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
i'm actually so happy that Warlord's Reach exists! ^^

Same. Makes me happy :)

So many things to use, so few sockets! Phase Run/Flame Dash (is the latter solely an intelligence skill? I hope it doesn't have the high int cost of Lightning Warp), Blood Rage, Tempest Shield, Riposte + Reckoning (+ ECoMS unless you're using Daresso's or Enduring Cry *yuck*), auras, CwDT setup, golem...

Facebreaker trees and gear are pretty straight-forward, so I'll be glad to see more variety in skill setups.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Flame Dash seems like it's an intelligence skill only but unlike Lightning Warp it also seems like it doesn't benefit as a movement skill at all by leveling it ... level 1 should be optimal and thus the requirements won't be a problem.
Hi Korgoth, don't know if you remember me but I consulted with you on my Aegis Block build.

EDIT: Found out that Enduring cry won't work with CWDT and immortal call is apparently getting nerfed. This makes my choices somewhat easier.

So I wanted to combine my facebreaker and aegis builds and I think I have succeeded. The tankiness is far greater than a normal facebreaker and the damage is also far higher than my aegis and doryani build. This is my gear:

I think I will be switching to Ice Crash for 2.0 (something different, seems fun). What do you think the best gem setup will be for this? Ice Crash- Melee phys - Fortify (as you say, it seems to good to leave out) - Faster Attacks -

But now what for the 5th and 6th links? Blood magic (I hope this isn't necessary), cold penetration, hypothermia, increased aoe and concentrated effect are all options. I think I would go with conc effect and increased aoe, but I'm not sure.

And Auras. I hate the new changes to reservation. It seems like enlighten will be mandatory for almost everything. I can either due Hatred + Grace, but that results in compulsory blood magic. Otherwise Hatred/grace and herald of ash, but I would really want both hatred (damage) and grace (armour and aegis synergy). Tough choice.

Cast when damage taken... I'm starting to run out of sockets. When optimised, probably CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal Call + Enfeeble.

Counterattacks. Reckoning is a must, while vengeance is a want (but riposte isn't too necessary).

Golems. I think I will choose the fire golem, although the chaos golem should scale well with my auras and should help me mitigate my abyssus.

Finally movement skills. I'm really running out of sockets now. Flame dash and phase run are both very big wants.

I always liked the idea of using counterattacks to deal more damage, not just for utility. With my current setup, Reckoning alone deals about 30k dps.

And this is my planned tree:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAO4FLQY5CTMM9w3NFCAVIBm0Gj4blxutHM4e3yFgKaUqTStQLOktgy_MMZ4yTjWSPC09Dz3iPfw_J0CgR35I7krITeNPVlBHUWBYY185Xz9i7GVNZ5tuqnKpdO108XiueTl673vDfNl-4oLkg1-DzITZhO-Gs4qvjM-QEZstpleplayvrj6vp7Crsz-18raKtz69Nr6nvrzAv8GCxPbGrsbY0TbTfti92sHd4-Is5FHp1e8O73ryL_MG9Ob2SPaj9zL7qv4K_lT-jw==

I don't know how easy it will be to level in 2.0, but I played it safe and made it for about lvl 80.

What do you think? What would you recommend? Take a look at the passive tree and please tell me if I made some mistake.
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Jul 2, 2015, 2:35:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info