[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I was very impressed to see your video
There is no way to have a number to sintetize real DPS?
I saw also a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5Sd6CMF10&feature=youtu.be
i notice that you haven't usual skield and haven't abyssus and also gloves seem maligaro?
Why?
Alfmax
For knowing the real dps ... well yo can't really know the actual dps becasue it depends not only on your stats but on the armour and ressits of your enemies. Furthermore cyclone tooltip is extremely unaccurate ... but in the end what does it matter what the tooltip says? Try different things , see which one kills faster and use it .. as simple as that :)

it's all skins from other items man it's a purchaseable microtransaction. The microtransaction is called "skin transfer" and you can find it in the weapon effects. What it does is that you take the "looks" of a lets say a shield and uses it instead of the visual appearance of another shield. Here's an example with my Lioeney's Remorse Shield:

Do you see the line "Has Chernobog's Pillar Skin" ? That signifies that my lioneye shield will look like the Chernobog shield .. it's this one here :

So the shield is still the same it just has the 3d model of a different shield.

The same with my body armour, my gloves and my helmet.

Excuse me but i find it rather ... baffeling ... that a person like you that has been around for almost 2 years ... has plenty of good gear and at least one level 90 char does not now about item skin transfers ... :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 22, 2015, 9:54:11 AM
I've been trying out some FB builds lately and leveling gems in preparation for The Awakening, and your tree is the closest to what I arrived at for "best" in relation to my playstyle:

My Setup @ Lvl 84

Great Old One's Ward and Iron Reflexes... I keep going back and forth with these things. The shield is such a nice boost to dps, more than what I'd get if I spent the 4 points it takes to get to IR elsewhere, but I could also drop IR and the shield, get a pure armour shield with a bunch of resists, and get more physical damage on my jewelry. Kind of a tough call. IR is pretty great with Carcass Jack, though. And with IR I get 40% physical damage reduction with Great Old One's Ward (27% block) or 58% with a 1400 EV shield (30% block). Quite a big difference, but think I'll stick with the dps shield (and IR) for now.

I toyed with a Scion build, which is fun for dps/extra movement speed and might be good in The Awakening for an additional jewel slot, but the defenses are wonky. I prefer the stability of your build.

Any thoughts on beta? The Reduced Mana change makes things a bit more complicated (forced to used Enlighten to stay competitive? lose some dps and only use Hatred + HoA without supports + Tempest Shield?) and I hate that Enduring Cry will have to be manually cast (feels like a step backwards in fun to me). At least the jewel slots should be useful. Time for a bigger unarmed range to help with clear speeds!

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on May 22, 2015, 2:06:43 PM
If I had been more experienced, and especially if I had time, I would have certainly I followed your build but I would have tried my.
I am present for two years but after finishing the game alone, after I stopped for nearly a year and more. I stopped because I feel very good that this game has two big problems.
1) E 'dangerous because it gets into your brain like a virus because of its difficulty to understand the mechanisms. He devours you hours in study and analysis of the items you find and in combinations. It 'a beautiful appearance but simultaneously also bad because it steals hours to understand, to study things that unfortunately in real life will not be wasted.
2) It 'purpose-built to create a world of transactions that is very close to reality.
So not really a game but a parallel life and above all there are people who mistake the objects as in real life, with malice. Nobody gives you anything and friendship is rare unless resulting from reality.
I almost always played alone, only a few maps with others and have never entered a guild. I never played the various additional quests.
This is to make you understand why after two years are in this situation and are not as experienced as you.
Alfmax
@Tempada
Well mate about the beta and the possible awakening changes i've posted quite a bit about it in last 10 or so pages go there and read about it .. because it's plenty of stuff to rewrite again :P

@Alfmax
Ah i see now it makes sense :)
Well as always i'm here to help if i can :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Tempada
Well mate about the beta and the possible awakening changes i've posted quite a bit about it in last 10 or so pages go there and read about it .. because it's plenty of stuff to rewrite again :P

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I noticed that your beta skill tree link from page 214 is broken. If it's not too much trouble, do you have an update?

You talk about the Reduced Mana change on page 215 (lvl 3 Enlighten + 14% reduced mana on tree, which we get from going to Sovereignty, allows us to run 2 50% auras and 1 25% aura), but that reserves 100% mana, and I don't see you discuss the change to Enduring Cry in the last 10 pages or so. Are you using that in beta? Have you tried any golems? These things would need to be linked to Blood Magic if you decide to use them with your current aura setup.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I'll make a new tree tomorrow ... or at least a couple of hours from now.
About the auras - you are absolutely correct - they will reserve 100% mana and everythng else like golems and hopefuly phase run will be linked to blood magic and that will force me to drop riposte whih is not a big deal really.
As for Enduring Cry - i know that it is an npopular opinion but before CWDT i never used it even if it was considered mandatory ( and it really isn't ). The idea of recasting it again and again and again and again and again everytime i engage a pack ... let's say that i would rather drive a hot needle through my left eye instead of doing that.
So in the Awakenng when Enduring cry won't work with CWDT .. i just won't use it at all! The Fortify provides much better defenses to compensate ... i said over and over again that you can't have too much defenses and i still think that of course ... but 3 endurance charges and some life regen ( which is pretty cool i must admit ) is just not worth the trouble!
Lets not forget that we can generate endurance charges with reckoning. Sure reaching max charges just with that won't be done all the time .. bt it's still something and in my opinion it is enough.

About the golems. The ice golem is useless for us. Now the Chaos golem is pretty nice but there is one problem ... well ok two problems... first it has very high int requirements which are pretty hard to be met. And the other thing is how the golem behaves - it simply runs into the first enemy and starts attacking it. Now why is this a problem you might ask? Well... the golems are cool because of their buffs ( for this build at least ) not because of their damage because .. the damage is not impressive at all. So the chaos golem is always in the action and even with all its tankiness it dies faster than the next logical choice - the fire golem.
The fire golem is pretty awesome in my opinion. Still very tanky, it also has a neat damage boosting buff the requirements are easily met with this build and on top of that - it is a ranged attacker. So while you are in the melee it stays ot of trouble, meaning that it survives more and you need to recast it less freqently ( and you must already know by know that i hate recasting things.... )
So yea the golems are cool ... i've already made the image for their ssection in this guide :P

So let me get back to the skills that i'll probably use instead of the 4L riposte.
I'll probably do Blood Magic + Fire Golem + Phase run + Blood Rage (probably)
and the colors fit perfectly too

Now for the blood rage ... it is more appealing now in my opinion.
First the frenzy charges are reworked and now they give 4% attack/cast speed and 4% MORE damage which is very nice. Also Blood rage now has physical degen instead of chaos degen ... so that's ... idk if it's better ... armour and fortify don't work vs physical degens ...but on the other hand it is always hard to stack chaos res so it is probably slightly better... at least you won't be at negative chas res taing even more chaos degen.

If i decide not to use Blood rage.. i can always start using Portal gem again :P

And in my usual CWDT + EC + Curse
i'll juse use Molten shell or a Rej. totem instead of the EV .. they won't do much at low level ... but there is no other option atm.

So yea... that's all i can think of right now ... tell me if i missed something ( and i probably did ) that interests you :P
Ok here is the tree

I'm a bit sleepy but it must be fine.
Now this is a tree for my 96 level character and i'll have 1 free point too can't decide what to do with it... probably i'll get another point from somewhere and grab armour mastery? I'm not sure yet.
For lower levels some life nodes might be skipped as well as combat stamina and the shield defenses nodes.
Also the tree can be changed a bit based on personal preferences and mre damage nodes can be taken instead of some defensive nodes.
Also lust of carnage is now very close to the tree path so it's easy to grab 2% life leech for those of you who don't have any leech from your gear ( and no leech at all is not good )
About the jewel sockets i'm using 4 ... tho less or more might be required but that's easy to change.
Also Revelry is definitely worth mentioning. It is sooooooooo awesome in the low-mid levels while you are still casting with mana! 2 mana per HIT is just crazy! It's just too good to be true!
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 22, 2015, 9:30:54 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
As for Enduring Cry - i know that it is an npopular opinion but before CWDT i never used it even if it was considered mandatory ( and it really isn't ). The idea of recasting it again and again and again and again and again everytime i engage a pack ... let's say that i would rather drive a hot needle through my left eye instead of doing that.

Same. I gave manual cast a try and it's downright awful. I really wish Immortal Call had been made the warcry instead of Enduring Cry.

"
So in the Awakenng when Enduring cry won't work with CWDT .. i just won't use it at all! The Fortify provides much better defenses to compensate ...

Do you plan to use Fortify in place of Increased Area of Effect in your 6L? Since Elemental Prolif isn't looking so hot in beta, my aura setup will probably change and I'll have some extra slots, so I'm thinking Reckoning + Fortify + Riposte/Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Melee Physical Damage.

"
So the chaos golem is always in the action and even with all its tankiness it dies faster than the next logical choice - the fire golem.

Aw, I expected the Chaos Golem to be tankier, but yeah, high Intelligence would be a problem anyway... Oh well, extra damage is cool too!

"
And in my usual CWDT + EC + Curse
i'll juse use Molten shell or a Rej. totem instead of the EV .. they won't do much at low level ... but there is no other option atm.

Instead of the EV? Maybe I'm not understanding right, but I thought totems no longer work with CwDT in beta...

Thanks for the response! Edit: And for the tree.
Last edited by Tempada on May 22, 2015, 10:12:55 PM
Well i guess i was sleepy :P
not EV i meant Enduring Cry ( EC ) ... about the totems ... i must have missed that they no longer work with CWDT. Well if that's the case ... nothing else is left but molten shell i guess.

As for the Fortify - it does not work with conter-attacks. And i'll use it for sure! And yes i'll probbaly use it instead of inc. AoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info