[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

hey all. Which gems I need use with this 6L? or change colors to like what I use now?

Or I must change to use Cyclone instead of infernal blow with this 6L ? As i see colors are better for that
Last edited by exodia_ on Sep 10, 2014, 4:42:57 AM
Just use Cyclone , because getting the needed 5 red 1 green sockets for Infernal blow is practically impossible on a carcass jack.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thx for reply. And thx for such a nice guide, i was following since I come to PoE :) First I wanted to try 6L my LC, but succeed in Carcass, how u think, if I can handle downside of LC, is it better to use LC instead of Carcass ?
Well first of all it depends on what attack you want to use. If you use Cyclone - Carcass Jack is definitely the way to go! IF you use IB/DB or frenzy you just need to use something different because of the socket colors. Lightning coil is not bad but since we can no longer get as much +X% max lightning resistance as before that chest kind of lost it's usefulness. But still .. you can fairly easy get the needed colors with Lightning coil so if you want to use anything that is not cyclone .. then go for this chest. If you have a 5L lightning coil .. i'd suggest that you buy a 5L rare astral plate and use it instead!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Btw putting Physical Damage on a shield is a pretty awesome thing and makes it possible to create some crazy rare shields.. although it's can roll only a low value.. but still! Theoretically you can get a high armour + life + block + resists + phys dmg shield.

The only problem is knowing wether that high armour + life + block + resists shield you are looking at has an affix spot left open to add flat phys damage or not. This is not visually displayed at all. Unless you are an expert in crafting how will you ever know?
Well thats pretty easy to test ... i'll do it right away! Just get a shield ( any sheild ) with 3 prefixes if you can add the physical damage it's a suffix if you can't - it's an prefix.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 13, 2014, 10:05:10 AM
And it's a prefix!
So that means that in theory you could make s shield with:

Pinnacle Tower Shield
20% quality
Armour 2127 ( 403 base armour )
Block chance 34% (28% base )
---------
Prefixes
---------
+400 to armour
120% Increased armour
99 life
---------
Suffixes
---------
6% additional block chance
16% to all Resistances
Adds 4-7 physical damage

Of course the question is is the physical damage mod is worth it or perhaps fire, chaos, cold or lightning resist would be better.

That would be a perfectly rolled shield of course :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 13, 2014, 10:19:35 AM
Re: Dominating Blow and the passive trees in the guide:

Why do you skip over the Increased Skill Effect duration nodes? You travel right next to them to get the resists+armor from Sentinel/the Scion life wheel, as well as when you transition from Marauder into Templar to pick up Amplify.

Edit: I just realized that the inc. duration nodes also synergize really well with Immortal Call, especially if you're grabbing more max Endurance charges from the tree (I think at least one +1 max Endurance charge node is very close to the tree's current pathing).

Grabbing the increased duration nodes plus the max endurance charge nodes, and either casting Enduring Cry with Spell Echo, having Enduring Cry on CwDT, or even using the Warlord's Mark curse, can get you nigh-constant uptime on Immortal Call. Given that you're immune to physical damage from immortal call, this makes Saffel's Frame perfect, as the spell block and increased max resists make you very resilient vs elemental damage, and you're immune to physical damage.
Last edited by malboro_urchin on Sep 13, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
The answer is simple : For the minions you don't really need increased duration because you never run out of minions. And having 20-30 minions without the nodes is more than more, in my opinion and experience more minions just clutter your screen and may hurt your FPS without really improving the clear speed.

As for the endurance charges and immortal call - i find it extremely difficult to even reach the max 3 endurance charges i rarely get hit and i kill fast so CWDT doesn't trigger that often to keep the charges running. It won't be a problem if you manually cast enduring cry and then immortal call but i really prefer to kill things instead of constantly spamming Enduring cries and immortal calls afraid that if i miss a cast i'll get annihilated because i'm using saffel's frame all the time and i can't block attacks. Not to mention of course that block blocks attacks , not just physical damage attacks. It's just annoying and inconvenient.

That's all true for me of course! For you and your gameplay style that might not be the case and if so you should slightly change your tree ( like getting those increased duration and endurance charges nodes ) to suit your needs! :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 14, 2014, 4:49:30 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well thats pretty easy to test ... i'll do it right away! Just get a shield ( any sheild ) with 3 prefixes if you can add the physical damage it's a suffix if you can't - it's an prefix.

I really doubt a casual player knows this by looking at items on poemarkets/xyz.
Of course it is easy if you have access to the item. Not always the case.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 14, 2014, 8:17:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info