[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I'm running the most expensive gems right now already- Multi-strike (180%), Melee Splash (160%) and Melee Physical (140%) with alternating Added Fire for single target (130%). I'd be replacing Melee Physical on BoR @ 140% with either Added Fire @ 130 (so less mana) or Life on Hit @ 150% (only 10% more).

Either way, with 90 Mana left after 4 auras, I don't have a mana problem at all. Natural mana regen coupled with Mana Leech from my ring keeps that bulb full no matter what.
Sounds great to me.
Unfortuanly you can use dominating blow that way. But for Infernal blow sounds awesome.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:07:10 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Sounds great to me.
Unfortuanly you can use dominating blow that way. But for Infernal blow sounds awesome.

Agreed, but if you need to use DB one can always switch out IB and the third gem from BoR for Blood Magic- which will also cost less Mana due to the -20% skills... There's still the same flexibility in the build that you have, so that's a good thing.

I think DB costs ~120 life, so after the 20% it should be less than 100 points (20% of 120 is 24). Still not too expensive.

There was a thought I had kicking around for DB- you can spend 2 points past level 77 on the Mana Reduction nodes above Duelist and 1 point left of Amplify for an additional 17% reduction- coming to 37% total... That would make a big difference for a Dominating Blow Duelist at a pretty low skill expenditure. Coupled with the Life Leech you could easily be using less than 100 points on DB and leeching every bit of it back immediately.
Last edited by Rules on Sep 9, 2013, 3:19:18 PM
It's true that you have the same flexibility.

Actualy with a level 20 Blood Magic Support Gem Dominating blow costs around 250 life per hit.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
It's true that you have the same flexibility.

Actualy with a level 20 Blood Magic Support Gem Dominating blow costs around 250 life per hit.

Ouch- well the new build helps a lot with that, depending on the math it should cost ~ 157 points @ level 80 with my build. Not un-sustainable on your health bar!
Btw Rules don't underestimate Elemental Adaptation and the spell block next to Phalanx.

Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 11, 2013, 1:36:32 AM
"
Rules wrote:
I'm running the most expensive gems right now already- Multi-strike (180%), Melee Splash (160%) and Melee Physical (140%) with alternating Added Fire for single target (130%). I'd be replacing Melee Physical on BoR @ 140% with either Added Fire @ 130 (so less mana) or Life on Hit @ 150% (only 10% more).

Either way, with 90 Mana left after 4 auras, I don't have a mana problem at all. Natural mana regen coupled with Mana Leech from my ring keeps that bulb full no matter what.

Sorry but i dont think this will work you have a stream or you tube acc so we can see it?
The Reason is i Desync quite often so when a few hits hit nothing you will be out of mana after 1-2 hits and this can be very annoying.

Dont get me wrong i hope it works so i can unlink the blood magic gem from my BoR.

Finally i can buy a Soul Taker in 1-2 Days so i can test it with this Build very excited .
mark
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Btw Rules don't underestimate Elemental Adaptation and the spell block next to Phalanx.

Elemental Adaptation is sub-par for most damage builds after the recent change- I think it's generally accepted that the math just doesn't work out, essentially a waste of a skillpoint for anything but RF/LowLife Totem and other regen/resist dependent builds.

As far as the 12% spell block, I can see that being useful- but I don't know if it's playstyle that drives the need for spellblock (I run 35% speed, so staying in motion and running around iceballs is the mode for survival), especially de-prioritizing damage (which is a key component to our survival) or the +defense nodes...

"
ultron1337 wrote:
Sorry but i dont think this will work you have a stream or you tube acc so we can see it?
The Reason is i Desync quite often so when a few hits hit nothing you will be out of mana after 1-2 hits and this can be very annoying.

I haven't played in a few days, and don't have a stream right now- but the Infernal Blow cost is so low that natural regen gets you another strike after two (very rare in my experience) misses pretty quickly. Also remember that melee splash means you are very likely going to hit something, even on a primary target miss.
Yesterday i bought a Soul Taker and here is my impression:

+more Hp,more Resist,more Armor, more everything you want through the Glove Slot
+more clearing speed thanks to Flicker Strike and Leap Slam (only for movement)-> no more running around ledges or getting slowed just leap and flicker the whole map
+through glove slot more Resist you get some free Skill Points (1-2)
+no high Movement Speed needed so i can use my MF Boots with only 10% MS
+free flask slot (i used two Quicksilver)
+free 3 Slots from Soul Taker
+glow effect on weapon :)
+no Blood Magic in BoR needed
+Temperal Chains no more Problem / annoying

-i loose around 4k DPS but i think i can back to my 18k DPS with switching gear around -> it is possible there is another guide in this forum who used the same spec with 18k dps IB
-Expensive and hard to find (be prepared to buy this item for around 28-32 Ex)

So my conclusion is when you have the currency ,like to fly through maps and have good dps+def Rings and Amu to not loose too much DPS Soul Taker is the item for you.
When not stay with FB it is slow but very cheap,strong and more DPS.
So here is my WIP Gear:

Last edited by ultron1337 on Sep 13, 2013, 2:10:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info