Newsflash GGG: There is MORE not less RNG in Descent Races.

The "classes compete with themselves" thing only works if each class has guaranteed access to its optimal gem selections. Otherwise the top spots for those classes without said access are determined entirely by luck. This is currently the case for shadow, witch and templar, all of whom will post much better results with cleave, roa or other less preferred (but superior to the current offerings) skills that are drop only, as opposed to what theyre guaranteed from the chests.

Hence the "there is more not less rng in descent races". Half the classes looking to make a leaderboard run are best off ignoring their "recommended" build and just hoarding points while hoping for one of a tiny handful of specific drop only gems in the first 15 minutes! Not exactly what id call inspiring competition, and something that could have been very easily avoided.

And the current class representation disparity speaks for itself here. No reason to let these imbalances define/wreck the entire season when they can be so easily fixed.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jul 3, 2013, 4:21:15 AM
"
I'm sad that you missed my point, Mors. Unlike you.

Sorry.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, by the way.

I 100% got your point. I was agreeing with you ;(.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Condemned now has the number 1 shadow (which he deserves without a doubt from his normal shadow play) yet has has the lead over first by a huge margin because he reportedly got cleave.

The fact that the top 3 templar, shadow and witch results will come down to a decent player getting Cleave, cleave or ice nove respectively is moronic beyond belief.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
Condemned now has the number 1 shadow (which he deserves without a doubt from his normal shadow play) yet has has the lead over first by a huge margin because he reportedly got cleave.

The fact that the top 3 templar, shadow and witch results will come down to a decent player getting Cleave, cleave or ice nove respectively is moronic beyond belief.

Im not saying i called this...

"
KoTao wrote:
The "classes compete with themselves" thing only works if each class has guaranteed access to its optimal gem selections. Otherwise the top spots for those classes without said access are determined entirely by luck. This is currently the case for shadow, witch and templar, all of whom will post much better results with cleave, roa or other less preferred (but superior to the current offerings) skills that are drop only, as opposed to what theyre guaranteed from the chests.

But i called this.

Ranger is also in a similar spot due to their lack of aoe and worthless starting dps- the top 3 are sure to be taken by players who find quivers, irons or nice rares in the first zone or 2 and accordingly bypass the brutally slow period between crude+split and shortbow+quiver+aoe.

The inability to craft necessary upgrades (with recipes specifically added to reduce basic gear rng) is a blatant issue as well.

And still not one dev response to date. Is it considered acceptable that, even with the mechanics added to reduce randomness (static chests, global map seeds), this seasons signature race has turned out to be even more rng-based than standard races?
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info