Newsflash GGG: There is MORE not less RNG in Descent Races.

"
KoTao wrote:
- Improve orb drops by a massive amount. If theyre currently better than the standard modes, no ones noticed.
I've noticed; either they're massively better or I'm just hilariously lucky with Orbs of Alchemy.
"
KoTao wrote:
- Require the area boss to be dead before the area end chests are available. This will create a huge risk:reward tension that would make the events much more interesting. Ive skipped far more bosses than ive killed so far, as the current reward is just not there compared to the potential risk and time lost. Whos going to try killing that insane gmp chaos spitter snake in the starting zone atm (or other high life, high risk bosses, of which there are plenty) when they can just run right past and still get paid at the chests?
If I'm doing good with my DPS (which can happen as early as that first snake) I find they're worth killing for the lootsplosion alone... although I have been let down by that once so far, so perhaps the lootsplosion needs buffing so that this is less often an issue. Or perhaps not. In any case, I don't think chest-locking is the answer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Morsexier wrote:
The problem is you as the developer has chosen for us how to play this game, which is a very dangerous precedent.

Who are you to say that a basic gem such as Freeze pulse isnt available to say a Templar
Well, they are actually the developers of all the fun (or possibly not so fun) in this game.

Personally I hate timed events by heart, as I want to play a game at a slow pace without butthurt hurrying. And unfortunately these new Descent fun is not for me as well :(
I wonder why they didn't do it so the event has no set duration, but instead ends when the first person reaches the finish line?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I wonder why they didn't do it so the event has no set duration, but instead ends when the first person reaches the finish line?

Or that you are required to kill every boss to progress.

We are, after all, only competing against our own class right???????
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

"
Morsexier wrote:

Or that you are required to kill every boss to progress.

We are, after all, only competing against our own class right???????

The issue with these two suggestions are this:

When planning this they might of been afraid a pro player reaches the end so fast that everyone else who arn't good at races but were enjoying themselves had to stop playing because of that one guy.

And making bosses a requirement will prevent certain classes from progressing as far as others.

For example a shadow freeze pulse may struggle with a boss that a duelist can dual strike in 4 secs. So the shadows will never get to go down as deep as the duelists.
IGN: @GreenDude
Please don't make bosses a must to continue... i don't want to be stuck killing every monsters around the chaos snake with split arrow... its painful enough already
Last edited by FleepQc on Jun 30, 2013, 5:46:48 PM
"
FleepQc wrote:
Please don't make bosses a must to continue... i don't want to be stuck killing every monsters around the chaos snake with split arrow... its painful enough already

Hence my suggestion to lock the chests until the boss is killed. You can still just run past the boss and enter the next area, but at the cost of your guaranteed upgrades and orbs. Perfect risk:reward tension for a fast paced race.

I think your complaint is less indicative of my idea being poor, and more indicative of the rangers starting gems needing improvement (and of how awful it is to take down groups with split arrow until level 4). Some melee offerings would be helpful here; double strike and cleave perhaps, fits with the sword & board theme that the rangers melee path takes.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Punishes other racers for no good reason, especially those of other classes who are on the path to a 1st place run and suddenly get kicked out of the race 45 mins in because some duelist randomly got tri elem rolls on every gear slot. The amount of rage this sort of design choice would generate would be hilarious, though i doubt id be one of the ones laughing.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jun 30, 2013, 11:13:18 PM
"
KoTao wrote:
"
FleepQc wrote:

Hence my suggestion to lock the chests until the boss is killed. You can still just run past the boss and enter the next area, but at the cost of your guaranteed upgrades and orbs. Perfect risk:reward tension for a fast paced race.

I think your complaint is less indicative of my idea being poor, and more indicative of the rangers starting gems needing improvement (and of how awful it is to take down groups with split arrow until level 4). Some melee offerings would be helpful here; double strike and cleave perhaps, fits with the sword & board theme that the rangers melee path takes.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Punishes other racers for no good reason, especially those of other classes who are on the path to a 1st place run and suddenly get kicked out of the race 45 mins in because some duelist randomly got tri elem rolls on every gear slot. The amount of rage this sort of design choice would generate would be hilarious, though i doubt id be one of the ones laughing.

yeah... and the only aoe you get is in that chest.... IF they do that .. they should give good gems to every class so atleast everyone can kill things at the beginning
I was rather disappointed at the lack of skill choices. Personally I'd love to play my favourite class using my favourite skill/skills. However in descent races I can only choose one or the other. I would rather have both. I'm sort of used to PoE being a game where I can play how I want, and I'd like for it to continue down this road.

I think it would be nicer if every class got a much bigger variety of skill gem choices. This could either be done by letting the chests drop a lot more gems or simply having more chests at the end of every level. I can't see the downside of having more skill gems drop out of chests, you'll just end up not picking up the ones that are of no use to you.
Last edited by Hrishi on Jul 1, 2013, 6:39:54 AM
I think it's kind of ironic, given the thread title, that the current conversation is on how the totally non-random, utterly deterministic chest drops need more variety.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info