Be careful how you troll!

I don't even know what to say, it's one grand /faceroll
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
LostForm wrote:
I would much rather a kid that said he was going to shoot up a school ended up in jail, joking or otherwise, than have all of our schools become lock down secure facilities with guards armed with fully automatic weapons to prevent against the chance he wasnt joking.

You must work for the mainstream news media. "I would much rather have an abusive and overbearing legal system than an abusive and overbearing legal system!"

"
LostForm wrote:
He is of the right demographic: young white male, detached from reality mixed with a fascination and admiration of violence, living in a place where high-powered large scope of damage fire arms are readily accessible, near a school.

So, at least 60% of young adult male Americans?

"
LostForm wrote:
I think it is a much more rational action than putting a tank outside and a locker full of semi-automatic rifles inside of every school in america to protect against the chance he (as a symbol for detached entitled kids everywhere) was not joking.

More sensationalism. "If gays get the right to marry then when are people going to start marrying their GOATS and HORSES and DOGS! Think of the children!"

"
And again, I'm not sure that Mr Franklin would consider threats of this nature (call it a joke if you will, but the reality is this has been very much not a joke in the past -- see Sandy Hook's online warning a day before) a correct usage of 'essential liberty'.

People make school shooting threats on the internet every single day. Looking retrospectively at school shooting threats and going "SEE? SEE? THIS HAPPENED!" is conspiracy theory level of ridiculous. You can look back and connect the dots to show what you want them to show you.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Now crying, he claimed I couldn't do that! I grabbed his hand and started for the door. He changed his tune quickly and never again acted up in class.

I'll just say I'm not surprised that he acted up in class in the first place, given he probably doesn't have a good person to model his behavior after, being raised by someone in such a passive-aggressive way.

"
So either he's old enough to know better than to say stupid shit like that, in which case it's his fault this happened,

I don't know what you think happens when someone goes from a teenager to an adult with the arbitrary age of 18+, but the answer is absolutely nothing. There's absolutely nothing that happens naturally that would make someone suddenly go from an immature shithead at the age of 17 to a responsible aware adult at 18, or 19, or 20, or even 21. Hell, nowadays even people in their mid to late 20s are still acting like teenagers. If anything the capacity for stupidity is greater because of the increased responsibilities and the expected separation from authority figures. Expecting "adult behavior" from a 19 year old is disconnected from reality.

"
jk lol.

Serious or not, don't care. Nothing makes me feel more right than telling people on the internet that they're wrong.
Last edited by Septile on Jul 3, 2013, 8:39:14 PM
I know it's wrong to call people out on the internet and what not, definitely these forums, but you should just stop posting in this thread Charan. You're only showing everyone how unattached from reality you are, and making yourself look like an arrogant prick. (Unless you're trolling, then well done)

Back on topic...the federal crime system is a fucking joke. The fact that this happened to one kid makes me sick living under this system, but two!? Holy. Shit. These guys will likely get a couple years in federal prison each, for fucking tasteless jokes on the internet. I've never been one to believe in some sort of "New World Order" control over the population, but it's starting to happen right before our eyes.
Last edited by TheKleen on Jul 4, 2013, 12:36:05 AM
Doubke post
Last edited by TheKleen on Jul 4, 2013, 12:35:52 AM
"
"
TheKleen wrote:
I know it's wrong to call people out on the internet and what not, definitely these forums, but you should just stop posting in this thread Charan. You're only showing everyone how unattached from reality you are, and making yourself look like an arrogant prick. (Unless you're trolling, then well done).

There's a problem with this.

If I truly were an arrogant prick, would I stop because you, a complete nobody as far as my arrogant prick self is concerned, said so?

Just saying, don't want to start something Im not even related to, but look at your answer"s", even look at your signature ( If Path of Exile were Pay to Win, I'd be in the top ten places of the ladder. All the ladders.) and you will understand that, actually, he is not far from reality.

I don't know you, but from what I saw on most of your posts on forum is pretty much what he is saying, you, beeing arrogant.

Yes, you have spent 12k dollars or more to support this game, which is, something I find really generous, but I wanted to let you know that even if it makes your e-penis bigger, this is not the case in the reality.

To get back to the topic, I also have to admit that this is pretty hard to let someone like this teen having that kind of behaviour without taking it seriously, but when it is proven that is was just a stupid "joke", they should just let him go. We have all been in his age, doing mistakes, and we still do, especially on the net, trying to be someone we aren't irl, so I think they should better focus on real threats rather than trying to make an exemple from a poor stupid typical teen.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Last edited by diebymee on Jul 4, 2013, 6:08:07 AM
"
diebymee wrote:
To get back to the topic, I also have to admit that this is pretty hard to let someone like this teen having that kind of behaviour without taking it seriously, but when it is proven that is was just a stupid "joke", they should just let him go. We have all been in his age, doing mistakes, and we still do, especially on the net, trying to be someone we aren't irl, so I think they should better focus on real threats than trying to make an exemple from a poor stupid typical teen.

Agreed.
Why didn´t they put this little brat on the electric chair??? Would teach him even better to keep his mouth shut when he is insulted! And solve the problem forever.

Oh, wait!------ Right, US jails are in private hands,right?! And government gave a garantee to the owners to keep their cells stuffed....yepp, under these circumstances they cannot put him on electric chair, but need to sentence him for the rest of his hopefully long life. The younger the delinquent, the better for the jail company

"

I guess I just have a particular and unusual hard spot in my heart for trolls online...hm.

Seems your poignant condemnation of this type of behavior and support for harsh punishment is rooted in negative personal experience.

While I do find the sarcastic joke to be in bad taste, the legal action taken seems excessive.
"
The point is, he said something really really stupid, that constitutes breaking the law - and he will be punished accordingly for breaking said law.

WHEN IN ROME, DO AS THE ROMANS DO

So, which exact law did the boy break? Could you kindly point out the paragraph?

Have you ever said " i could kill somebody for that" ? So, please go to the next policestation, telling them you belong into jail for the rest of your life. And, yes, nobody had any garantee wether you meant your thread serious or not.

Sorry, but what you folks are babbling here is bullshit from the kind you find only in the states.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info