A lot of Crashes

I'm getting crashes too.

And I have a ATI HD 4650 Mobility. And some reports of crashes have ATI as GPU.

:S
I am always getting d/c when I try and enter merviels lair, 5 times now and the ganme is running fine everywhere else for once
i got a HD radeon 5770 and may game crashes mostly in the the same areas.

i am 100% sure about Waterfall cave and Ancienta pyramid ( cant farm for maps there :(( )
playing about 5-10 minutes than graphic glitches starting and short after that

game crashes and i get message from windows 7

PoE exe does not longer work ....

do u wanna wait till found solution... blablabla

i can do 10 fellshrine runs in a row, and everythings fine.

Last edited by Noxiouschris on Aug 11, 2012, 4:42:48 AM
Same problems. I have old computer IC2D E4400, PDP 4GB DDR2, EVGA 8800GTS SC. Since couple of days I have regularly the crashes (even couple times daily). Before last few patches I was having maybe one crash a week.
"
If you're running on a lower end PC you're going to run into crashes quite frequently. I have had zero crashes on my gaming rig but when I play on my crumby laptop I crash about once per hour while changing from one area to another, and especially if I load multiple areas quickly (ie: chose the wrong way point and quickly select another after loading).

To summarize, if you're running on a lower end PC you should expect to crash regularly.

Remember, this is a beta and the code hasn't been optimized so it's taxing your system even more than you might expect given your settings.

I don't think this has anything to do with spec; many people have run into this one or the similar 'unable to map', 'memory full' etc on scene transition. Updating my HD audio driver helped a lot but did not completely fix the issue. --nosound works but no one is going to play like that; the issue seems to only happen in act 2. I believe I read this issue pops up after some patches.
"
Madie wrote:
I'm also having some crashing issues too , like when i try to load map i just get stucked in the load screen , so i minimize the game and there is an error message , they are different sometimes like:

1. Unable to map file.
2. run out of memory.
3. some kind of bugs with the sounds like unable to open waterfall blablabla....
4. Bad allocation.

Also i have some issues running the game in normal

I also get a lot of these issues. I've been running with the -gc 2 modifier on my shortcut for about three patches now. Until this last patch I wasn’t crashing in game, just when zoning between areas. I assumed it was the same old problem that you guys were already working on.
To be fair I’m also doing things like loading the screen with sparks + lightning totems, so it could be the excessive amount of stuff on screen from my end.
I just hope this fixes after beta which is pretty much what is going to happen , just be patient GGG is a pretty small studio so for now use the --nosound or the -gc 2 or -gc 1 in the shortcuts , else deal with it.
This morning is particularly bad. It's been going on since last major patch; state of it now i can't really beta it; i'd say a crash every 10-30 minutes; usual suspects (memory, etc).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info