A lot of Crashes

Lately, i have a lo of crashes, like 1 per hour, and before the last patch i didnt crashed more than 1 time in 1 week, what is going on dudes...
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
Are you getting an error message when you crash? Is this while playing, or while changing areas?
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Are you getting an error message when you crash? Is this while playing, or while changing areas?

Thank you for answer me, yes, i'm getting an error, the game freezes randomly and says the client stopped working, i dont remember exactly the words but is something like that.

I have a ati mobility radeon hd 5145, maybe is usefull to know why i have this issue.
Last edited by xXkoverasXx on Aug 9, 2012, 6:54:18 AM
I'm also having some crashing issues too , like when i try to load map i just get stucked in the load screen , so i minimize the game and there is an error message , they are different sometimes like:

1. Unable to map file.
2. run out of memory.
3. some kind of bugs with the sounds like unable to open waterfall blablabla....
4. Bad allocation.

I'm getting those crashes very often lately , like if i stay in the same zone for a phew minutes and i try to go to another one i get a crash , also i get disconnected from the game while im ''afk'' for a while or my portals dissapear when i go to town.
Im using an old laptop graphic card: ATI mobility Radeon HD 3470.
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 1.83 Ghz.

Also i have some issues running the game in normal resolution so i have to play in the lowest one like 800x600 , and thats weird since i can run other games perectly like Starcraft2 , HON , LOL , skyrim , etc...
Last edited by Madie on Aug 9, 2012, 11:44:15 AM
"
Madie wrote:
I'm also having some crashing issues too , like when i try to load map i just get stucked in the load screen , so i minimize the game and there is an error message , they are different sometimes like:

1. Unable to map file.
2. run out of memory.
3. some kind of bugs with the sounds like unable to open waterfall blablabla....

I'm getting those crashes very often lately , like if i stay in the same zone for a phew minutes and i try to go to another one i get a crash , also i get disconnected from the game while im ''afk'' for a while or my portals dissapear when i go to town.
Im using an old laptop graphic card: ATI mobility Radeon HD 3470.
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 1.83 Ghz.

Also i have some issues running the game in normal resolution so i have to play in the lowest one like 800x600 , and thats weird since i can run other games perectly like Starcraft2 , HON , LOL , skyrim , etc...

same
"
Madie wrote:

Me too, and i have pretty new laptop, but if i want to have a good frame rate i need to go in lowest resolution and unable the shadows and everything.
I'm getting really tired of the crashes its like i can play for 10 min in the same area then change area and crash its really annoying and happens the whole time once i get crash for the first time.
If you can provide any help i would like to listen since im almost uninstalling the game im really annoyed.
"
Madie wrote:
I'm getting really tired of the crashes its like i can play for 10 min in the same area then change area and crash its really annoying and happens the whole time once i get crash for the first time.
If you can provide any help i would like to listen since im almost uninstalling the game im really annoyed.

I'm not having so many today, but i really dont like to play this whith the lower options to have 30+ fps.
so for now its fixed , just write --nosound in the shorcut of PoE this will deactivate the sound but its the only way to prebent those crashes , just go to the PoE shorcut press the secondary mouse buttom > properties > and at the end of the file route ''C: all files / pathofexile...blablabla'' write --nosound.

Hope this helps. if you didnt understand it just say it ill explain it better :P
If you're running on a lower end PC you're going to run into crashes quite frequently. I have had zero crashes on my gaming rig but when I play on my crumby laptop I crash about once per hour while changing from one area to another, and especially if I load multiple areas quickly (ie: chose the wrong way point and quickly select another after loading).

To summarize, if you're running on a lower end PC you should expect to crash regularly.

Remember, this is a beta and the code hasn't been optimized so it's taxing your system even more than you might expect given your settings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info