[1.0.1] Double Point Blank - RoA Dual Totem build. Updated!

"
Derpfoot wrote:
Hey, this build caught my attention and Ive been gathering stuff ready for it with my current main.
Got Chin Sol, Alpha's Howl & Carcass ready, also considering a Meginord's for the +phys and 10% hp.

Now if I also add Windscreams for double curse in there... I run in to one concern: HP.

Theres barely any +hp in the gear at that point. Do you reckon rings + amulet + belt are enough to cover the hp needs? Then there are gloves but Im not sure if I want to try go with uniques there as well. But yeah resists and hp both are a bit of a worry with this. Getting good enough accessories to do the resists and HP will be expensive...

You get hp from your chest as well - but yea, without a double hp belt, you will be hurting. I would suggest not using Blackgleam nor the meginord's belt, and use HP items there if you want ot use Windscreams. I only suggested windcreams, because in a group setting you have a lot of free time, since your totems are doing all the work. You are able to provide dual curses for your party. It's not required tho, just an option.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Sammael wrote:
can you post DPS tooltips?
and gems and equips too

btw i recommend using frenzy and take kraitlin Merc Reward
even if you dont deal damage you can boost your DTotem dps

If you read my gems section - or maybe just pay attention - I do have Frenzy linked to a support gem setup :P

My tooltip, before I died, was 4k dps. That was @ level 80, mediocre gear, and dual totem - so you basically double the tooltip dps since you have two totems up about 90% of the time. Only time you do not run two totems is when you are running no or half regen maps. Also keep in mind, all my of gear except for my quiver, bow, and chest are all just straight HP/resist gear, so i didn't really have any extra dps boost.

I've sold some of my gear, so I can't really post screen shots of tooltip dps, but I believe I do still have the bow, quiver and my chest.

"
SolusCoda wrote:
Nice build! : )

Sorry to hear you died from the bug. I had a few close calls and had no idea why during the bug time. Hopefully you come back better and stronger!

See you in-game

From what I've gathered, you two seem to be the "experts" on pioneering this build. I decided I really liked this build and I've had a lot of fun with it but I can't seem to match SolusCoda's 4L 4.2k RoA Totem Tooltip DPS.

Current level 73 Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2rKo8LRNbcqlZ88auZOd82VorwBq3Pv4KVdYsp2aekFV6uPJFo_L60qeErpPnYzbpHRQaOG6qplfjao9G7Dg_JzJ-OuGnCNDQV-IqTdQViPHYJLiTm6HPZXflMokVIDbFDH1nvVXGBLMs6R8CEH8UTfAf3Q0EB8aegziiAFuv_MWXle98GNtW-megUlNDnHRBh3Y9Xw6tpMJKfSml

Planned build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2rKo8LRNbcqlZ88auZOd82VorwBq3Pv4KVdYsp2aekFV6uPJFo_L60qeErpPnYzbpHRQaOG6qplfjao9G7Dg_JzJ-OuGnCNDQV-IqTdQViPHYJLiTm6HPZXflMokVIDbFDH1nvVXGBLMs6R8CEH8UTfAf3Q0EB8aegziiAFuv_MWXle98GNtW-megUlNDnHRBh3Y9Xw6tpMJKfSmlPAWf34uM4XPtIEbX7m_dRvxOY6fz3Z2AYG3dBX1T

Gear:
Spoiler

Using the Convenant Trick I run:
Clarity, Wrath, Anger, Grace on life
Purity, Haste, Hatred on Mana

My 4L RoA Totem is: Totem - RoA - Faster Attacks - Conc Effect (1.25k tooptip with Auras)
Planned 6L is: Totem - RoA - Faster Attacks - Conc Effect - WED - Added Lightning Damage

Regardless of what gear I try on the 4L I can't seem to push my DPS even close to SolusCoda's thing. (He posted his gear in the other thread and it was 4L with 4.2k tooptip.)

Also some other questions:
How do you guys deal with Stasis maps? Half regen I can go slowly but the lack of mana regen kills my ability to place totems. (I guess I should run a Mana Flask + Health Flask.)

To maps like GMP, Chain with things like Titty Bitches, my totems die almost before they get one shot off. Is that just a drawback of this build because unlike spork, my totems aren't able to incrementally increase the number of sparks flying in the room.

Finally, I've been debating between Black Gleam and a rare quiver. My current quiver gives decent stats and enough defense that I believe it warrants using it. How would you deal with the loss of life from using Black Gleam. Currently I sit on 3.5k Life (3k after auras).
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
Last edited by 김태연 on Jul 5, 2013, 5:25:38 PM
It seems that your dps problems are in what you take after your marauder roots. Since you do not go duelist, you lose a lot of attack speed and projectile damage, in exhange for just a few elemental damage nodes. I would suggest changes like these. What people don't realize with RoA, and especially point blank version, is that you scale off physical and attack speed a lot better then elemental. Since you hit extremely hard, even high armor mobs get melted (bosses, for example.) And it will boost your tooltip dps.

As for no/half regen maps, I use Devouring Totem and I play blood magic build(gem or keystone, pending if you have a 6link.) But, mana based builds i'm afraid are almost impossible to pull off, as it is already hard enough to pull off normally. I'd even suggest dropping the mana base, once you get 5 links, and start trying to use blood magic or get a 6 link to use blood magic gem. Once you get past 4 links, with support gems, you start to see mana issues. The strength of this build is being able to spam totems, ontop of the mobs - this is nearly impossible to do with a mana / mana regen based build unless you are witch or take a lot of mana regen nodes.

As for chain/gmp maps - Yes, the weakness of the build (if blood magic, the only one) is chain maps, since it hurts you and destroys your totems so fast. Your best bet is to pop granits, and try to get your totems as close to them as possible. Normally, if the mob can 1-2 shot your totem, your totem can do the same - just have to play it safe, hide behind walls and such after placing them.

I used blackgleam after I hit 3k life, after auras (with it on.) And it seemed to be alright. Overall, i think you will get more non-tooltip DPS by using a 32% WED quiver, if you are running Hatred, Anger and Wrath. Especially if you are going the shock route, taking added lightning damage and, I assume, going to be using Thunderfist eventually. Like I said before, with the pure physical boost (also, Pam agrees on this point) that running blackgleam hurts your fights against higher armor targets, since you are not 100% elemental, and not 100% physical. But, it's honestly a personal preference, that's why I listed it under the recommended items. It all depends on what you're doing with the elemental stuff you're picking up. If you choose to go elemental, i'd suggest to do it 100% - grab the WED nodes in the middle, use Blackgleam/windscreams, etc.
So Im up to level 70 now with this build, still using bloodmagic keystone with a 6link Chin Sol. Swapping between lightning arrow and RoA depending how I feel like.

For me really the problem is it just takes too long to cast the actual totems. I really want to make this build work, but for now Ive just stuck to selfcasting as the totem is just like.. basically looks like slow-motion when casting it. Makes no sense as nowhere does it say that Ranged Attack Totem is actually a spell, and it isnt, right? Just dont understand why its still so slow.

Atleast compared to my sporker's totems, who doesnt have much castspeed either. Just to clarify I mean, the actual casting of you putting the totem down on the ground.
"
Derpfoot wrote:
So Im up to level 70 now with this build, still using bloodmagic keystone with a 6link Chin Sol. Swapping between lightning arrow and RoA depending how I feel like.

For me really the problem is it just takes too long to cast the actual totems. I really want to make this build work, but for now Ive just stuck to selfcasting as the totem is just like.. basically looks like slow-motion when casting it. Makes no sense as nowhere does it say that Ranged Attack Totem is actually a spell, and it isnt, right? Just dont understand why its still so slow.

Atleast compared to my sporker's totems, who doesnt have much castspeed either. Just to clarify I mean, the actual casting of you putting the totem down on the ground.

Are you using frenzy? I notice I place totems faster when I have frenzy charges. I am not sure why, because it does not add cast speed, but I do see to summon it faster with max charges.
Looks like a fun build thanks for sharing. Anything you would do differently if you were playing SC? I'm playing Anarchy ATM. Thanks
"
Valkoon wrote:
Looks like a fun build thanks for sharing. Anything you would do differently if you were playing SC? I'm playing Anarchy ATM. Thanks
Probably take less HP nodes and take more damage nodes. But its strength is in its survivability so its best for hc.
Officially ripped with this build while mapping a Dungeon(lol). Was clearing through 68s/69s and then suddenly I get icewalled into brutus. Anyway my thoughts on the build now.

Ripped on Mara so going to try this build again. Was really fun and strong for clearing.

Died to maps Brutus cause someone ice walled me LOL.
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
"
Officially ripped with this build while mapping a Dungeon(lol). Was clearing through 68s/69s and then suddenly I get icewalled into brutus. Anyway my thoughts on the build now.

Ripped on Mara so going to try this build again. Was really fun and strong for clearing.

Died to maps Brutus cause someone ice walled me LOL.

Sorry bro, Rip.

Yea, until you get around 5k+ armor, brutus still hits pretty hard. I just try to stay behind the pillars, and plant totems on both sides. He also can't use his grab through your totem, so remember that in a tight spot. Should always have enfeeble up on him too - not sure if you guys did or not.
Giving this a ^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info