[1.0.1] Double Point Blank - RoA Dual Totem build. Updated!

Hi :D I'm liking the idea of the build so far, but due to the update there are more totem damage nodes. Would you suggest going pure physical damage for bows or totem damage nodes in the skill tree?
IGN: Feelie
"
Feericks wrote:
Hi :D I'm liking the idea of the build so far, but due to the update there are more totem damage nodes. Would you suggest going pure physical damage for bows or totem damage nodes in the skill tree?
I'm not at my computer right now but I'll post a beta tree of what I am looking at doing. It takes both bow and totem damage nodes though :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Anyone tried this build since the changes?
"
Changeling wrote:
Anyone tried this build since the changes?
Yes. I am leveling with it ATM. I will be updating the build soon.
This has sort of been a pet build of mine for about a year or more. I was leveling with it as a Scion on Nemesis up to 72 (just died.)

I had a 5 socket Carcass Jack and Chin Sol and a mostly-complete build.

I've played the build before on Onslaught, Hardcore, and Softcore multiple times. For some reason this time around I found the totems survivability to be absolutely wretched, having to recast my totems way more often than I remember before. I had taken a few months away from the game (before the Scion released) so I'm not sure exactly what was changed but the build just felt way more frail without having the high dps or survivability to compensate for that frailness. The change to Auras seems really painful as well, it's unrealistic to run more than one Aura and still expect to have mana to spam your totems unless you have a 6L with a Blood Magic gem I suppose.

Basically the only upside to running this build right now is for the safety of not having to actually attack yourself which is why it has sort of been my default on the hardcore leagues. I'll probably be trying something different when I reroll, maybe go back to a Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact LA build or something if that's even still viable (seems most people are staying away from CI now though) so not really sure where to go from here.
IGN: Festerflight
Last edited by Mortox on Nov 15, 2013, 2:12:24 PM
"
Mortox wrote:
This has sort of been a pet build of mine for about a year or more. I was leveling with it as a Scion on Nemesis up to 72 (just died.)

I had a 5 socket Carcass Jack and Chin Sol and a mostly-complete build.

I've played the build before on Onslaught, Hardcore, and Softcore multiple times. For some reason this time around I found the totems survivability to be absolutely wretched, having to recast my totems way more often than I remember before. I had taken a few months away from the game (before the Scion released) so I'm not sure exactly what was changed but the build just felt way more frail without having the high dps or survivability to compensate for that frailness. The change to Auras seems really painful as well, it's unrealistic to run more than one Aura and still expect to have mana to spam your totems unless you have a 6L with a Blood Magic gem I suppose.

Basically the only upside to running this build right now is for the safety of not having to actually attack yourself which is why it has sort of been my default on the hardcore leagues. I'll probably be trying something different when I reroll, maybe go back to a Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact LA build or something if that's even still viable (seems most people are staying away from CI now though) so not really sure where to go from here.

I noticed this too, it's mostly ranged spells that wreck your totems. Freezing/chilling really sucks for them. I picked up all the totem HP nodes that I ran by and it seems to help a bit. I am doing catacombs and not needed to recast them unless it's a giant blue pack of freezing pulse guys.

I am uploading videos of game-play tonight and will be finishing up the revision as well and the guide will be 100% 1.0.1 updated by tomorrow morning. Just to let you guys know :)
Updated.
Making a bow templar on this build principle, will see how it goes! But I generally recommend this as a starter build to people, being the most inexpensive build I've ever found.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info