Season Three, Event 7: Descent

Had an awesome time and made it all the way to Forbidden Ruins? It was the Vaal Ruins area after the Skeletons. Made it to level 17 and had some pretty rad gear:

I really think Frozen Abyss is out of order for Difficulty. Its easily harder than the next three levels after it.
203 for first event ever participated in, and started playing PoE 2 weeks ago! :D

Did not get to use my chaos orbs/alch, i think if i had just randomly improved items, while moving between mobs, i could have made it to lvl 17. And i used too much time lvl 1-2 :/

Fun event! :D
And I hoped the layout was the same but no Freezing Abyss zone changed the layout, same with skeletal etc.
I think the statue area was also a bit different but not sure.

The random chests could drop better I wasted too much time in the statue zone because it was different I think.

This time I wrote down the chests, and I know which ones I certainly won't take next time.

Looks like the devs don't want us to skip but tell us skipping is required to win.

But how am I supposed to skip haste shit rares behind merv followed by 7 suiciders and merv has some by herself?

Despite the drops being fixed it seems the rolls are still random I got 2 21 corals from chest.
To me it seems even the white chests drop the same in the same looking areas.

Edit:
Till arach lair the areas looked the same.

"

I really think Frozen Abyss is out of order for Difficulty. Its easily harder than the next three levels after it.
[/quote]
The problem with this area is skipping. It's a pain in the ass because it's like the submerged passage with more and worse squirds.
The next 2 areas are really simple indeed.
After that it really depends on the rare dischargers.

The Ribbon area depends on your luck again.

Last edited by Hilbert on Jun 30, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
I had a stack of wisdom scrolls and NOTHING to use them on. Descent is fun but its even more luck based than regular 1hr races. If your luck sucks you are FUCKED past the statues it doesn't matter how "skilled" you are.

Now I will admit it seems I did pick up ONE med life flask I didn't equip though that really wouldn't have been much help. Only came close to dieing once by my own stupidity (not counting mervs area). Crafting mats I finished with 12 wiz scrolls, 4 armor scraps, and 2 blacksmith stones. That's it. Last race I had a handful of rares I couldn't use. Havent found a single superior gem in 2 races.

So yea GGG its a REALLY fun race I'm not even going to say its not. But please for the love of god figure out some way to make this less RNG based. More large chests, maybe an increasing rarity buff that resets when a rare drops.

I know some of you are going to say L2P or RNG is RNG and hey, I'll agree with you. I suck and my RNG sucks. I'm happy for you that your RNG is good so you can feel superior to others.
Ended up with level 10 Shadow.

1. Picked the wrong chest in Heart of Phrecia so had to restart about 6-7 minutes in.
2. Got delayed by rhoas in Lost Cathedral, a couple minutes lost.
3. Had to log out in Capricious Tomb since a bunch of champion Shock Nova shamans made me stuck in the doorway, getting shock-stacked, and my potions ran out.
4. Got stuck by like 20 minutes in Tomb of Statues as my dps was too bad to kill large packs of statues, and I had to run through the whole map around before finding the exit.

Gonna try it again, maybe I'll have better map layout luck.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Ran Duelist this time (Ranger last night). If anything, these signature races should show GGG which early skills/trees need work. :) Dual Strike + Cleave > Burning Arrow + Split Arrow, especially in something like this.

Took me until Skeleton Caverns before I got a Med Mana Flask, which kindof sucked, but I entered at L13 and made 2 levels in 5-7 minutes, which was pretty cool. Then I found out that 5 points was L16. Boo! :p I took too long on the Frozen Caverns, but I got into some nasty bottlenecks. I think I might try Witch or Templar next.
Last edited by CycloneJack on Jun 30, 2013, 12:35:07 AM
At first I intended to go with sword and shield on my ranger. I quickly discovered that wasn't going to be an option as I continued to get only bow support. I didn't manage to get any good gems (Power Siphon and Freeze Mine, thanks RNG), so I was bow until the end.

But it was a learning experience. I went out the evasion route to get defense in order to survive. I had a somewhat difficult time with the first stage, given the lack of AoE and slow movement and attack speed, so I thought it was a good choice. But in the end, physical enemies weren't much of a threat compared to the elemental enemies, at least up till the first Cruel area which is as far as I got. So it seems offense is the way to go.

Only got to level 12. :|

Spoiler

Edit: Oh, and I must have spent 5 minutes running around on the third level looking for the boss. Somehow I thought the arch just before the boss was the portal to the next area and it wasn't active because I hadn't killed the boss yet, so I ran back looking for it and wasted a bunch of time. I could have probably squeezed another level out if I hadn't been stupid.

And based on what gems the Marauder and Duelist get, it's no surprise that they dominate the leaderboards.
Last edited by StarlightGamer on Jun 30, 2013, 12:32:55 AM
I call bullshit on anyone at GGG getting mid 20s.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Witch's gems :
This is a big fail from game design.
Fireball and Summon Zombie ? Seriously ? Dunno if you can get more boring skill.

Second descent race, and i'm totally not having fun as a witch.
And i'm playing 80% normal events of day as a witch, and have tons of fun !

You should give us instead ( or adding ) ice nova / ethereal knives

Looking for an answer of GGG team !
I tried a summoner witch, I had lot of fun but minions are worthless, they get one shooted and cost way too much mana. Please fix;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info