high level content too easy

"
Melmak wrote:
I did sacrifice stuff, i had to in order to get to l67 maps. I got >90% quantity and rarity. Build is maruder with lightning strike, blood magic, resolute technique, templar elemental damage skills, iron reflexes, armor and hp regen nodes. I was able clear any map so far. Dunno bout l69 ones.

I wanted to start cutthroat char but it seems that theres no permanent league. I really like the game but it seems that theres not much more challange left for me before the pvp hits.

I know im overleveled for the content but since devs allow players to get to l99 there should be some stuff to do at those levels in my opinion.

That content is still in development, you're playing a real beta here. Of course there will stuff to do at those levels.

Try it with a different character if you want a challenge, Marauders are known for their survivability / easy mode play style.
"
TiltedAxis wrote:
The PVE in ARPG isn't supposed to be that difficult, people need to understand that, if you want challenge, play dota.

This is a plain faulty statement, where do you get this so-called information in the first place cause it is very smart-aleckly, yet you are pontificating an issue you are blind to which is even worse.

On the contrary, difficulty in aRPG's have always been pretty hard in hardest difficulty, and it seems that you haven't play D2, let alone Diablo 1, otherwise you wouldn't talk like that.

Edit: If one build type is felt so easy to play with a that big gap compared to others as it's viable of now, this means there is a serious balance problem in the first place, thus devs would be likely to find a solution regarding that problem wherever necessary, simple as that.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Aug 4, 2012, 4:30:43 PM
Try a map with CI xD. I bet you didn't try no regen maps as well. I'm sure there are many maps you wouldn't be able to beat.

Anyway you shouldn't expect any challenge when you are 70+ because there is no content for these levels. You can reach 99 because they don't want to put a cap, but the real cap is 70.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 4, 2012, 4:27:41 PM
Artificially picking a map that would be hard for you is absolutely laughable as an argument for a game not being too easy. The entire point of being able to reroll maps is to find mods that are good for your particular build, not ones that wold make it more difficult. You could also run naked to make it harder but that would be equally as stupid.
"
jackals1234 wrote:
Artificially picking a map that would be hard for you is absolutely laughable as an argument for a game not being too easy. The entire point of being able to reroll maps is to find mods that are good for your particular build, not ones that wold make it more difficult. You could also run naked to make it harder but that would be equally as stupid.

It is not any more ridiculous than a complaint about the lack of content within a closed beta test shortly before the introduction of more content.
...narf
"
jackals1234 wrote:

You're correct here.

I have to admit though, this game does have a lot of difficulty in a few places:

1) Making obscure builds. Cookie cutter builds like Ice Witch, Lightning Strike Marauder, and Poison Arrow Ranger are all pretty easy to make and play. Playing something like a trap shadow or a righteous fire duelist? That takes some skill to make work, and more skill to actually get to higher difficulties with.

2) Hardcore mode. The entire scope of the game changes when survival is your only emphasis. Builds become different. Skill choices become different. What places you farm, and what you allow yourself into become different. It's a whole different game.

3) Weekend/Event races. Those are a lot of fun, and really make you think when developing your build. I recommend you do those and enjoy.

Now you note, I dodged your complaint about End Game content being too easy. Here's the thing: those 3 are the end game. After your character has 80 Skill points and the best gear in the game, there is no real advancement. You're just so strong that you can overcome everything. Good job. You have "won" with that character. You can continue to farm with that character if you want, or you can try a new character. I recommend the latter.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
"
jackals1234 wrote:

It is not any more ridiculous than a complaint about the lack of content within a closed beta test shortly before the introduction of more content.

There was no complaint of lack of content, the complaint was lack of HARD content. And yes, i agree that is likely because Act 3 is not in yet and people are overleveled. That doesn't change the fact that any argument that suggests gimping yourself artificially to MAKE the content hard is silly, now or in 2 months when all the content is in.
"
jackals1234 wrote:
"
"
jackals1234 wrote:

There was no complaint of lack of content, the complaint was lack of HARD content. And yes, i agree that is likely because Act 3 is not in yet and people are overleveled. That doesn't change the fact that any argument that suggests gimping yourself artificially to MAKE the content hard is silly, now or in 2 months when all the content is in.

"
Melmak wrote:

I know im overleveled for the content but since devs allow players to get to l99 there should be some stuff to do at those levels in my opinion.

My response was targeted at more than just the first post.

Suggesting there be content for up to LV99 is, in fact, noting there should be higher level content.

...narf
Sounds to me like you're rerolling maps to make them easier.
Actually outleveled content is always easy... this was true with diablo II too. Getting the first Baal-Kill with a charakter at about lvl80 or so was really hard (not the bosses themself, but the chaos sanktuarium etc.). Once you got to level 95+ exspecially with some of the easier chars like a hammerdin etc. it was a walk in the park.

The problem with such a high amount of customization is the right balance. If you make it challanging for the cookie-cutter-builds then the game would be unbeatable for people not using one of the easier builds. So I would expect the game to be a bit easier if you use a certain build, since I guess it is balanced for the overall charakter which is most likely not perfect.

Actually the maps are some flexible kind of challange. And of course if you seek a challange you should try harder ones. PoE let's the players decide which kind of difficulties they want to face by using maps. And there is a difference between unbeatable and hard... bloodmagic would kill certain chars, much like CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info