high level content too easy

Im not avoiding hard maps... I played on most if not every maps that there are. (I certainly have not played at CI maps)
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
Melmak wrote:
I cant agree that wealth generation is most important. After some point game becomes boring no matter how wealthy you are if there is nothing else going on.

That's where PVP comes in. You generate wealth to own faces or simply keep up in PvP, or gear new odd builds for PvP.

Unless PoE constantly keeps releasing new PvE content like WoW does, PvE simply CANNOT be a long term challenging thing if you define challenge along the lines of 'deaths' or 'completing content'. It's just not possible.

Most people don't care about PvP. While I love PvP, I certainly don't give a rats ass about it in an aRPG.

And Chris has said that they hope to release a new act every 9-12 months. So they will be adding content like WoW.
"
Bones40 wrote:

The content shouldn't be balanced for some obscure, whacky build. The game should be balanced around better than average builds. Whether you achieve that through following a "cookie cutter" build guide, or innovating a new build, it doesn't matter. The game shouldn't be balanced for crappy builds, no matter how whacky.

Innovative builds don't have to be crappy. In fact, they should be more powerful than cookie cutter builds. If your whacky build finds the later difficulty levels too hard, it's time to go back to the drawing board, not time to ask the devs to balance the game around your crappy build.

You absolutely should need a good build to advance through the hardest content, whether it's cookie cutter or not.

I disagree.

Cookie cutter simply doesn't just mean "common", it also means common, easy, and effective. Let's face it, life regen ground slam/lightning strike marauder, frost witch, and poison/lightning arrow ranger are very cookie cutter. My sister, who doesn't games, could play with any of these builds, and she wouldn't have any trouble either.
The game wasn't built for cookier cutter builds only. It's built for a WIDE variety. If it was built to counter "Immortal" life regen marau, as i call them, frost witch and light/poison ranger then the non-cookie cutter builds won't even stand a chance.

I started playing the typical everyday marauder and was face palming everything. Got bored and decided to play evasive/armor hybrid melee shadow, my build right now. It was a completely different game. I don't just sit there and spam 1 attack endlessly while I watch my life regen from 10% to full in 2 seconds like before. Not even close. You can bet I'm using all 8 hotkeys and constantly paying full attention when surrounded.

Whacky builds aren't crappy. No, there are countless effective ones. It's just many non common builds don't facepalm things like the cookier cutters do.

I see no difference from you and an Crit Ice witch complaining about how easy the game is.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Aug 4, 2012, 9:04:15 PM
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
"
Bones40 wrote:

The content shouldn't be balanced for some obscure, whacky build. The game should be balanced around better than average builds. Whether you achieve that through following a "cookie cutter" build guide, or innovating a new build, it doesn't matter. The game shouldn't be balanced for crappy builds, no matter how whacky.

Innovative builds don't have to be crappy. In fact, they should be more powerful than cookie cutter builds. If your whacky build finds the later difficulty levels too hard, it's time to go back to the drawing board, not time to ask the devs to balance the game around your crappy build.

You absolutely should need a good build to advance through the hardest content, whether it's cookie cutter or not.

I disagree.

Cookie cutter simply doesn't just mean "common", it also means common, easy, and effective. Let's face it, life regen ground slam/lightning strike marauder, frost witch, and poison/lightning arrow ranger are very cookie cutter. My sister, who doesn't games, could play with any of these builds, and she wouldn't have any trouble either.
The game wasn't built for cookier cutter builds only. It's built for a WIDE variety. If it was built to counter "Immortal" life regen marau, as i call them, frost witch and light/poison ranger then the non-cookie cutter builds won't even stand a chance.

I started playing the typical everyday marauder and was face palming everything. Got bored and decided to play evasive/armor hybrid melee shadow, my build right now. It was a completely different game. I don't just sit there and spam 1 attack endlessly while I watch my life regen from 10% to full in 2 seconds like before. Not even close. You can bet I'm using all 8 hotkeys and constantly paying full attention when surrounded.

Whacky builds aren't crappy. No, there are countless effective ones. It's just many non common builds don't facepalm things like the cookier cutters do.

I see no difference from you and an Crit Ice witch complaining about how easy the game is.

I didn't say whacky builds are crappy. I said crappy builds are crappy. I don't have a marauder, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info