Running beta on the Mac?

Hey guys i just purchased the beta, and unfortunately its doesnt work on the mac, well
the file wont install.

I tired using crossover, but I got 3 different errors. I did do a search but everything seems a bit out dated.

Just wondering if there is any new info on support for the Mac?
Or if there is a way to play this game with certain programs similar to crossover?

Thanks for your input.

O and I'm running a 2011 Mac book air, 13 inch, Processor: 1.7 Ghz intel core i5
Memory: 4gb 1333 MHZ DDR3
Graphics: intel Hd graphics 3000 384MB
Last edited by Apexx on Aug 3, 2012, 5:10:24 PM
have you tried the unofficial mac client? You can find it in this board, it-s stickied (I think it uses wine, you can download everything already set up to run properly).
I apologize for my English.
Yes I found the thread thanks.

But honestly there is tons of pages to read through, and its a bit confusing.

Can anyone help me install this with easy steps?

I already have crossover installed is there a fix for the 3 errors, its the directd3 device error, plus the dxutcreate error and the 3d3 device was 0 or something like that.

Any way around this?
Last edited by Apexx on Aug 3, 2012, 5:31:10 PM
I don't have a mac so I'm not sure if this is right but you just need to download the file and run it:
"
So I have been working hard on a Mac port for Path of Exile using Wine. Now It is Available for download :)

The Wrapper is a Standalone Wine Wrapper, no need for any other software! When You download the app, just launch it and it sill install just like the PC version!

The Wrapper is 350MB Approximately, because it is standalone it has all the files needed to run the game built in!

If you have to update the wrapper (the file you download from that page) you have to do this:
"
To Update your Wrapper:
Right Click your Path of Exile.app file and view the contents.

Open Wineskin.app and Go To Advanced.
Select Tools and Open Winetricks

Look at the Posted changelog and install whatever is listed as being added.

Usually files and support libraries are added when crashes are reported and I find out what it is depending on, and what it is crashing from. So if it is crashing from sound and visual problems, I can usually find out what it is referring to and what it needs installed to stop the crash.
Ive went to the wine site, but I dont see any wrapper programs to download.
I download the newest wine version, but its all files and folders..

Ahhh this is so frustrating.. Can any1 please b more specific.

Thanks for al the help thus far
the download is in this topic in this forum: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29460

in the OP you will see an image with written in it "Download", below it there is a spoiler, click "show" and you will find the download links (there are a disk image and a zip file, decide which one you prefer and then click on of the links, the other are mirrors)
Why don't you use Bootcamp? I have tried all the alternatives, and bootcamp is by far the best option. You will se a clear improvement in performance. Even when you play games that runs on your mac (e. g. Diablo 3) they'll run better in Bootcamp.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
I was able to get it to work just fine using the instructions for the thread noted above.
I did have to go in an update the WINESKIN.app application at first but things have been running great since then.

Basically you want to pick one of the mirror sites, download the client from there with the wrapper, then follow the instructions. Install took probably 30ish minutes as the Allocating Space stage takes a while. But I have been using it since Sunday last week and it has worked fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info