[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

"
Asday wrote:
Yo I'm having trouble with this.

It's got nice DPS, clears fairly fast, but feels SO squishy.

I didn't notice anything wrong until I rolled nugi's incin build, and was smashing 66 maps at level 63, whereas the same maps would be dangerous to run with the bowbro.

Here are my equips:

I'm walking about with 3700 hp and 9000 armour with defensive auras, and it feels like I'm required to fire one split, run backwards fire another, etc.

Well when you think about it, the only real defenses in the game are life, armor, evasion, elemental resistance and block chance. Archers can't block and IR builds can't evade, but IR often gets more armor than pure armor builds. So that leaves you with life, armor and resists. Are your resists at 77%? If so, then look at your life and armor. 9k armor is more than enough for a ranged character. The problem is that your life is too low. If getting stunned is an issue, US should only be 5 points away so it may be worth the investment. I've never needed to run away with this build though. The life I get from LGOH was always more than enough to sustain my life while being attacked.

Aside from getting more life, my recommendations would be to get more lightning damage on your gear, and get a new chest. I see none of your gear has intelligence on it, so you're only using level 14 Wrath and no Anger at all. That's a big problem. This build needs high level Wrath and Anger. The difference between lvl 14 and lvl 20 Wrath is about 130 lightning damage. Anger adds 94-156 fire damage.

Also, I'd be amazed if Faster Attacks is giving you more dps than the WED gem. Though considering your aura situation, I may be wrong.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
hi....been following this build and so far so good...been facerolling and no deaths so far at lvl52 now...below are my gears..nvm the chest and gems on helm&boots its just for levelling(got a lvl69 6L chest for this)...still need to get a better bow,quiver and gloves with life on it

nice build.:)
Spoiler
Last edited by emray20 on Jan 15, 2014, 4:34:22 PM
"
"
Asday wrote:

I didn't notice anything wrong until I rolled nugi's incin build, and was smashing 66 maps at level 63, whereas the same maps would be dangerous to run with the bowbro.

Here are my equips:

I'm walking about with 3700 hp and 9000 armour with defensive auras, and it feels like I'm required to fire one split, run backwards fire another, etc.

Well when you think about it, the only real defenses in the game are life, armor, evasion, elemental resistance and block chance. Archers can't block and IR builds can't evade, but IR often gets more armor than pure armor builds. So that leaves you with life, armor and resists. Are your resists at 77%? If so, then look at your life and armor. 9k armor is more than enough for a ranged character. The problem is that your life is too low. If getting stunned is an issue, US should only be 5 points away so it may be worth the investment. I've never needed to run away with this build though. The life I get from LGOH was always more than enough to sustain my life while being attacked.

Aside from getting more life, my recommendations would be to get more lightning damage on your gear, and get a new chest. I see none of your gear has intelligence on it, so you're only using level 14 Wrath and no Anger at all. That's a big problem. This build needs high level Wrath and Anger. The difference between lvl 14 and lvl 20 Wrath is about 130 lightning damage. Anger adds 94-156 fire damage.

Also, I'd be amazed if Faster Attacks is giving you more dps than the WED gem. Though considering your aura situation, I may be wrong.

Yeah, I have a levelled anger and wrath lying about, and I chuck the determination/grace in when I feel threatened, which is like, always.

So, get some int, run full damage auras, and rechrome my bow to drop faster attacks for WED?
sigfault
"
Asday wrote:
"
"
Asday wrote:

Here are my equips:

Yeah, I have a levelled anger and wrath lying about, and I chuck the determination/grace in when I feel threatened, which is like, always.

So, get some int, run full damage auras, and rechrome my bow to drop faster attacks for WED?

Precisely :) And when you replace some of your lower quality items, try to see that the new items have as much life as possible. That is far and away #1 for survivability.
Can't the culling weapon be used with spectral throw? So u can cull from range?
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
"
Chickenlal wrote:
Can't the culling weapon be used with spectral throw? So u can cull from range?

Yeah of course it can. I use leap slam because I find it necessary to always have the ability to either leap slam or lightning warp. And I don't use LW on that character, so I need to use leap slam on my weapon swap for mobility. You can use whatever you want though.
I know this is a Split Arrow Build... but just a thought: U can replace it with RoA, switch Chain with Increased AoE and get Amplify node at Templer Area - u will do more damage but loosing the autoaim from Chain :)
heh, I just realized that I see you on the reddit chat sometimes Davos. I've been doing your build in HC for a while now, not sure if I thanked you for the nice build!

My gear other than the bow and a ring needs improvement, but I have a feeling that by the time this character is level 90 it will be quite strong! It definitely clears maps pretty easily right now, only up to lvl 70 maps atm though. Single target is pretty weak right now too. I'll have to try ele hit.

my gear at lvl 79

Spoiler

I wanna get me some thunderfists next, looks like those gloves should be perfect for this. But I don't have near the amount of currency in HC as a I do in SC. But I'm sure my guy landing in SC is inevitable...

And these are waiting in nemesis for this guy, just need patience...

Spoiler
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Last edited by AntonChigur on Jan 20, 2014, 3:52:43 AM
Hi,

I'm using your Elemental Split Arrow Build and I'm current level 74 having too much fun with it! Although, I have some questions. First of all, i really cant decide whether to take unwavering stance or not. I could sacrifice some life nodes and take it but dont know if it's worth or not. I would be happy if you can help me about it.

Another thing is I cant do maps with elemental reflect. I tried one and saw that I'm hitting myself way too much. This are my items by the way:
ITEMS

What should I do about reflect?
"
AntonChigur wrote:
heh, I just realized that I see you on the reddit chat sometimes Davos. I've been doing your build in HC for a while now, not sure if I thanked you for the nice build!

My gear other than the bow and a ring needs improvement, but I have a feeling that by the time this character is level 90 it will be quite strong! It definitely clears maps pretty easily right now, only up to lvl 70 maps atm though. Single target is pretty weak right now too. I'll have to try ele hit.

my gear at lvl 79

Spoiler

I wanna get me some thunderfists next, looks like those gloves should be perfect for this. But I don't have near the amount of currency in HC as a I do in SC. But I'm sure my guy landing in SC is inevitable...

And these are waiting in nemesis for this guy, just need patience...

Spoiler

Single target dps is the main drawback :( Having a max quality Frenzy gem is basically required for high level map bosses if you don't want the fight to drag on for two minutes. Elemental Hit is supposed to be even worse. I'm hoping they make single target bow attacks more viable in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info