[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

Hello, I am loving the build and I appreciate the time you put into it for us. I'm having some issues actually surviving. I don't completely have all my links set up (mainly a cast on damage taken) and currently working on 5 linking my bow. This is my current gear

Spoiler

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why not posting your Stats and Build? Gear looks good imo. Maybe u should get a quality LgoH gem cause i think it realy makes a Difference. Also use a Decoy Totem?
"
Raz0rblade wrote:
Why not posting your Stats and Build? Gear looks good imo. Maybe u should get a quality LgoH gem cause i think it realy makes a Difference. Also use a Decoy Totem?

My build is following his exactly, currently level 79.

stats are:

Life: 4210
Armor: 7142 / grace
Resists: 77% / Chaos -52%
Split Arrow DPS: 1723 (w/ Chain & 4 frenzy charges)
Frenzy DPS: 8952 (w/ 4 frenzy charges)
Only problems I see are that your life is pretty low and your SA dps is still low. Are you able to use all 3 auras yet? If you're not using either Anger or Wrath then your damage will take a huge hit. A quality LGOH gem would help a lot too. You really do need at least a 5L for SA. Once you get that and put in WED, your killing speed will increase drastically.

Also, what type of damage is typically killing you most often? Physical, elemental or chaos? Are you using Enduring Cry? Even if you only have 3 endurance charges, it will provide you with a flat 12% physical damage reduction. Are you using Immortal Call? It's not recommended to use with only 3 endurance charges, but if you use a 20% IC gem linked with a 20% Increased Duration gem, it will give you about 6 seconds of complete immunity to physical damage.

How often do you utilize Decoy Totem?
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Jan 11, 2014, 1:15:06 PM
Hello DavosTheOnionKnight, first of all thank you for your work on the build.

I am currently lvl 64 and honestly the build feels amazing to play. Having played an EK build for some time I feel the fact that this build does not require you to hold SHIFT 100% of the time is hugely underappreciated.

With this bow

and a medium amount of %WED and flat damage on gear and Tabula Rasa I have 2.8k SA dps and 7.4 frenzy on a 5L. Everything just melts :)

Here come a couple of questions though:

1. It seems to me that the 20% shock from static blows and the adjacent node are a substantial amount of the dps. That works great at the moment. I am a bit afraid that even with the guaranteed shocks with this build the relatively low damage per hit just wont produce shocks due to being below the damage threshold.

2. What is your opinion on The Taming? The 5% shock chance and the 10% damage per elemental status alignment seem huge to me. At least in my experience in 6 group in maps mobs that last longer than 2 seconds usually have ignite/chill/feeze, making this ring give a 40%-50% increased damage. Even in solo the extra shock chance seems useful. So how would you rate it against a ring with lets say good life, double ele damage and the odd resist?

P.S. Davos is one of my favourite characters from ASOIAF.
Last edited by Thunderarrow on Jan 12, 2014, 5:35:00 PM
Thanks Thunder! Davos is unquestionably my favorite character :)
I am actually playing an EK Scion Scion right now and interestingly enough I never hold shift with EK, but when I used Split Arrow I almost always held shift.

As long as you're using high level Wrath and have a combined total of at least 130 max lightning damage on your gear in addition to the WED gem and a total of at least 40% or so WED on your gear, your lightning damage per hit will be more than sufficient to stack shocks. There are certain mobs which may be difficult to shock in lvl 77-78 maps, such as magic golems as well as most rare mobs and bosses. But aside from that, if your attacks aren't shocking you probably need to try to get some more lightning damage.

Yeah, The Taming is great! Definitely use it if you can get your hands on it. I'd go so far as to say that it's close the best ring you can equip for this build, if you're willing to sacrifice life and some resistances. It does have resists though, so that's good. Damage-wise, you would need an absolutely amazing ring to top it. Additional shock chance is extremely valuable (even if it's only 5%, considering how many times per second you attack) and the Taming gives 30% WED as well as an extra 10% damage per shock stack. So yes I would definitely recommend using it if you have access to it.
I want to share my Build and Equip =)

Build:

Equip:
Spoiler

I got unlucky with the Bow.

400 Jewelers: no 6 Socket
180 Fusing: no 5 Link
370+ Chromatics: no 3red Sockets

Thats why im experimentating with Explosive Arrow for Single-Target. It seems higher effective DPS.

Otherwise im realy happy with my Duelist. I realy like the Gameplay Style - its relaxing compared to other Stuff i tryd. Doing L70 Maps atm. No problems if i dont roll Reflect + Resitence Debuffs.

My stats:

4200 Life
7600 Armor
93 Life regen
77 Allresist
-27 Chaosresist

3300 Split Arrow DPS
5900 Explosive Arrow DPS (does not include Explosion)

Suggestions whati i should do next are Welcome :) But im not sure if i want to put more Currency in Bow. Basicly i planed to exalting it after 5L hope for a IAS roll but im poor now.

Edit: nevermind Explosive Arrow. Played a bit arround, Frenzy still feels stronger.

Last edited by Raz0rblade on Jan 14, 2014, 3:07:06 PM
Thanks for your feedback Razor, I'm glad you're enjoying it! You'll be getting a big dps boost really soon once your auras hit level 19. Overall, your gear looks solid. Your bow has potential for greatness considering you still have 2 suffixes available. I really hope you can roll IAS on that. I'm not a big fan of Windscream considering they lack life, MF, and are very low on resistances and movement speed. But if you're putting double curses to work, then have at it! Are you using Enfeeble as your second curse?

I've never heard of anyone using Explosive Arrow with this build before. Nor have I thought of it myself. I never considered that it would work well without building specifically for it. What about Burning Arrow instead? Have you tried that? Considering your 3300 SA dps, I don't see how your Frenzy couldn't reach higher than 6k fully stacked, though perhaps your lack of a 20% quality Frenzy, a 5/6L and 4+ frenzy charges explains it. Have you ever tried using it with 4+ frenzy charges? Do you happen to recall what kind of dps you got with it once fully stacked?
"
Are you using Enfeeble as your second curse?

U can see my Gem Setup in the linked Items :) Yes im using Enfeeble, thats the Reason i pick theese Boots over others. I can feel a difference on no Curse maps, the second Curse is realy powerfull and triggers almost all Times

"
What about Burning Arrow

The Bonus u get from it (converted xx% of Physical to Fire/xx% increased physical Damage) does not work well if dont have a high phys DPS on Bow. I guess Frenzy is still the best Single-Target Skill for this Build. I have 7300+ DPS with it at 3 Charges. I did the Misstake going Skillpoint at Merciless Bandits cause i planed on using Elemental Hit. I think this one got a Nerf at some Point in past cause there is no way of dealing more Damage with it than with Frenzy (counting 3 Charges in).
Last edited by Raz0rblade on Jan 15, 2014, 9:50:55 AM
Yo I'm having trouble with this.

It's got nice DPS, clears fairly fast, but feels SO squishy.

I didn't notice anything wrong until I rolled nugi's incin build, and was smashing 66 maps at level 63, whereas the same maps would be dangerous to run with the bowbro.

Here are my equips:

I'm walking about with 3700 hp and 9000 armour with defensive auras, and it feels like I'm required to fire one split, run backwards fire another, etc.
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Jan 15, 2014, 1:25:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info