[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

if go high physical bow will this build works? lol just wondering cos i saw its better to have ele dmg
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Last edited by bodohspam on Jul 8, 2013, 8:24:21 AM
"
bodohspam wrote:
if go high physical bow will this build works? lol just wondering cos i saw its better to have ele dmg

Hmmm... Yes and no. It's not a good idea to use the Blood Magic passive if you're using a physical bow. This is because such a large part of the damage from a physical build comes from hatred aura which adds 25% or more of your physical damage to cold damage. But since Hatred reserved 30% of your mana, it's a very bad idea to use it with Blood Magic passive. The other big draw is the Added Fire Damage gem. Without this and Hatred, physical damage is lackluster. If you want to make a really effective physical Split Arrow build, you can more or less use the same passives as I use (without BM of course) and use the following gems:

1. Split Arrow
2. Chain
3. Life Gain on Hit
4. Added Fire Damage
5. Blood Magic
6. Weapon Elemental Damage or Faster Attacks
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Thought I'd post and let you know that I've been trying this build, I'm at L72 just now. Which do you consider better to have 6 linked? I have a 6 link bow:

However I can't afford a 6L chest just now, or at least not a decent one. I choose to link frenzy as I felt my single target DPS was holding my kill-speed back, however I wanted to know which you'd six link.

Great guide and really easy to use build. I find it really fun to play and extremely effective.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Hello I'm currently re-installing POE after a few months of not playing.
Thinking of starting up a bow duelist, and I'm torn between this build and Athena's LA duelist build. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268330

Now I feel like this build would be better since i'm a noob with no real wealth to speak of. I just wanted to make sure that this build is still viable and such (im sure there's been a lot of game changes lately that I wasn't around for)

Thanks ^^
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Hello I'm currently re-installing POE after a few months of not playing.
Thinking of starting up a bow duelist, and I'm torn between this build and Athena's LA duelist build. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268330

Now I feel like this build would be better since i'm a noob with no real wealth to speak of. I just wanted to make sure that this build is still viable and such (im sure there's been a lot of game changes lately that I wasn't around for)

Thanks ^^

I'll relate my experience, as I'm a noob as well. I started with Athena's LA build. While it felt more powerful than this one through Normal, mid-way through Cruel, I started running into huge mana problems (which are apparently typical of that build since it doesn't go BM until later).

I'm in the same place with this one and while it's not killing quite as fast, (which I think has to do with my gear), it's much easier (and more fun) to play. Ofc, YMMV.
"
infinityi wrote:
Thought I'd post and let you know that I've been trying this build, I'm at L72 just now. Which do you consider better to have 6 linked? I have a 6 link bow:

However I can't afford a 6L chest just now, or at least not a decent one. I choose to link frenzy as I felt my single target DPS was holding my kill-speed back, however I wanted to know which you'd six link.

Great guide and really easy to use build. I find it really fun to play and extremely effective.

That's a nice bow! The damage is a little low, but it has good attack speed and it's 6L. I'm glad you like the build and that it's working well for you :) I like it too. I'm not sure what you mean by your question though. Are you asking if it's more important to 6-link Frenzy or Split Arrow?

If that's what you mean, I think it really just depends. Personally, I'd go with Split Arrow. In level 76-77 maps, enemies have a ton of life. If a lvl 77 map has an Enfeeble or Elemental Equilibrium mod (which actually lowers your dps by more than Enfeeble) then you're really going to struggle to kill mobs in a timely manner. I'm usually fine if these mods aren't present on a lvl 77 map, but if they are, the killing is pretty slow. No doubt I need a new bow though; one that is 6L and has attack speed. I've been saving my currency and could probably buy the best thicket bow in standard league by now, but in all other maps I kill things so fast already that it's not a big deal to me.

Still, if I was to get a 6L right now, I'd probably use it for Split Arrow. I find that my single target dps is already more than sufficient for just about everything aside from the bosses for the two lvl 77 maps, which admittedly take a while to kill. And since you don't have 20% quality on your Frenzy, you'll need all the help you can get. Having quality on Frenzy provides a ridiculous boost to your dps. Each percent of quality gives 0.35% attack speed per Frenzy charge, which is 1.4% attack speed per quality point if you have 4 frenzy charges. 1.4 x 20 = 28% attack speed. That's almost 3 times as much as any other gem gets for its quality bonus (Split Arrow's quality bonus is only 10% attack speed at max quality).

It's hard to say which would benefit you more, just go with your gut I suppose. If your single target dps is lacking in comparison to your AOE, use Frenzy for your 6L.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
currently at level 30 and enjoying myself so far, split arrow feels way better than lightning arrow (and it's really satisfying to spam split arrow+fork+faster projectiles at mobs hah!)

are there any good places in normal to grind for rares? my gear is TERRIBLE. im still using things i found in the beginning of act 1.....

or should i just wait till Cruel Ledge and farm there? I'm not looking forward to piety at any rate, even on normal :s
Can you create a gameplay vid? I'm doubt to starting playing this build and want see in action/
P.S.: sorry for my bad english.
I'd appreciate a video too. I'm about to start an archer, but between this one and LAs.
Trying an adjusted version of this on onslaught, should be interesting.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAnEEswUtDH0OPA6tEH8UIBRNFHEWbxcdGNsZLhmFGbQaOB0UIWAkqiftKLUppSzpMgkyiTbpOlJAoEOcSn1QR1BQVElVxlYEVw1X4lhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGFSZp5noGe9cql07XTxd-V673zZhmCHdozPjX6PRpBVmy2boZ65ns2fy6IApwinMKeErKq3triTud2-p8APwBrGnsbYytPNmM9l0NDSIdJN1I_ZYd0N3sbfv-Nq51LqYuw47m_vDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj6sfrS_MU=
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
Last edited by QueenAtziri on Jul 11, 2013, 8:30:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info