[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

"
FireAtWill wrote:
"
Sebash6 wrote:
-With lioneye you can respec out from RT and use added fire damage gem, it scales amazing especially with split arrow (it has nice physical dps increase + lioneye has high physical dps). That would be much better to get higher ele dmg.

+ Also with lioneye you could take 18% increased physical damage, which imo is nice with lioneye bow + split arrow, it will convert more ele dmg.

And what about the 95% people who DON'T own a Lioneyes? Play Sporkers?

God I hate people that assume everyone owns, or can afford, that damn bow!

In his defense you can get one pretty damn cheap now! Like 2 ex or less for an unlinked one. And as cheap as 4 ex for a 5L.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
"
FireAtWill wrote:

And what about the 95% people who DON'T own a Lioneyes? Play Sporkers?

God I hate people that assume everyone owns, or can afford, that damn bow!

In his defense you can get one pretty damn cheap now! Like 2 ex or less for an unlinked one. And as cheap as 4 ex for a 5L.

To be fair, I have played PoE since opening of the beta, and I have never ever seen an exalted orb drop, although I could probably get some by selling some of my uniques.

So it is all the more appreciated to see a few actual builds not requiring at least 2 highly priced uniques and 30 respec points to become efficient.

To be honest, anything requiring more than 2 uniques and not effective before lv80 (meaning you have to play completely differently until lv80) should not be called a build, but more like build tweaking.

Anyway, great guide, it is quite boring to play, but a good build to play as a first character in a new league so you can amass some currency/uniques without spending any. Dual spork may be more efficient to do this but I'm fed up with witches and you need the Shavronne's chest to play maps with low life dual spork.
You think playing an archer is boring? o.0 I find this playstyle to be the most fun I've had with a character so far. I think playing a cleave build is slightly more engaging, but this is more effective and far safer.
"
You think playing an archer is boring? o.0 I find this playstyle to be the most fun I've had with a character so far. I think playing a cleave build is slightly more engaging, but this is more effective and far safer.

To be honest, i think that a cleave build is one of the most boring things that you can play. Sure you_re "melee" and with this comes a far more bigger risk, but still i think it is boring.

I play a quite similar Build to yours in the onslaught League - more life nodes pp. - and i'm now lvl 68. My question is, if i take static blow does it increase the tooltip dps? No, or?

I have now 1,3k DPS - 3 Frenzy Charges | I play with Enduring Cry and took the Charge from Oak - with my Split Arrow - 5L -. I'm not sure how to improve my gear in such an extend to reach 3k dps. Are you referring to your Tooltip DPS or to the chain calculated DPS?
IGN: ARGHWA
Last edited by GraveDude on Jul 6, 2013, 3:44:04 PM
"
GraveDude wrote:
"

To be honest, i think that a cleave build is one of the most boring things that you can play. Sure you_re "melee" and with this comes a far more bigger risk, but still i think it is boring.

I play a quite similar Build to yours in the onslaught League - more life nodes pp. - and i'm now lvl 68. My question is, if i take static blow does it increase the tooltip dps? No, or?

I have now 1,3k DPS - 3 Frenzy Charges | I play with Enduring Cry and took the Charge from Oak - with my Split Arrow - 5L -. I'm not sure how to improve my gear in such an extend to reach 3k dps. Are you referring to your Tooltip DPS or to the chain calculated DPS?

My tooltip dps is just over 3.1k with Frenzy charges. And no, Static Blows does not change the tooltip dps. The screenshot below is without Frenzy charges. Compare my elemental damage and attacks per second to yours to see where the difference is coming from.

DPS ain't really the same as damage done. As example SA + LMP = 4k DPS with 4 attacks per second. So you will you will do 1k damage per hit. I'm not sure if this helps you to think how it works but it's pretty simple. And as far as I know SA DPS is for single arrow, not all 6
Thought so.

I'm dumb. I had forgotten to equip my new ring and Belt - the only thing without Elemental Dmg is my ammy - and i have now ~ 2,2k Dps. That's fine for me. To be honest, even the 1,3k DPS on SA was satisfying.
"
GraveDude wrote:
"

Summoner is the one that bores me to tears (plus it's slooooow). FWIW, I'm enjoying this one so far -- more than I enjoyed LA.
I never seen a split arrow build before, looks interesting. I'll respect my unused lvl 65 ranger to give this a go.
"
dfscott wrote:
"
GraveDude wrote:
"

Summoner is the one that bores me to tears (plus it's slooooow). FWIW, I'm enjoying this one so far -- more than I enjoyed LA.

Oh yeah... i forgot about Summoners. I tried it once, well at the beginning i was spamming Raise Zombie until i reached a lvl where the slowness etc. pp. bored me to death.

I'm thinking about buying Wake of Destruction. There is no Movement Speed or Res on the Boots but my currently Boots have a lack of res too =) - still max capped in merci - and for the Movement Speed i could spend some Points in Movement Speed Nodes. The Damage Increase would be neat. A better option is Thunderfist, but i'm short in currency to afford 4ex-6ex for the Gloves. 15-1ex for Wake of Destruction is more reasonable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info