RG_PankO's Onslaught Cheap Farming Build - Low Life RF Spork without Shavronne's Wrappings

"
bluetaro87 wrote:
Panko, does the power charge on critical work without linking it to your spark totem?

In order to gain the power charges you have to cast a skill that generates them yourself.
The trick is to use Ice Spear - becuas it has +600% chance to crit, at longer range, and you support that skill with LMP/GMP - so you have higher chance to hit something, and then you add the support gem Power Charge on Critical Strike.
So what happens is that you crit quite often, doing 0 DMG, because of the Ancestral Bond passive node, but you gain a pwoer charge that will increase your critical strike chance -> your totem's critical strike chance -> your DPS.
"
Ewyna wrote:
How much max resist do i need to be able to sustain RF safely?

Didn't see your comment, sry!
So... when I switched to low life I had 3.4k ES with 60% Fire res, haha.
That being said you can sustain your ES with even 2k ES, most probably.
If it's a good idea its totally different question ;)

Go for atleat 150 ES on your helmet, 350ish on Chest, 100 ES on your gloves and you will be fine.

Also dont go before 60ish lvl, finish the act 3 Merc quests then start farming Docks.
Hi,
how can you sustain RF with that gear in the first post?
I switched my Springleaf out for a 450 Es Shield at lvl 71 but I am not able to sustain the burn anymore.
"
Yalaka wrote:
Hi,
I switched my Springleaf out for a 450 Es Shield at lvl 71 but I am not able to sustain the burn anymore.

Just a guess: Zealot's Oath with Vitality, Life-Regen passives, and a really high ES pool. I was thinking of doing something similar but I haven't tried it yet.

"
RG_PankO wrote:
You though should care about what I do so you can get better.

Not trying to take sides, but I couldn't help but laugh at the irony here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who's had multiple embarrassing deaths? Most recently from using a sapping mana flask =D?

Props for contributing your build and giving advice though, just having some fun.

IGN: Jihokinetic
"
Yalaka wrote:
Hi,

Springleaf gives you 6% Life Regenration. That is Huge.
With it I have 600 ES Regeneration, or so.
When you remove it to put your other shield you are losing that insane regeneration.

I found a 388 ES Shield that makes my ES up to 6.5k, with Springleaf I have 5k ES.
So with the 388 ES Shield I was barely able to sustain my ES. I was regeneratio naround 2 es a second.
The formula is like this:
You burn for 100% of your HP as fire dmg. So I have 700 HP and therefor I burn for 700 DMG per second, every second.
But I have 78 Fire ressitance therefore I burn actually for only 154 dmg per second (700 HP * (1 - 0.78) = 700 * 0.22 = 154)
And when you remove the springleafe you get just the regeneration from your Vitality Aura and the 1% from the Templar. That is 1% from templar and depending on the gem level, in my case, 1.4% So that is 2.4% Regeneration. 2.4% from 6.5k is 156. (Formula is 2.4% = 0.024 * 6500 = 156)
SO I DEGEN/Burn for 154 and I Regen for 156, the difference is Positive 2 - if I had for instance 6000 ES, not 6500, I was going to regen with the same Vitality level and the 1% from templar - 144, so I was going to DEGEN/Burn for 10 ES per second.
I hope I explain these formulas good enough so you can understand me.

And here are the numbers with my Springleaf on 5000 ES: I burn for 154 DMG, because of my 700 HP and 78 Fire ressistance, but I regen: 2.4(vitality + templar node) + 6%(Springleaf) = 8.4% * 5067 ES = 426 ES Regeneration per second.
And now we divide them to see the difference - 426 - 154 = 272 Actual Positive regeneration per second.

And here is an interesting fact. If you are getting DMG over time. And let's say that the fight that will bring you down to 0 ES from your 6500 ES, with the other shield, lasts 10 seconds, IF you/I were/was using Springleaf for these 10 seconds we were going to regenerate 10 * 272 ES = 2720 ES + the basic 5000 ES = 7700 ES!
So actually with Springleaf you have MORE ES then with a normal shield IF you dont get one shoted / burst damaged.

Well, a little bit long answer to your question but I hope I helped you a bit.

"
Jihoko wrote:
Not trying to take sides, but I couldn't help but laugh at the irony here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who's had multiple embarrassing deaths? Most recently from using a sapping mana flask =D?

Props for contributing your build and giving advice though, just having some fun.

Here's the thing. I died with 10 Ex of gear one a Freezing Pulser. Then on another one with 15 Ex. Then died with a Shavronnes on that -max chain map. Then with another Shav's on Caustic Pot. And now on Regular HC I have Kaom's Heart Pulser with 5l Taryn's Shiver.
With that guy we were talking about how to farm currency / get ingame wealthy. I Obv. know some trics that most people don't.
Check the first post, my current ingame wealth on Onslaught is 6 Eternal orbs, 6 Exalted orbs, 15 GCP, 80 Chaos, 93 Chisels and other shit.

I don't find any of my deaths embarrassing. I look at them as hard learned lessons. In Bulgaria we have this people's word (a little bit hard to translate to ENglish but it should be something like): Don't ask an old man. Ask the guy who suffered.
So I am pretty sure that there are still people who don't know that you can die with a Caustic Potion. I myself was one of them untill a few weeks back. But now I know and msot ptobably wont forget it. Not to mention that #1 on Onslaught died with Caustic Potion, don't know if you are awate of that. Was his death Embarrissing? Especially after I died like that a few days before him?

For me Embarrissing is only... something that you do with your full awareness and it is not right. And by right I mean moral right.
Take care my friend!
Last edited by RG_PankO__ on Jun 18, 2013, 1:41:15 AM
Got all 3 uniques, been wanting to try an RF build
For the longest time but didn't have the gear for it.
Thanks for sharing this!
If you can't control it, STOP.
this may sound like a noob question, but how exactly do you get your health to be >30% ?
do you just blood magic aurus?
"
kicksome wrote:
this may sound like a noob question, but how exactly do you get your health to be >30% ?

Yes usualy you blood magic an aura or two. If you have the Malachai's Simula Helm, you can blood magic at no penalty (the blood magic gem has a multiplier of 2-2.5) and usualy then, you blood magic two 40% auras without Red mana (You could Blood magic three 40% auras if you have a leveled Reduced mana gem) which drops you to low life. The remaining auras can be ran on your mana
"
Lydrica wrote:
"
kicksome wrote:

Yes usualy you blood magic an aura or two. If you have the Malachai's Simula Helm, you can blood magic at no penalty (the blood magic gem has a multiplier of 2-2.5) and usualy then, you blood magic two 40% auras without Red mana (You could Blood magic three 40% auras if you have a leveled Reduced mana gem) which drops you to low life. The remaining auras can be ran on your mana

cool thanks for the reply. So I was correct in saying that low life is =< 30% ?
"
kicksome wrote:
"
Lydrica wrote:
"
kicksome wrote:

cool thanks for the reply. So I was correct in saying that low life is =< 30% ?

Low life starts at 35%

To achieve the best of using Malachai's Simula or The Covenant, you need to run two 40% auras linked with a lvl 7 reduced mana.

You hit exactly 34%, so you can keep as much light radius as possible, while being in low life

Bye

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info