Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

CI crit dagger with 12k armor http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/530507
When do Shrine or Crema, feel free to swap Determination for Purity before boss fight. You're welcome
With 12k armor I can do up to double reflect + vulnerability solo and double reflect in party with A LOT of caution but it's doable. And the most important thing is I don't get killed by virtually any physical hard hitting boss, even with vulnerability on.
A shadow can easily adjust the tree to reach Templar Body % soul clusters for armor without sacrificing enough damage to be concerned about
But I think I've said enough. Easy to build isn't necessarily equal to effective and we know it.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Oct 2, 2013, 12:11:16 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
CI crit dagger with 12k armor http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/530507
When do Shrine or Crema, feel free to swap Determination for Purity before boss fight. You're welcome
With 12k armor I can do up to double reflect + vulnerability solo and double reflect in party with A LOT of caution but it's doable. And the most important thing is I don't get killed by virtually any physical hard hitting boss, even with vulnerability on.
A shadow can easily adjust the tree to reach Templar Body % soul clusters for armor without sacrificing enough damage to be concerned about
But I think I've said enough. Easy to build isn't necessarily equal to effective and we know it.

Why we are even arguing?Your build is completely different and it is a reave build not a flicker one.With your tree flicker would never work,since u dont have frenzy charges,and with 170 intelligence and no mana passives it would be impossible to sustain flicker+multistrike.For my case going to the templar area doesnt work,i have tried it.I am level 87 and on best case scenario,where i dont give up defence or accuracy,i gain 8% ES and 60% armour,and i lose 25 mana(very significant),50% crit chance,10% attack speed and 16% physical damage.Not a good trade off,if i ever have some godly hybrid gear i might consider it.BTW very nice build u have there :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
double post
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Oct 2, 2013, 12:53:47 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

I didnt say you cant do reflect, I said it can still kill you even with armor and charges, if you dont focus also on your es pool and leech. Thats the most important thing, to not die to one reflect before you even heal because the reflected dmg is too huge, and to heal enough afterwards so the net sum is a positive one.

You hit for max 30k on a crit (first conc effect s/s), double reflect is 0.35 of that so 10500, this after 12k armor is 9555 ... equivalent to 2 endurance charges reduction ... then you said vuln too? Yeah, more armor than a granite is worthless vs reflect on these builds. Better cycle charges / warlords / IC. Dont even know how you do double reflect, when math shows it would kill you.

To make use of armor % nodes, you need the armor / evasion gear to scale off in the first place = sacrifice es, and / or points to get to IR.

The other thing about armor and this build is, its got crazy dmg and thus leech, and its instant with vp, and therefore the only monster physical dmg posing a problem to you is crazy map mods + their bosses, and poorjoys asylum, where you are better off using enduring cry and 4-5 charges because the damage is soooo huge, that you need lots more armor to mitigate it very well. My opinion and 2 cents on the matter. I would rather improve my es pool than get armor nodes.

Of course you get purity vs megaera, you'd be a madman not to. May I remind you it was you who said this ''Regarding 75% vs 79% resistant, who care? Ele damage pretty much doesn't affect game play.'' --> Make up your mind.
Last edited by mvm199 on Oct 2, 2013, 1:40:26 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0FtQzyDkgQexGWFdcWvxzcHhonqSgqKjgquisKLL8wVEGHRnFHBlZjVupW9V9qY0NwUnBWerh943_GgseGrofbiEKQG5MnlSCX0JlXmhOdo6XLpn-nNK6TsbO0DLTFtUi5Pr46wFHBAMHFwuzDbdeG2xrbbtvU44TsGO1B8uHz6vVL_Kv_k35ZrGbYdizhjoq3PsauPC18u548TdiMdsT2J-2sqlnzmG-SfcAaZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncTlz_Nx6f65fKKjD8Tcxzt8WqY9DySLuMo=
You'll gain 96% armor with minimal sacrificing of damage, if there's any at all. Despite of having less Int and mana nodes, I actually have 700 mana because of Dream Fragment. It brings up another interesting issue: your rings don't really add much DPS and 1 of them could be replaced with a Dream fragment for freezing immunity and mana. 1 Less frenzy charge will not change anything since you focus on damage per hit/crit to maintain charges. Flicker strike paper DPS is very inflated with attack speed which does nothing for that purpose. Although LS can work wonder against reflect, the fact that you have 0 armor almost renders LS useless in that department without granite.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0FtQzyDkgQexGWFdcWvxzcHhonqSgqKjgquisKLL8wVEGHRnFHBlZjVupW9V9qY0NwUnBWerh943_GgseGrofbiEKQG5MnlSCX0JlXmhOdo6XLpn-nNK6TsbO0DLTFtUi5Pr46wFHBAMHFwuzDbdeG2xrbbtvU44TsGO1B8uHz6vVL_Kv_k35ZrGbYdizhjoq3PsauPC18u548TdiMdsT2J-2sqlnzmG-SfcAaZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncTlz_Nx6f65fKKjD8Tcxzt8WqY9DySLuMo=
You'll gain 96% armor with minimal sacrificing of damage, if there's any at all. Despite of having less Int and mana nodes, I actually have 700 mana because of Dream Fragment. It brings up another interesting issue: your rings don't really add much DPS and 1 of them could be replaced with a Dream fragment for freezing immunity and mana. 1 Less frenzy charge will not change anything since you focus on damage per hit/crit to maintain charges. Flicker strike paper DPS is very inflated with attack speed which does nothing for that purpose. Although LS can work wonder against reflect, the fact that you have 0 armor almost renders LS useless in that department without granite.

Due to the nature of the build (this one), anything more than a granite or charges is useless.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

Dream fragments has No accuracy,so it is a no no for me(only situation uses).With this tree from a defense perspective i lose 2% ES,a ton of mana,10% block,60% defences from shield,which BTW increase my ES more than ES passives and i gain 96% armor(resistances dont count for me since i cap them).
Offence i gain 40% more crit chance and i lose 80 dexterity,10% accuracy(already the extra crit got screwd abit),34% physical damage,37% attack speed,30% multiplier/.Attack speed is as significant as for flicker as any other attack,not to mention that u have more frenzies to consume.
So basically for 96% increased amour i make flicker unusable,unless i use dream fragments,which means i lose accuracy= crit chance+hit chance,and i lose ES,block and alot of damage.
Why can't we just say that different builds serve different purposes and done with it.I hate arguing,especially with someone that has build such a nice character
For a reflect map, swap out one physical gem for added fire and concentrated effect for increased AOE. Cycle endurance charges on every pack, endurance charges + granite on double reflect pack, endurance charges + granite + frenzy to kill the double reflect rare on double reflect + vulnerability situation.
The disadvantage of wearing Vaal is that you're tied to using 1 or 2 builds, the color preset rate isn't fit for CI melee so you will likely spend a ton of orb if you're the experimenting type. Although nobody complains on this forum, the pain is there. I know, I felt it. Also, if you want high DPS, dual crit gem gives less bonus damage than most other gems like added fire, conc effect, phys damage on full life. Take crit damage for an example. 20% Q crit damage gives 225% crit multiplier. Assuming you have 700% crit multiplier from tree and gear which is very common in this thread, 225% crit multiplier is just a little over 30% increase. 20% added fire is 40% increase. 20% Q crit chance gives even less. All calculations considered, you will gain DPS for not using crit gems. And plus, high physical crit damage = high reflect damage.
The build I posted does not only come with high base armor with determination, it also comes with 96% armor increase to push 3000 granite armor up as well as over 4k base armor to benefit from 100% iron skin. Every bit counts.
When I said ele damage doesn't affect gameplay much, I didn't mean to say ele damage doesn't hurt. It doesn't affect gameplay because ele resistance is a straight up, easy to cap, percentage. It's not as nearly tricky as armor so I can't see spending extra effort on mitigating ele damage while letting your armor stay at a constant 0 justified. I believe every extraordinary obstacle, in this case, phys reflect, can be overcome with extraordinary effort.
"
Poutsos wrote:

Offence i gain 40% more crit chance and i lose 80 dexterity,10% accuracy(already the extra crit got screwd abit),34% physical damage,37% attack speed,30% multiplier/.Attack speed is as significant as for flicker as any other attack,not to mention that u have more frenzies to consume.
So basically for 96% increased amour i make flicker unusable,unless i use dream fragments,which means i lose accuracy= crit chance+hit chance,and i lose ES,block and alot of damage.
Why can't we just say that different builds serve different purposes and done with it.I hate arguing,especially with someone that has build such a nice character

I simply don't think it will become unusable. For 4 reasons
1/ Your damage is a lot higher than you need, already
2/ Attack speed, for flicker, inflate the DPS by a large margin. More attack speed doesn't make you hit harder, which in turn result in more charges regenerated. As chaotic as flicker can be, I doubt you can tell if you lose 37% attack speed.
3/ You said you don't use Abyssus anymore. If you build up your armor, chances are you can use abyssus again. The helm gives 50-55% more DPS and will single-handedly make up for every offence node you lost. If I hit granite, my armor will be 31k. It is something, even when Abyssus is in place
4/ Your comparison is a bit skewed, you'll lose only 10% crit multiplier. Have you accounted the strength increased which result in more phys damage?
Also, you already have more dex and accuracy than you will need. I guarantee if you lose the sapphire ring you will be boosted back to as low as 85% hit chance which is about 2.2% dps loss. There's simply a lot more you can do with Dream fragment than 2.2% dps.
Thank you for your compliment on my build. I'm not trying to preach to anyone. It's just the steps that I'd take if I play flicker myself and I fact I would be playing to post up some vids. Flicker is just very taxing on my mental health. My dagger was used by a guy posted in this thread when he reached 378k DPS with flicker strike. In fact, your thread gave me inspiration to build a dagger character due to the extremely high DPS nature. I just took a different path by using hybrid armors and saw myself doing quite well against reflect.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Oct 2, 2013, 5:03:47 PM
Dunno what you guys are arguing about but I'll have to read it later.

I gave in and respecced so I can survive reflect easily. I don't even have a quality blood rage yet.

Still just under 100k dps (aoe) and when solo kill piety instantly.

Did a few physical reflect maps and just spammed flicker and stayed full health.

Main thing I suppose was dropping Abyssus and those extra crit multi nodes up by CI. Went from 1150 crit multi to 750. I'm still 90% crit chance with charges going, which is always since I use power charge on crit in my flicker links. I love being able to rely on almost every single hit critting. I'm still at 90% accuracy too.

Trying to get a better ES helm and once I do I'll be about 7000 ES and 50% block. (I also took the 3 block passives by Ghost Reaver.

Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Oct 3, 2013, 7:55:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info