Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
Poutsos wrote:
"
G1deon wrote:
"
didevol wrote:
Then it wouldnt be a flicker/bloodrage build.

HP/IR/7Frenzy/Blood Dance should work amazing. Up to 10% hp regen.

U have a point.Of course the tree will look vastly different and i don't know how it will turn out,and of course no vaal pact.It is an interesting idea

exactly, what i mean was taking your concept of a primarily offensive dagger build while taking out its CI aspect, might actually try it, only problem is i dont really have hp stuff atm, and my main is CI, could borrow his dagger and uniques tho :D
I can't experiment on it right now, but have you tried removing chayula? I know it's a CI melee build, but I just wonder what would happen if you go do maps without that thing. multiflicker builds get hit a lot less, compared to other melee builds, especially at very high attackspeeds, though to be honest, it sounds unlikely.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
Cycah wrote:
I really like this topic, you dont have a awesome build but this gameplay seems very fun

how do you manage the mana

Thats the point of this build :) fun gameply.Still the build can be pretty tanky cause i ve taken many ES nods.My choice of equipmet that focus on DPS much more than survivability is what makes it somewhat glass cannon.It is true however that in this game DPS builds are not as viable as tank builds,but i am always amused by this simple fact:Ny build has 55 points dedicated to offence and 38 points towards defence(i am counting the +10 useless nods as offence/defence depending to where they are leading) meaning roughly 44% defence and 56% offence,and this is considered unbalanced.Meanwhile looking at HvRs build or kripps build or other top player's builds,taking 90-95% defence and 5-10% offence, and this is considered perfectly balanced :P.Anyway i am not complaining,thats how it is,i choose the build cause i like the gameplay as u mentioned,and i definetely not recommend it if u dont wanna die.A small desynch or being abit slow on a 70+ map and u are dead,but thats the fun ;D.
As for mana,beleive it or not,the 2% mana leech is enough BUT if i use melee splash i do get mana issues and usually have to turn off either hatred or purity.If i had more mana regeneration on my gear i wouldnt have problems though.Using multistrike is also ABSOLUTELY essential since ur mana is regenerating while these 3 attacks are perfomed.I also think that with a faster dagger i might face problems as well,but i already have 7.5 attacks per second,so a faster dagger and more speed is just overkill,and it will get u desynced even more(if thats even possible :P).I can not stretch out enough,for this build,how much more important is having a dagger with beasty damage per hit,rather than a dagger with equally high DPS or even abit more with higher speed and lower damage per hit.With multistrike on all ur attacks and 5-6 frenzy charges the attack speed is already rediculous.Remeber the main attacks are flicker strike that gains 15% increase attack speed per charge,and frenzy that gains up to 18%,depending on the quality,increase attack speed per charge :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 17, 2013, 8:52:43 PM
"
Budzergo wrote:
dunno how many times this has been posted, but you know blood rage quality is extremely glitched right? quality can pretty much can only be used for boss 1v1s.

(if you kill something and the duration refreshes you lose the life leech bonus from quality)

Luckily,this have been fixed :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
enveratise wrote:
I can't experiment on it right now, but have you tried removing chayula? I know it's a CI melee build, but I just wonder what would happen if you go do maps without that thing. multiflicker builds get hit a lot less, compared to other melee builds, especially at very high attackspeeds, though to be honest, it sounds unlikely.

It is suicide.Chayula is ABOSULETELY essntial.It is true that while flickering u are harder to get hit,but u still do.And part from being dangerous it is a HUGE buzzkill getting stunned while u are on a total faceroling ecstasy(and eventually getting desynched,hitting nothing but air while watching ur ES falling and eventually die in pain and agony :P).It is usefull to keep a great Multiplier/crit chance amulet though,for PvP against casters.It is fun watching their 10K es geting drained in 1-2 hits and laughing at their 70 exalted equipment :P.Of course a tanky blocker can destroy u with the same ease.hehe
"
swizzleigh wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:

U have a point.Of course the tree will look vastly different and i don't know how it will turn out,and of course no vaal pact.It is an interesting idea

exactly, what i mean was taking your concept of a primarily offensive dagger build while taking out its CI aspect, might actually try it, only problem is i dont really have hp stuff atm, and my main is CI, could borrow his dagger and uniques tho :D

Actually a build like mine,but life based with blood dance,6-7 frenzy charges,abyssus and kaoms heart might actually be rediculously powerful.Even on a 4L flicker strike can deal rediculous damage.U wouldnt even need iron rflexes with rediculous amounts of life/life regeneration/life leech,but if u are going to the duelist area it is propably gonna be on your way.Of course this is for rich players,i could never get a kaoms :P

BTW:Is there a fucking multiquote on this forums???I hate the fact that i have to d 3 different posts

Edit:i abused the word riculous rediculously :P
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 17, 2013, 9:06:59 PM
"
raqxi wrote:
i specced into vaal pact while i was still life based with my duelist. it was horrible.

this is something closer to a viable build, maybe:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZJd8b-qQZWNtT35uDdO1672BLBS1AoO9OKLVgiGFSn8syCSFgdPEshVoaGNtDnA6trK8UdXRBVvruDhrb-WO95j7PUUeNvwW1DPKlyzY9tMWX0Fb1uT7bbn3jiGvjhPDZSTtyfsBRcNVwUg5IpzQRlp2j_KtW6gV9f8bBxYhCkBtwVpoT29R-Waxm2HYs4Y6KTGAk_edU1QAEsZVmqriqf419I_bv8FpIFfA6WAR-hxkppTrthO_rFM3qJ6miLlBCjDZabSQ8p1xJUdfLt9M94lVLbXsmlejWmyYyAbIZz3qeubVI

the crit and dagger nodes are necessary (unless you want to go 2h, which is certainly something to consider). the amount of life is actually pretty decent. not sure about the whole IR/US thing though. Evasion might be a viable choice now.

Anyway, i ran something close to this for a while with blood dance, and running blood rage was no issue at all thanks to massive regen while shooting things, and flask regen if there's nothing around.

This seems like a very nice build,but most likely none of us will get to level 100 to utilise it :P
I'm right now leveling this character and loving it. The damage is radiculous (however I'm only in Act 2 Cruel). I would like to ask you:

1) What do you think about using Alpha's Howl instead of Abyssus? Gives you nice aura bonuses as well as cannot be frozen status at a cost of DPS of course.

2) What do you think about linkig frenzy to melee splash in a 4L item and using
. I am currently using double strike+faster attacks+meele physicl damage+melee splash and I'm absolutely obliterating all foes. The AOE radious with this amulet is gorgeous not mentioning other bonuses which combine nicely with this build. However the 50% ES reduction is probably too much to handle on high level maps.
Last edited by Sidhee on Jul 19, 2013, 1:39:12 AM
"
Sidhee wrote:
I'm right now leveling this character and loving it. The damage is radiculous (however I'm only in Act 2 Cruel). I would like to ask you:

1) What do you think about using Alpha's Howl instead of Abyssus? Gives you nice aura bonuses as well as cannot be frozen status at a cost of DPS of course.

2) What do you think about linkig frenzy to melee splash in a 4L item and using
. I am currently using double strike+faster attacks+meele physicl damage+melee splash and I'm absolutely obliterating all foes. The AOE radious with this amulet is gorgeous not mentioning other bonuses which combine nicely with this build. However the 50% ES reduction is probably too much to handle on high level maps.

Hey there,i am glad that u like the gameplay:)
1)Abyssus has 2 advantages.First gives the most ridulous DPS increase than any other item for a crit melee build,second it is easy to get 3 reds and 1 green which is the best colour combination for frenzy/flicker strike.About alpahs howl:It is an awasome item but i wouldnt use it.If i was not to use abyssus i really beleive that the best option is to have a 350+ ES helmet which would give a large amount of ES(pre nerf over 1K,i dont know how much now)+resistances+accuracy.Of couse an item like that is hard to find and would be expensive.With freeze if u have good reflexes u wont have problems cause u can dispell frozen with a potion.Even so,if u do need an antifrozen item,it is better to use an ES helm and dream fragments,rather than alphas howl and accuracy ring.A ring could never give 300+ES.
2)I use frenzy wih melee splash :).It is linked like that:frenzy,melee damage on full life,melee splash,multistrike,and the tooltip DPS is 30K.I always use a melee splash,either on flicker strike or freny depending on my needs.The problem with flicker strike is that if i wanna use melee splash,the mana cost is high and i have to turn of either hatred or purity to not have any mana issues.I do it generally on easier maps that i want to clear faster.About that amulet,if u play on standar U HAVE to use eye of chayula.I generally dont think that daresos salute is a great item,since u lose alot of ES and the melee bonuse is "increase" not more,which means that it is great but not HUGE.Also frenzy is superior to double strike in my opinion when u have 5 frenzy charges,let alone 6.Not only it helps u gain frenzy charges quickly without having to kill someone when u need them,but with all the charges it has higher DPS than double strike and it has a great bonus with quality.Hope this helps :D
So I finally started using my 5l today and flicker is up to around 16k.

Here's where I'm at right now

Skill Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Helmet is temporary, until I find a better ES or can afford an Abyssus.

I'm currently working towards Vaal Pact and then CI.
Any suggestions on where I can take my build from here, to increase DPS?

Also, I'm trying to get a rough idea of how much DPS Abyssus really adds, can you tell me your current DPS with and without it?
Last edited by Karnageddon on Jul 20, 2013, 2:58:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info