Nitti gritty about Jewelers and fusing orbs

"
Jewsdid911 wrote:
"
GGG has not published official numbers one how rare different socket configurations are. There have been a few threads where users try to estimate the probabilities. If you're curious then just run a forum search. For example, if I remember correctly, it's estimated that the chance of rolling a 6L with Fusing Orbs is about 1/300.

This right here made me quit the fucking game.

Poor baby.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
I do know that you can have 5 sockets on a level 5 bow. I have one. Found it that way. If I had to guess, I'd think that the level of the person using the orb is what limits the number of sockets.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
A small special rule for jeweler's and fusing orbs is that they're guaranteed to always roll a different socket/link configuration than what's currently on the item. That means you'll never waste one of these orbs by getting the same configuration in row.

Which unfortunately doesn't mean anything in the long run, since you could throw 500 orbs at something and wind up with the exact same configuration at the end.
"
Supernaut6 wrote:
I do know that you can have 5 sockets on a level 5 bow. I have one. Found it that way. If I had to guess, I'd think that the level of the person using the orb is what limits the number of sockets.

I think what you have there is a bow with a level requirement of level 5, but has a much higher item level. The item level is not the same thing as the level required to equip an item. Item level is determined by the level of the mob it dropped from (same level as the area for white mobs, up to two levels above for rare/unique mobs). You can find out the item level of any item by picking it up with the cursor and typing "/itemlevel" in the chat box.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
already blew 300 fusings on my astral plate still no 6 link.

lol dis game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info