Nitti gritty about Jewelers and fusing orbs

1)
orbs of fusing, does anyone know if they are 100% random from ALL the legal possibilities, or do they have any skew as what kind of results they give.
I think this is the number of legal possibilities that can happen when using an orb of fusing (I think I might be off on the 6 socket one a few).

Assuming never cross diagonally, 4L only use all the bottom or all the top = that in a 6Link you will never see an L shaped 4 link only an inverted C. and that 5L only uses top.

sockets| possibilities
2 2
3 4
4 11
5 18
6 49

But what we can see is that you have roughly a 1/50 equal random chance of when using a fusing on a 6 socket item to have all sockets linked, 2/50 to have 5L, and 2/50 to have 4L, so we have a 5/50 chance of getting nice linkings if it is random from legal possibilities.

Yes, you always have to pray to the RNG gods when using, as we all have personal cases of shier stupidity (like using 9 fusing to try and link a 3 socket item all the way..grr)

--
2)
Does anyone know if jewelers orbs have any skew in them? If an item can have 4 sockets, I’d expect to have a 1/5 chance of getting all 4 sockets.

--
3)
The linking done by a *jewelers* orb – is it as if a fusing was then used on the item after number of sockets gets ‘randomized’ or does it have any other behavior?
The probabilities for jeweler's and fusing orbs are artificially set by GGG for game balance. The chance of getting a 6L with a fusing for example is somewhere around 1/300.

The number of sockets and the number of links is also limited by the level of the item. For example, an item must have an item level of almost 60 before it's even allowed to have 6L.

A small special rule for jeweler's and fusing orbs is that they're guaranteed to always roll a different socket/link configuration than what's currently on the item. That means you'll never waste one of these orbs by getting the same configuration in row.
Forum Sheriff
bump..

ok, so it isn't just the 1/options for fusing.. any way to get these numbers that GGG sets? are they posted anywhere?

and still have no answer about jewelers ?
just used a stack of orbs trying to get an item that i KNOW can have 4 sockets with no success.

So if anyone, either user or GGG, has more info that would be great.
"
tpapp157 wrote:

A small special rule for jeweler's and fusing orbs is that they're guaranteed to always roll a different socket/link configuration than what's currently on the item. That means you'll never waste one of these orbs by getting the same configuration in row.

Is that only from one roll to the next or does it keep track of all rolls done? For example if I roll 300 orbs on a 6 socket item I would be guaranteed 6L at some point as the options for non-6 link would have run out ?
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
"
karaknic wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:

Is that only from one roll to the next or does it keep track of all rolls done? For example if I roll 300 orbs on a 6 socket item I would be guaranteed 6L at some point as the options for non-6 link would have run out ?

It only prevents the current configuration from being rolled. Otherwise it's an independent roll so there are no guarantees.
yes, but what about jewelers orbs giving a number of sockets?
I have noticed that getting a higher number of sockets happens much less, but does anyone know how much less?
as in, i have an item that can have 4 sockets, one would think that ROUGHLY using 4 jewelers orbs i would get to having 4 sockets...

so if an item can have 4,5,6 sockets, what is the chance of getting the max number of sockets ?
GGG has not published official numbers one how rare different socket configurations are. There have been a few threads where users try to estimate the probabilities. If you're curious then just run a forum search. For example, if I remember correctly, it's estimated that the chance of rolling a 6L with Fusing Orbs is about 1/300.

Rolling four sockets with jeweler's isn't too bad. It does take much more than four orbs though. Of course, because it's random, there's no guarantee your experience will follow the probabilities. You may get lucky and get what you want on the first roll or you may get unlucky and it can take dozens of rolls.

"
karaknic wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:

This is only from one roll to the next. I've heard of people spending 500+ fusing orbs trying to get a 6L (and of course people that roll a 6L almost immediately).
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Aug 12, 2012, 9:53:52 AM
"
The number of sockets and the number of links is also limited by the level of the item. For example, an item must have an item level of almost 60 before it's even allowed to have 6L.

Could you please clarify this? If I have an item that has 5 sockets on it, is it guaranteed to allow 5 links, or are you saying that even though it has 5 sockets it may be impossible to link them all together because the item isn't high enough level?
"
Finalizer wrote:
"

Could you please clarify this? If I have an item that has 5 sockets on it, is it guaranteed to allow 5 links, or are you saying that even though it has 5 sockets it may be impossible to link them all together because the item isn't high enough level?

If it has the sockets, you can link them. The item level affects possible maximum number of sockets, not links.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
GGG has not published official numbers one how rare different socket configurations are. There have been a few threads where users try to estimate the probabilities. If you're curious then just run a forum search. For example, if I remember correctly, it's estimated that the chance of rolling a 6L with Fusing Orbs is about 1/300.

This right here made me quit the fucking game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info