Ranger Start Tree feedback

Is there any way to guarantee a respec?
I made my ranger essentially skipping the start because it's trash, and now the tree changes is probably going to change that. It would suck to be skipped over for not choosing an inferior build.
"
Minzy wrote:
Is there any way to guarantee a respec?
I made my ranger essentially skipping the start because it's trash, and now the tree changes is probably going to change that. It would suck to be skipped over for not choosing an inferior build.

I'm also wondering about this. The reason the Ranger is getting a revamp is the same reason that many people will have avoided most of the affected nodes.
"
SaranCadrey wrote:
Another thing to note is that the '4-leaf clover' of weapon nodes at the top right seems unchanged. I hope they either add notable passives for each weapon-type there, or move the whole group altogether. No one ever goes there to take any of those nodes.

Claw notable in that place is pretty neat and I can see a use for the bow cluster because of 2 20% accuracy nodes. But the whole area there have so much +10 stat nodes that it's awkward even if you really want to get either Mana Geyser or mode between Shadow/Ranger through there.
A lot of buffs happening to the Ranger tree with the .11.2 patch notes out. Let's hope the layout is nice.

Interestingly enough, they nerfed IR by way of not counting the Dex bonus. Makes me wonder if it's worth going for IR or actually going pure evasion + Ondar's Guile.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
I'll be making a pure evasion pure dexterity build using the new layout. I'm sure it'll make for a tanky character in onslaught. It was a nice surprise both Iron Reflexes and CI get nerfed slightly. GGG is always on the ball with balance issues.
Acrobatics remains useless and dumbed designed and IR gets nerfed for ranger .. yehaaa !!!
-___-"

The rest of the update seems nice though, but won't really solve the dexterity-accuracy problem underlying.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
i like most of the changes, but feel like a couple things have been overlooked. the dual wield circle in the bottom right, near iron reflexes, is weak compared to similar nodes. Blade Barrier is a 3 point dead-end for 10 dw damage and 6 dw block: the duelist's Dervish is 16 dw damage and 14 dw block on a connecting route. similarly, the Twin Terrors line starts with two 8% accuracy nodes, which are very unattractive compared to the new nodes by the ranger start, and the dw crit chance is less than the Deadly Precision and Disemboweling nodes on the left side of the tree (which are, admittedly, further away). shouldn't dual wield nodes, being more specialized than one handed nodes, give more bonuses?

Spoiler
also can claw and dagger dw get an aoe skill pretty please
Last edited by kellypoe on Jul 15, 2013, 3:28:56 PM
Granite flasks, armor and evasion

Have you considered follwoing:

a) If granite flask is used with armor build, and you roll "armor mod" into it, it multiplies both the flask armor (making it 6k from granite alone) and ALSO your armor (depends on your base armor).
b) If granite flask is used with evasion build, and you roll "armor mod" you get only 6k granite flask but no bonus to armor.
c) You roll granite flask with "evasion mod", and youll get 3k Granite and your evasion gets multiplied accoriding to evasion mod in granite.

In short: I think, that granite supports armor based builds alot more than evasive builds. Maybe we need an "evade flask" that increases your base evasion by 3k^^

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Jul 15, 2013, 9:14:56 PM
Small critique about the new ranger start. Image to help.

Above, the Weapon Artistry node increases all phy damage, as do the 2 red nodes on the left. However, the only nodes that lead to heart of the panther are either dual wield nodes or one handed. Not far below is a cluster for 2-handed weapons, while the nearby sword cluster could also apply to 2-handers.

My point is, weapon artistrys 20% damage is a big bonus that would be of use even to 2-hander builds and as extremely niche as 2-hander rangers may be, I think they shouldn't have to waste nodes, especially when they're gonna have to jump a lot of hoops to make a 2-handed ranger work in the first place.

So my suggestion is to make the 2 one-handed melee weapon nodes connecting to weapon artistry the same 10% melee physical damage nodes on the left. This would also be on use to facebreaker builds who would find the 20% from weapon artistry one of the few places to get non-weapon based phys damage increases.

Otherwise, I love this new start! Heart of the oak and primal spirit are great!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Just patched and looked at the new Ranger starting area.

I am duly impressed. Planning a Ranger now!

Spoiler
Unfortunately I didn't take my Shadow deep enough into the Ranger area to get a respec.
Last edited by Nobake on Jul 16, 2013, 7:19:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info