Ranger Start Tree feedback

"
Islidox wrote:
"
Shredzilly wrote:
Hey there,

don`t know if it was mentioned before and if it would screw up Skills etc, but I would like a Projectile Speed Passive.

As always, you Guys are doing a fantastic Job.

F***** awesome Game !!

Two such passives are located in the King of the Hill Cluster, giving 15% increased arrow speed per node.

Yes, but they are not working with Etheral Knives or Spark Projectiles.
I was thinking that perhaps more projectile damage/speed nodes could exist in the ranger area as well. I think that is what Shredzilly meant by Projectile Speed passive nodes.

There are far too many bow passives in the ranger area for a witch or shadow to ever want to go into. If there were more projectile damage/speed nodes in the ranger's area it would at least attract spell casters to some extent. This can benefit both casters and bow users as well.
But on the other side, changing all bow passives to projectile passives would be extremely OP for Witch/Shadow casters.

I do agree that the Ranger could use some more projectile damage passives as opposed to bow damage passives, but they shouldn't be numerous as to provide too much advantage. Projectile damage affects everything from physical and elemental damage, so caution is needed.

As for projectile speed, there are no passives for such, but that's why there's the Faster Projectile support and Karui Ward Jade Amulet. Also you can get increased projectile speed on wands as well.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
But on the other side, changing all bow passives to projectile passives would be extremely OP for Witch/Shadow casters.

I do agree that the Ranger could use some more projectile damage passives as opposed to bow damage passives, but they shouldn't be numerous as to provide too much advantage. Projectile damage affects everything from physical and elemental damage, so caution is needed.

As for projectile speed, there are no passives for such, but that's why there's the Faster Projectile support and Karui Ward Jade Amulet. Also you can get increased projectile speed on wands as well.

Im not asking To change all Bow Specific Types to Projectiles.
Just think it would suit the Ranger good to have one specific Projectile Speed Node.
Sort of like the increased AOE for Witch and Templar.
There is a Gem for increased AOE,two Passives and an Item (Carcass Jack)
I've shared my thoughts here before and it's because my main obsession has always been with the melee ranger.

Description of a melee ranger: Fast attacking, quick dodging and being a classic ranger survivalist.

Problems:

1)Limited access to convenient* life nodes in reflection to other classes.
2)Zero spell damage mitigation in reflection to other classes.
3)Overload of melee offensive nodes, few of which are useful.

So you're a melee ranger and you either go with small evasion nodes or you go with 1 handed weapons. When looking at this, there is no upside to being melee as a ranger due to the duelist having everything needed to be melee at the start, with evasion accessible later on.

Possible Solution:

1)Remove 1handed restraint on the melee damage at the start.
2)Make a wheel for dual weilding/1handed damage.
3)Move/Add Mana geyser into/around the tree.
4)Redesign the evasion start to include life and increase the evasion values.
5)Add spell damage avoidance deep into the start or add a diamond skin node/resist nodes into the start.
6)behind IR, add life nodes or armour nodes and move it further away from the duelist area (switch it with Ondars Guile) This will give shadows more of a reason to build down toward IR as shadow also suffers from survivability issues.
I'm fairly new to the game but bow wielding characters are my favorite in any game.

I have a couple rough ideas about notable passives that might be attractive enough for other classes to want to get to (since most of these replies say there's no reason to venture into the ranger area).

How about a 'Lucky Streak' passive that increases your chance to hit upon each successful hit? It would reset on a miss.
Have another passive 'In The Zone' that increases your damage with each successive hit that would reset if you moved.

Since survival seems to be an issue for rangers, how about a passive 'Fleet Footed' that gives you additional dodge chance or evasion chance while you are moving? Let it include spells too. When you're running you're in a defensive frame of mind. You should be at less risk than if you're standing still.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Shredzilly wrote:
"
Islidox wrote:

Im not asking To change all Bow Specific Types to Projectiles.
Just think it would suit the Ranger good to have one specific Projectile Speed Node.
Sort of like the increased AOE for Witch and Templar.
There is a Gem for increased AOE,two Passives and an Item (Carcass Jack)

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a few more projectile speed passives. In fact, they would serve best as part of existing passives than a new passive altogether. I've always thought that the Ranger could use a Fury Bolts notable cluster (inc projectile damage) in the Ranger tree, and putting in projectile speed as part of the package would be very nice.
I guess we'll see come this Monday/Tuesday what the skill tree has in store for the ranger. I'd like to know ahead of time what possible changes were added based on all of the ideas in this forum topic and to be able to think about what changes need to be made to current and future builds.

It's an exciting time to be a ranger, hopefully she'll have a much easier time starting out and kicking monster butt!
Last edited by SaranCadrey on Jul 10, 2013, 1:12:04 PM
For me i would lile to see an easy access to elemental resit there are some but not like west on yhe tree ot north of the ranger as I am level forty and t o get to a passive worth upping my resistance one level for just 8% cold or lightning resistance isnt worth it. Thats three levels to just up fire cold n lightning and not all where there are 12% elementals else where. That will improve sustainable defense with some improvement in something like a notable evasion mode where your percentage of evade is increased five ten or fiveteen percent depending on how much non evasive equipment you gear or just a perk if you gear in all evasion armor you get plus 100 energy shield or ten percent of your evasion armor

Also to help bow and melee both some comparable elemental damage and critical strike nodes to those north as well as suggested before hand if you target things in succession a chain for hits that resets on a miss or even after a cap on the chain
"
mark1030 wrote:
I'm fairly new to the game but bow wielding characters are my favorite in any game.

I have a couple rough ideas about notable passives that might be attractive enough for other classes to want to get to (since most of these replies say there's no reason to venture into the ranger area).

How about a 'Lucky Streak' passive that increases your chance to hit upon each successful hit? It would reset on a miss.
Have another passive 'In The Zone' that increases your damage with each successive hit that would reset if you moved.

Since survival seems to be an issue for rangers, how about a passive 'Fleet Footed' that gives you additional dodge chance or evasion chance while you are moving? Let it include spells too. When you're running you're in a defensive frame of mind. You should be at less risk than if you're standing still.

These are actually good ideas, but the ideas presented are so strong that they're keystone worthy. And keystones have to be balanced with a downside in order for it to not be a end-all passive.

The devs mentioned they're reworking the evasion on mobs and accuracy for players, so hopefully 300+ Dex will give something better than 75% chance to hit at the level 70s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info