"kripps" CI Cyclone Claw build help for onslaught

I started this build up as well.

I'm going hp cleave till higher levels as well then ill swap to the claw shield cyclone CI version. If you pick your HP nodes carefully the respec cost shouldn't be but a few regrets + the quest respec points.

The hard thing about this build is you need all of it at the exact same time for it to work, so i don't think it was meant to be leveled as cyclone. You have to have the claw life leach, mana leech, vaal pact, CI, ghost reaver and high enough ES to live and you need it at the re-spec point.

For auras since you cant BM any skills i think the most you'll get is 3, i'm assuming Discipline and purity are required, and i think grace is the next most beneficial. Then hope you do enough dmg or have enough mana leech to sustain cyclone.

As for gear you'll want a mix of EV\ES hybrid gear and pure ES gear. Hard to know what the sweet spot for ES will be since the re-balance changes and the modifiers on whatever league your playing in.

One thing on the build that I think is subtle is the huge importance of the passive Testudo (20% defenses from shield and 6% block). This is not a DW claw build there are no DW passives picked only one handed ones. The shield with Testudo will be a major contributor of ES for you and a decent one in the bank i think will be a requirement before you swap over to CI.

There also isnt much actual dmg from the tree but the good news is with ci and all that life leech you should be able to run pure damage enhancing supports on your cyclone. so im thinking cyclone + melee dmg + melee dmg on full life for sure. After that im not entirely sure having not played with cyclone before (part of the reason i wanted to try this build).

I think next you could do faster attacks depending on how it effects cyclone, maybe an added fire or maybe even added cold or choas, since your attack speed shoudl be pretty high with cyclone claw the flat added dmg gems might be better than the % added ones but i just dont know having not done claws or cyclone before.

Anyway for now im thinking cyclone, mele physical, melee physical on full life, some elemental support maybe two, then weapon elemental or faster attacks. If mana is a huge issue then maybe even a mana leech gem?

Sorry for the long post but im sure getting excited about this build.

Hob
Here are some things I can tell you for sure as someone running this build in anarchy.

for one, Cyclone is extremely hard to support until you get to a weapon, or a claw, with really high physical damage so you get a lot from mana leech, and i also run mana leech on gear as well, but once you get it high it will support itself. until then, I used mana pots, needed the ones that are about 400 mana return to sustain cyclone without gaps because of the regen speed. before cyclone i used double strike and a lot of basic attacks to get by.

I'm running Cyclone+Life on Hit+Faster Attacks+Mana Leech. I believe that is necessary for the 4 link, at least until you've got the claw leech passives and vaal pact, which you wont have until end game. It keeps you full on hp and with all the mana leech you should be staying full mana as well once you've got a claw with ~100 top end damage.

I want to point out for anyone that Faster Attacks is an excellent gem and I believe a must have, because it raises the dps of your cyclone, but it does not affect it's mana consumption.

Another important thing to keep in mind is you absolutely do NOT want movement speed, don't get it on your boots, avoid it at all costs. It makes your cyclone do less damage while costing the same mana because you spend less time whirling through your target before you are out of them. Get a Whirling Blades gem and just spam that to get around quickly. Frenzy charges are a great effect as well, and you shouldn't have a problem running Blood Rage most of the time, even without CI because of the life gain on hit and leech you are getting while cycloning.

as for auras and such, I would assume grace and discipline, beyond that, idk.

Keep in mind you will have to spec into life nodes and get HP gear for most of the game until you can repec into ES/CI, or you are going to have a very hard time so grab a bunch of them, don't try to just blitz to the claw passives, it won't work well for you. Also do not grab Vaal Pact until you at least have the claw passives, or have gone CI.

I cannot help with a claw build but I can help with cyclone feedback :), I have been using it for some time on HC before the patch.

Cyclone is really heavy mana based and unless you have a big mana pool you'll have problems maintaining DPS. I found that having some ok-ish mana regen + reduced mana passives/gem work better then relying on mana leech for cyclone. also reduced mana passives will help you with other spells like curses, enduring cry, totems etc. For your build I think it would work extremely well as you'll have quite some life leech from claws, leaving you a red slot for reduced mana. For Duelist you have Arcane efficiency which will reduce all mana costs by 20%. This way you will have more freedom on your gear/gem support selection and won't be tided to mana leech from physical damage/gem

For DPS support concentrated effect will boost your cyclone a LOT and the less area of effect can be countered by passives and quality on cyclone. Also quality on concentrated effect has %reduced mana costs for a nice sinergy.

The rest of support gems are unimportant just check which ones fit your gear best atm :)

Hope this helps
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
What could your passive map look like before you get to the claws, vaal pact, and CI end? There's a lot of talk of needing early game hp nodes so is it possible that bridging the golem's blood gap towards Berzerking would be okay and respeccable?

Edit:: How many points are generally considered reasonable for a levelling respec?
Last edited by Perkstoph on Jun 10, 2013, 2:54:10 PM
I just started this build too, but with a Shadow instead.
Wonder how it will be :)
"
Perkstoph wrote:
What could your passive map look like before you get to the claws, vaal pact, and CI end? There's a lot of talk of needing early game hp nodes so is it possible that bridging the golem's blood gap towards Berzerking would be okay and respeccable?

Edit:: How many points are generally considered reasonable for a levelling respec?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBDq0VIBjbIWAotSmlKk0shSzpMgk_J0CgQYdDnFPfWNtaGluvXzlgiGFSapNuaW6qdPF6uITZkAqZK5stm4OeuZ_LrK-uk7ZBvYG-p8APxLjKkNJN1e3V-N0N3ePvTvihgseVIEZxtAyTJxzc45_UGaZXOuGI8YPb_EvOcWwW_MVnoId2Sn0FLWBLeu907Q==

mine looks like that atm at level 57, keep going like that and grabbing life nodes on the way until i get to the claw passives so can take vaal pact, then switch over to CI/GR/ES nodes once you get a decent set of ES armor.

by the time i get to the claw nodes i intend it to look like this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBDq0VIBjbIWAotSmlKk0shSzpMgk_J0CgQYdDnFPfWNtaGluvXzlgiGFSapNuaW6qdPF6uITZkAqZK5stm4OeuZ_LrK-uk7ZBvYG-p8APxLjKkNJN1e3V-N0N3ePvTvihgseVIEZxtAyTJxzc45_UGaZXOuGI8YPb_EvOcWwW_MVnoId2Sn0FLWBLeu907TqzNYadqrnNvJ9_xsHF7BiP-tvnqnwnL7Sjp1wkPFptSVFHBsLstMVAVW9XDI0NSSo4

after that id respec the health nodes out for es once you get a decent es set going and go with the rest of the tree as its planned out.

just my suggestions and what im doing.
Last edited by Keldrath on Jun 10, 2013, 6:35:21 PM
LVL 20 atm, picking up life nodes and basically going like Keldrath is going.

I have one question though, what's the fastest way to lvl till then? Pure physical cleave with FA support gem? A mix of phys and ele cleave (even without any added ele dmg nodes) and FA? What auras should be I be running lvl 20-50?

At level 20 I'm doing 115DPS cleave (without FA) and 200+DPS with dual strike. I'm just wondering about auras, support gems, etc.
I wish I had gone the life node path but currently trying to get this to work with ES and leech as I level. Its tough going (lvl 47) and I would not recommend it :D. Fortunately I got nice friends that can carry me a bit. Its a tricky build to get working thats for sure.

Right now im running cyclone with faster attacks and melee dmg on full life which works quite well though.
Do we really need to be taking unwavering stance? As far as I remember you cannot be stunned while cycloning anyway.

For the people grabbing HP nodes. There is a 10% right at the start of duelist that would be better then some 6%s along the way.
IGN: The_Lurch
"
The_Lurch wrote:
Do we really need to be taking unwavering stance? As far as I remember you cannot be stunned while cycloning anyway.

Its very easy to get stunlocked to death by any ranged mob once you pick up CI, unless you like to use Cyclone to move around everywhere it would be a good idea to pick it up.

This is what my build looks like at 58

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBS0OSA6tEZYVIBjbHNwhYCmlKk0quiyFLOkyCT8nQKBBh0OcRnFHfkp9U99Y21oaW69gS2VNZ6Bqk2wWbmluqnTtdPF6uHrvf8aCx4PbhNmHdo_6kAqTJ5UgmSubg565pzSrxayvrpO0DLZBvJ-9gb6nwA_BxcS4znHSTdQZ1e3V-N0N45_sGO9O_Ev8xQ==

It doesnt look like you can really go CI until 72 at the earliest with 75-78 feeling much safer(-2 if you kill Piety).

This is what the build looks like at 72 when you can go CI, I personally would wait another 6 points to pick up the ES/Evasion cluster next to the Claw leech nodes, but if you have some really good ES gear saved up you would probably be fine without it

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBDkgOrRGWFSAY2xzcIWAppSpNKroshSzpMgk_J0CgQYdDnEZxU99Y21oaW69qk25pbqp08Xq4f8aCx4TZj_qQCpMnlSCZK5uDnrmnNKyvrpO0DLZBvYG-p8APwcXEuNJN1e3V-N0N7BjvTt3jXznKkCi1YIhhUp_Lw20sv4auFdfXhlZj2-dHBl9qwuy0xUBVb1cMjQ1J44SIa7b3ES-ZmutjoqPB820ZO-Hi96crKjiLeg==

I used Cyclone while leveling up instead of Cleave because the only good weapons I was getting were daggers, I used Mana Leech from 31 and on but I still had mana issues until about 50. I do not recommend leveling with Cyclone, it is hell.

And for my Auras im using Hatred, Clarity, and Grace at the moment. Once I go CI reduced mana should be leveled up enough to allow me to put up discipline
Last edited by Tilan on Jun 11, 2013, 3:35:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info