{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

yup, i was using arc for that but switched to frost nova, i still have basic wand attack on RMB to direct traffic.

Also i see the weapon i'm replacing midnight bargain with XD

now i just need to get my defenses up enough to be a bit tanky and i can complete my minion build, Dominating blow + increased duration + idk melee splash? will be a nice replacement for a single spectre :)
Poste a update of your build + gems please
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Tip:
idk if u guys knew about this but you can force your minions to adopt a agressive AI by constantly attacking the monster or group of monster you want them to run at. Your minions and your character will be almost a screen length away at times making you super safe.

I make my minions agressive by constantly spamming curses(as they still count as an attack). Your minions will run the area you are cursing(if mobs are there).

I find that this works to a certain degree. They will leash back once you stop spamming or have to move or basically do anything but attack/curse. Once they disengage for the slightest bit and then reengage you are lucky to get them to attack the same mob as before. In your case with splash and multi and good character survivability it doesnt really matter but until you get those gems and level them and decent gear in a new league your zombies are pretty much useless offensively. The AI sucks and we know it. question is if GGG are doing anything about it or plan to.

They should give the Animate Guardian AI to zombies imo. His agro radius is huge and just charges off to anything offscreen and sticks to mobs way better than zombies or at least that is the impression I get.
Last edited by minimajk on Nov 8, 2013, 3:06:00 AM
"
minimajk wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Tip:
idk if u guys knew about this but you can force your minions to adopt a agressive AI by constantly attacking the monster or group of monster you want them to run at. Your minions and your character will be almost a screen length away at times making you super safe.

I make my minions agressive by constantly spamming curses(as they still count as an attack). Your minions will run the area you are cursing(if mobs are there).

I find that this works to a certain degree. They will leash back once you stop spamming or have to move or basically do anything but attack/curse. Once they disengage for the slightest bit and then reengage you are lucky to get them to attack the same mob as before. In your case with splash and multi and good character survivability it doesnt really matter but until you get those gems and level them and decent gear in a new league your zombies are pretty much useless offensively. The AI sucks and we know it. question is if GGG are doing anything about it or plan to.

They should give the Animate Guardian AI to zombies imo. His agro radius is huge and just charges off to anything offscreen and sticks to mobs way better than zombies or at least that is the impression I get.

That would be bad imo, the whole point of zombies pre end game is to take hits for you, if they will charge to offscreen like teh guardian does, you won't be able to progress as a summoner at all. Plus once the endgame hits, spectres kill everything anyway, so why bother?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
minimajk wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Tip:

That would be bad imo, the whole point of zombies pre end game is to take hits for you, if they will charge to offscreen like teh guardian does, you won't be able to progress as a summoner at all. Plus once the endgame hits, spectres kill everything anyway, so why bother?

I agree partly. Once you get lvl 67 Lunaris BMs you are set until you do maps where you need to squeeze more dps out of the build since your spectres are capped at all minion life nodes, capped gems, and item swaps (not counting getting lucky and doing a 70+map and finding some higher lvl BMs in which case you never log out.....). That imo is where your zombies come into the picture and more specifically thier AI.

I personally like my zombies more aggressive but that goes with my play style. Ideally GGG should implement something similar to pet behavioural modes in other games like a passive (hang around the summoner), tentative (attack only if attacked and pursue up to summoner agro radius or similar), aggressive (attack and pursue everything) mode for each minion group. Cheers for wishful thinking.
Last edited by minimajk on Nov 8, 2013, 6:17:07 AM
Would it be worth it to take Ancestral bond in order to use both skeletotem and Rejuvenation?

I'm in the mid 70's and just got to the Scepter, I have to ask - how am I supposed to deal with Merc Evangelists? I have everything I can to buff my minions durability save necromantic aegis but a single blue evangelist can completely destroy all of my minions before dying, even with skeleton totem swarming it. I can make myself more tanky, but that does nothing to help my minions - am I just waiting for my zombies to hit 20 for natural resists? I seem to have taken everything that will buff minion survivability already, the only thing they are going to get further is resists at 20 for zombies and better auras. I really don't know if I see that making much of a difference given how fast an Evangelist or two can obliterate them as it stands, and I definitely can't see my minions making it up the scepter. Is this build just SoL for finishing the game without a group?
Ephemeral Edge. It got me thinking. Won't it provide enough mana through eldrich battery that it will be possible to respec mana nodes and get life nodes, effectively overlapping the life malus on it?

P.S. is this worth losing 47% IIR?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Nov 8, 2013, 7:27:36 AM
I'm in the mid 70's and just got to the Scepter, I have to ask - how am I supposed to deal with Merc Evangelists? I have everything I can to buff my minions durability save necromantic aegis but a single blue evangelist can completely destroy all of my minions before dying, even with skeleton totem swarming it. I can make myself more tanky, but that does nothing to help my minions - am I just waiting for my zombies to hit 20 for natural resists? I seem to have taken everything that will buff minion survivability already, the only thing they are going to get further is resists at 20 for zombies and better auras. I really don't know if I see that making much of a difference given how fast an Evangelist or two can obliterate them as it stands, and I definitely can't see my minions making it up the scepter. Is this build just SoL for finishing the game without a group?

*edit*

"
minimajk wrote:

Honestly I think they should give us basic Pet Commands for all our minions. The ability to tell them to "Go to", attack, or change their default behaviour states would be very helpful.

I made several summoner related suggestions in this feedback thread if anyone is interested

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/588051/page/1#p5189896
"
Quxudica wrote:

If Im not mistaken the evangelists deal physical damage with thier "pentagram"ish attack so armor (Determination)is your friend or like Matt use passively beefed up instapot spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info