{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
Seelenernter wrote:
Well, the evangelists dmg is indeed physical and everything applies, so "hatred" works as well as "added fire dmg".
The problem is their crappy base dmg type, physical, theres not much boost via curses possible. And the meager ~30% through vulnerability are even reduced against bosses...
But maybe ist possible to turn their damage more towards elemental ones with hatred and direct dmg adds. But no idea how high their base dmg is compared, so if it is worthwhile with at least 1 additional gem.

Did you test it? Because I am really interested. A guy from GGG said "They also have a delayed blast spell that marks an area of ground, then shortly afterwards deals physical spell damage in an AoE at that point.". So I am not sure about added dmg, I'm a bit confused.

What I like about them is they never die, shoot from extremely far behind, and you can chill with them summoning zombies to tank. I'm really looking to replace BMs because I'm a bit frustrated in maps that have stairs etc, sometimes they don't activate they aura on time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
"
Seelenernter wrote:
Well, the evangelists dmg is indeed physical and everything applies, so "hatred" works as well as "added fire dmg".
The problem is their crappy base dmg type, physical, theres not much boost via curses possible. And the meager ~30% through vulnerability are even reduced against bosses...
But maybe ist possible to turn their damage more towards elemental ones with hatred and direct dmg adds. But no idea how high their base dmg is compared, so if it is worthwhile with at least 1 additional gem.

Testing actually 2 evangelists (2 spectres max with the build and my gear) with 6 link in low maps (68-69) :
- RS
- Faster casting
- added fire damage
- IIQ + IIR (those gems do not work with BM) - effectivness is great but loot is awesome :)
- IAE

(gems are not lvl 20 and not Q20, except IAE)

5 auras running : purity, clarity, discipline, hatred and haste (lvl 15) used to boost their damage (+92% aura effect).

Curse : at least vulnerability.

Very effective, cheated range (maybe a bug, they keep casting out of the screen), great aoe.

The main problem is that vitality aura is missing (traded for hatred)

Main advantage so far compared to BM :
- IIQ+IIR working
- protective bubble could be very usefull (no damage from any ranged attack when you are in the bubble, even from a boss)
- not so exposed to damage, zombies are tanking

Main disadvantage so far :
- need to stop moving to cast the spell
- losing vitality is a big deal

Last edited by maxric2 on Oct 27, 2013, 1:47:39 PM
Yes, tested it. And it works.

The mainproblem with the evangelists is their damage. Its actually not that high, and its a very unfortunate category (spell physical), with very few boosting capabilities, especially for minions.
I see. I'm not really happy with curse nerf, because I like boss runs. Although great on trash mobs, maybe it's a bit waste to run 3 curses now. So vulnerability and enfeeble would be enough, maybe.

The difference between BM and Evangelists is the reliability, Evangelists shoot as soon as they see enemy. I hate fighting Piety 30sec without aura activation. And running more then 1 BM is a waste, but it's so boring if he dies somehow. So maybe utilizing 4 Evangelists would be better for me. We'll see.

EDIT: got my tabula rasa so the testing started. Concentrated effect makes dmg really high. But the bubble and area of dmg is smaller.
Last edited by Daidelos on Oct 27, 2013, 8:14:55 PM
Evangelists are pretty nice, especially considering that other good spectres require green gem slot (which I do not posses in my 5L and which BMs don't need), so a setup with 2 BMs (for a bigger chance of aura activation) and 1 evangelist (with aoe+life+rarity+quoantity+resist). Rarity and quantity might be a waste though, as I'm sure that BMs get most of the kills anyway.
My only real problem with them is those annoying sounds of their attacks. One of the reasons I couldn't use cinder elementals was because of their footstep sounds, these are close on the annoyance meter.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Been doing Dom runs now. And you guys are right.. BMs just melt too quickly. Evangelists seems to be a pretty decent pick now.... may want to figure out what the good support gems are for them.
your bm's are dying even with minion life + minion resistance + sidhe breath + chobber chabber?

For evangelist

RS + added fire + increased aoe + faster casting + ? + ?
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Last edited by mattc3303 on Oct 27, 2013, 7:07:35 PM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
your bm's are dying even with minion life + minion resistance + sidhe breath + chobber chabber?

For evangelist

RS + added fire + increased aoe + faster casting + ? + ?

just added the chober and side swap and it really helped BM for trash clearing up to dominus... but they jsut get wrecked by the whirlwind guy even with pot spam.

evanglist are much much better are surviving the boss fight. I guess its something to juggle around.

It is extremely annoying to have to resummon BMs every single run with the swaps.
The thing with Evangelists that annoys me the most is their range. In theory it is great to have huge range, but they just don't follow. They are great when near you, but so many times they are somewhere behind, not attacking. And fast monsters a pain too. Somehow their dmg is not that reliable after testing. Maybe someone will come up with a better build (used added fire, fast cast, area, ll). But once you cast them you can totally forget about them, never lost 1/10 of health).
I feel like you need to play cocky with them. And my domination budget doesn't allow me that yet.
Last edited by Daidelos on Oct 27, 2013, 8:15:42 PM
"
maxric2 wrote:
"
Seelenernter wrote:

Testing actually 2 evangelists (2 spectres max with the build and my gear) with 6 link in low maps (68-69) :
- RS
- Faster casting
- added fire damage
- IIQ + IIR (those gems do not work with BM) - effectivness is great but loot is awesome :)
- IAE

(gems are not lvl 20 and not Q20, except IAE)

5 auras running : purity, clarity, discipline, hatred and haste (lvl 15) used to boost their damage (+92% aura effect).

Curse : at least vulnerability.

Very effective, cheated range (maybe a bug, they keep casting out of the screen), great aoe.

The main problem is that vitality aura is missing (traded for hatred)

Main advantage so far compared to BM :
- IIQ+IIR working
- protective bubble could be very usefull (no damage from any ranged attack when you are in the bubble, even from a boss)
- not so exposed to damage, zombies are tanking

Main disadvantage so far :
- need to stop moving to cast the spell
- losing vitality is a big deal

Is it worth putting IIQ IIR on the evanglists?

I feel like there damage may not be high enough to get last hit without culling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info