Computer crash

Finished downloading and the game crashes the shit out of my computer every time i load the game up blue screen and all.
Last edited by krunk723 on Jul 27, 2012, 11:21:16 PM
Can you post any details?

Operating system? 32 or 64bit? Service Pack? Graphics card? Driver version for graphics etc..
windows 7 32 bit service pack 1
card= Nvidia geforce gtx 260m 1gb
checked drivers and they are up to date
tried repairing downloaded the game 2 seperate times, tried runing as admin, tried changing compatability settings, anything short of taking apart my computer and putting new shit in it ive done, no its not my computer overheating, its none of that generic im a computer retard stuff if ya know what i mean.
"
krunk723 wrote:
Finished downloading and the game crashes the shit out of my computer every time i load the game up blue screen and all.

It's not the game's fault in the slightest. It's not possible for software to "cause" issues. You can however have hardware issue that software brings to your attention.
Sounds like faulty RAM. Run Memtest86 on each stick one at a time.
A bad gpu driver can cause a blue screen. A unstable cpu overclock can also cause a blue screen. So can a unstable gpu overclock or a faulty gpu.
I assume you would have mentioned any overclocked hardware?
If there is, you can take from this that what ever you're overclocking isn't stable at those settings.

A bad or overloaded PSU would just shut down so that's not it.
"
krunk723 wrote:
im a computer retard stuff if ya know what i mean.

Ok, so I guess you aren't overclocking anything.
I'd almost bet it's your RAM.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 28, 2012, 1:57:29 AM
does it make sense for it to be a memory issue if all my programs were working fine before hand? I today had 17gb of space left. I then cleared 100 gb today to increase my computer speed, and then defraged my entire computer and, then downloaded the game? if i had memory issues wouldn't i be having this trouble when the space was occupied by another program? 2 of the 100gb i deleted was power iso and dameon tools ironic isn't it considering you have to buy memtest w/o it plus im using a laptop so its not like i could replace those sticks anyhow. wouldn't this problem occure with other games as well then?

No i haven't even tried overclocking my computer. if it was my computers fault wouldn't i see similar issues with diablo 3, league of legends, world of warcraft, skyrim, smite beta ect..... this game is seems so unstressful comparativly, not that i could know considering the requirements for the game aren't even out. i ran the game in compatability mode, and it came up saying program uncompatable, and the only compatability specs releases are sse2, windows 7, and " supported by a large varaiety of graphics cards". i have windows 7 and sse2 comes with my intel core 2 duo preocessor i checked.
Last edited by krunk723 on Jul 28, 2012, 2:11:40 AM
"
krunk723 wrote:
does it make sense for it to be a ram issue if all my programs were working fine

Sure it does.
A system could seem stable and then one day a piece of software brings an issue to light.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 28, 2012, 2:31:51 AM
so if i delete path of exile and redownload sc2 your saying that shouldnt work?
or are you saying path of exile has some type of issue with my computer? specificly the ram?
"
krunk723 wrote:
or are you saying path of exile has some type of issue with my computer? specificly the ram?

I'm saying it's likely you have a faulty piece of hardware.
I'm saying it's not PoE. If it was PoE, everyone would have this issue.

Edit: A possibility is PoE doesn't like your current gpu driver.
Try rolling back to last one.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 28, 2012, 2:28:33 AM
i actually thought about doing that, but to play diablo 3 i had to actually update them b/c of issues with that game isn't that silly. lets try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info