Computer crash

SC2 won't use up your entire available memory space and the entirety of your video ram.

Path of exile does, frequently, do just that.

So yes, if you're having errors on one memory chip in either your system or video card, PoE could hit the sensitive nerve, while SC2 could continue along its merry way.

hey! post a dxdiag dump as well, just make sure to spoiler it. And post in the bug reports section as well, not beta general. Thanks. Dxdiag will actually snapshot lots of relevant information from when the crash occurred. Very useful for identifying problems.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 28, 2012, 2:38:11 AM
do you have a creative sound card? they are known to cause bluescreens.
if so try to start the game with the sound drivers disabled or adding " --nosound " at the end of your PoE short cut.
ill try the no sound thing the rolback didnt work. im thinking its not my ram because before rolling back i opened up diablo 3, wow, and sc2 at the same time playing them simultaionsly with a cup/ram meter clocking it at 100% on both with no issues.
sound issue fixed it.
This why i don't go to best buy anymore they told my gf she needed a new mother board i told her she needs a new
power cord, I was right.

Heres this guys saying its a ram issue and my computer is basicly broken and doesn't inform me about the known issues wow who knows nothing about computers now?
Last edited by krunk723 on Jul 28, 2012, 2:58:09 AM
"
krunk723 wrote:
sound issue fixed it.
This why i don't go to best buy anymore they told my gf she needed a new mother board i told her she needs a new
power cord, I was right.

Heres this guys saying its a ram issue and my computer is basicly broken and doesn't inform me about the known issues wow who knows nothing about computers now?

Lulz. You're the inept 99% pc illiterate idiot here, not me.
Because I didn't think of sound card/driver, I " know nothing about computers"? Are you like...15, or what?
I've been building for 10+ years. Do you honestly think It wouldn't have occured to me?

In fact, the proper procedure of debugging is to eliminate things one by one. Video, sound, usb... I thought maybe it was bad ram. And you go beaking off cuz I was wrong?
Go educate yourself you fricken tool, and you wouldn't be posting on a forum wondering why your big box store piece of crap blue screens.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 28, 2012, 2:17:11 PM
If you go to the right section (The bug one) there is a sticky there about known issues.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18346

The very first known bug is about creative cards and that they cause blue screen. If you have other issues you might get more info there too...

But theres no point in yelling at people that are trying to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info